Rangers Captain.?

sonOwilliam

Who would you like to see as the next Rangers Captain ?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see as the next Rangers Captain ?

• Allan McGregor
    • Maurice Edu
    • Steven Davis
    • Madjid Bougherra
    • Kenny Miller
    • Kevin Thomson
    • Kris Boyd
    • Lee McCulloch
    • Sasa Papac
    • NONE OF ABOVE.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomson is the sort of player you would want as a captain but he is a 'loose cannon' which of course you need but he is an idiot i like him though but my option would be Big Lee McCulloch who is Rangers through and through!

McCulloch (td)

McCulloch, Boyd, Miller, Edu and Papac should be nowhere near that list!

Going by this season, neither should Bougherra (missed too many games), Kevin Thomson is too injury-prone, and inconsistant, McGregor is not captain's material, and I'm not too sure how Steven Davis would handle it either!?

Bar David Weir, no-one is worthy of the captain's armband!

So you think we need to sign a new captain.?

you stole my thunder .he has been a good d utd captain this season ,i think smith will give it to his pet mcculloch though.

Yes!

Unless Andy Webster is going to be a 1st team regular, I think he could take over from David Weir - because Walter Smith rates him.

Rangers through and through does not mean you have a right to be rangers captain!! It's about leadership, motivation, drive, hunger, being able to take the game by the scruff of the neck when called upon!

How is mcculloch gonna be able to do that when he's a horrible footballer and out of position all the time?

Kevin Thomson is as far away from being a Rangers Captain as it is just about possible to be.

A Hibs fan who is only here because we pay more money than Hibs. He still lives in Edinburgh, still goes about with his fellow-Hibs fans mates, and generally cares not a jot about our club.

Yes, he will give his all to try to win games, i'm not calling into question his professionalism at all, just that to be the Captain of The Rangers is so much more than what you do on the pitch, and Thomson gets nowhere near the required mark.

If Weir does indeed leave at the end of the season, it will be a big decision to see who replaces him, and we probably need to wait and see who is going to be here next season first before making that decision.

John Greig anyone? I've seen him spit out invective at RSC functions for sing songs and make it perfectly clear he doesn't want to be there.

John Greig might have been a hearts fan when he was a boy but he's a rangers man now, no question

Kevin Thomson is as far away from being a Rangers Captain as it is just about possible to be.

A Hibs fan who is only here because we pay more money than Hibs. He still lives in Edinburgh, still goes about with his fellow-Hibs fans mates, and generally cares not a jot about our club.

Yes, he will give his all to try to win games, i'm not calling into question his professionalism at all, just that to be the Captain of The Rangers is so much more than what you do on the pitch, and Thomson gets nowhere near the required mark.

If Weir does indeed leave at the end of the season, it will be a big decision to see who replaces him, and we probably need to wait and see who is going to be here next season first before making that decision.

my auntie lives near him in edinburgh and apparently loads of gers players live round there just to avoid trouble (i bet beasley wished he did after the car bomb) they get from opposition, in fact the club recomend it and mcgreggor was told to move there a few months ago by walter. to say thommo doesn't care about gers is pretty stupid and i doubt there's many hibs fans who would say that he was still loyal to them, he had offers from celtic too who probably would've paid him more eventually and there were oppotunities to go to the epl but the guy jumped at the chance to come here. he's been broadcasting how much it means to him to be here and how much he wants a new contract here, just recently. you can't just expect a player to drop all their mates just because they move on although why he likes scott brown is beyond me (i guess next to him he's even better looking lol)

kevin's got the experience and commitment to rangers, he's made that clear from the off and, although he's been dropped recently, his play's improving with age (he's only just getting over a really serious injury remember)and with the armband that would add to him as a player whilst with some others, the responsibility would make them less of a player :)

nacho novo anyone? to me the captains armband needs to be worn by sumone who can influence the players that look up to him. nacho is a good example, he's hard working, his mental and physical strength is good and he gets the odd goal now and again. (tu)

mind u, this is if he stays after summer :wink:

nacho novo anyone? to me the captains armband needs to be worn by sumone who can influence the players that look up to him. nacho is a good example, he's hard working, his mental and physical strength is good and he gets the odd goal now and again. (tu)

I know what you mean but the reason why i didn't add Novo was because hes more of super sub not in the starting 11.

He's not good enough to be a regular, that rules him out of being Rangers captain!

I wish Steven Gerrard was a Rangers player :(

In our current squad, I'd give it to Thomson. I reckon it would bring out the best in him, and hopefully make him much more consistant.

Don't think Thomson is good enough to play for Rangers never mind being our captain

If Davis had a bit more aggression about him he'd be an ideal captain

And what do you base that opinion on exactly?

Don't think Thomson is good enough to play for Rangers never mind being our captain

And what do you base that opinion on exactly?

what opinions about football are usually based on, watching him play

There is more to being a captain than just battling hard, and tackling.

Going missing for long spells, having the odd good game here and there, getting caught out of position, not the best option in that position, and being as much use as a shadow is not what you want from your captain!

exactly captain of rangers my a??e

None of them strike me as leaders with the ability to push the team when their playing crap. Thompson could probablly do the job later down the line but at the moment he's not ready for the role.

None of them strike me as leaders with the ability to push the team when their playing crap. Thompson Thomson could probablly do the job later down the line but at the moment he's not ready for the role.

:wink:

None of them strike me as leaders with the ability to push the team when their playing crap. Thompson Thomson could probablly do the job later down the line but at the moment he's not ready for the role.

:wink:

Ah, I always type a "p" in it but most of the time I remember to delete it. I think he's in all likely hood our next captain, I'd hate to see the band giving to Walters love McCulloch.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Davis has enough aggression, but you don't need that in abundance to be a captain.