Rangers Captain.?

sonOwilliam

Who would you like to see as the next Rangers Captain ?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see as the next Rangers Captain ?

• Allan McGregor
    • Maurice Edu
    • Steven Davis
    • Madjid Bougherra
    • Kenny Miller
    • Kevin Thomson
    • Kris Boyd
    • Lee McCulloch
    • Sasa Papac
    • NONE OF ABOVE.

I was just thinking what people would think on this subject if David Weir hangs the boots up.

Thats my shortlist if someone wants to add to it just say who you would like ill add him. (tu)

Personally i would vote for Kevin Thomson i think his work rate is very high and he just looks like he would make a good Rangers Captain.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCulloch, Boyd, Miller, Edu and Papac should be nowhere near that list!

Going by this season, neither should Bougherra (missed too many games), Kevin Thomson is too injury-prone, and inconsistant, McGregor is not captain's material, and I'm not too sure how Steven Davis would handle it either!?

Bar David Weir, no-one is worthy of the captain's armband!

Going by this season, neither should Bougherra (missed too many games), Kevin Thomson is too injury-prone, and inconsistant, McGregor is not captain's material, and I'm not too sure how Steven Davis would handle it either!?

So you think we need to sign a new captain.?

I wouldn't give it to Davis. Let him just keep doing what he is doing as he has been amazing this season.

I'd give it to Thomson if we don't manage to bring anyone in who would be suited.

Yes!

Unless Andy Webster is going to be a 1st team regular, I think he could take over from David Weir - because Walter Smith rates him.

Yes!

Unless Andy Webster is going to be a 1st team regular, I think he could take over from David Weir - because Walter Smith rates him.

True but if i was to be honest as DBBTB has said McCulloch will probably be Walters choice.

Mcculloch or mcgregor for me. Don't see why some people think Davis, good wee player but never captain material, no to thomson also, too injury prone and tbh is a bit of a loony at times.

Mcculloch or mcgregor for me. Don't see why some people think Davis, good wee player but never captain material, no to thomson also, too injury prone and tbh is a bit of a loony at times.

Looney at times :lol:

In my eyes a good captain battles and tackles hard and theres no dought that Thomson does that.

There is more to being a captain than just battling hard, and tackling.

Going missing for long spells, having the odd good game here and there, getting caught out of position, not the best option in that position, and being as much use as a shadow is not what you want from your captain!

We're struggling for a captain once Weir retires. We're not short on big characters, but I just can't pick out someone who is captain material.

Thomson one day, but not now. Needs to focus on improving his own game first. Davis could be a 'lead by example' captain, but he's very quiet which I don't like in a captain and I actually think he's the sort of player whose game would suffer if given the responsibility.

As others have said, I really can't see past it being McCulloch. If Weir stays on one more season, then I could see Thomson being ready to take the armband after next season.

Looney at times :lol:

In my eyes a good captain battles and tackles hard and theres no dought that Thomson does that.

Thomson tackles and battles of course. But he often make's stupid decisions that gets himself sent of or puts us in bad positions, and is also injury prone, that isn't captain material IMO.

I am desperate for McCulloch to leave in the summer. Don't want to even think about him as captain. Davis is not vocal enough to be a captain but surely his performances would be enough to inspire the players to up their game? So that must count for something, honestly from that list I wouldn't pick anyone.