Well done Walter Smith and Davie Weir

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

davie weir- its no coincidence that anyone who's played beside him in defence has settled quickly. cuellar and boogy both seemed to massively enhance their reputations at rangers, and not just because they were playing in the spl.

and walter has been more important to rangers this year with everything thats gone on off the park than he;s ever been

For me Weir has had a pretty consistent season, first half of the season, Davis wasnt getting many goals and his form was patchy, Weir has been consistent and has reached high standards. Anyway, if he goes he will go with his head high, I am not convinced we will see him again next season, although if he stays as back up as well as a bit of coaching and mentoring Rangers, and him could be onto a good thing.

Wouldnt say Davie weir is a credit to his profession he makes a lot of mistakes that seem to go unnoticed but i suppose we have still won the league.

I hope this is his last season as it will be a wee bit desperate if he is playing next season.

I would say he is more than a credit to his profession. Almost 40, captaining Rangers to double glory, playing almost every game, one of the best in his position in the league, consistant, a gentleman and role model...

I just pray he goes at the end of the season with a bit of dignity if he doesnt it will seem desperate in my eyes as he doesnt know when to let go and let Danny Wilson and Andy Webster come it.

Give him a coaching role if there is space if not tough he has done a job.

To be honest I think that's a pretty disrespectful way to talk about a guy who has been one of our most consistant players over the past decade.

To be honest he is a player who is payed to play football and do his job.

Why do we always get sentimental with players ?

What can we do when he stops playing just make up coaching roles to suit him ?

Wouldnt say Davie weir is a credit to his profession he makes a lot of mistakes that seem to go unnoticed but i suppose we have still won the league.

I hope this is his last season as it will be a wee bit desperate if he is playing next season.

I know we've discussed this at games David, I'm just talking about the way he looks after himself and conducts himself on and off the park. Theres many a player who could learn a few things from him.

Cant fault the guy off the park and same on it most of the time.

But I dont want a team on gentlemen playing for us i would rather have 11 arrogant cunts that are good than 11 nice guys who are shit.

Ridiculous thing to say considering how good a season he has had this year whatever age he is.

Well done as well to Walter

well done to the oldies

do we know who won the young player of the year

David Goodwillie, our future star ;)

not if that thonpson has his way

he would rather he went south but with his contract up next summer david might hang around for the free transfer

But I dont want a team on gentlemen playing for us i would rather have 11 arrogant cunts that are good than 11 nice guys who are shit.

Weir isn't a nice guy. He's a dignified player who plays the game the right way and that earns him the respect of his peers, not only at Ibrox, but throughout Scotland.

Ask the team that got outplayed at Pittodrie if Weir is the pushover nice guy that you portray him as.

He's also not shit so I don't understand where that train of thought is coming from either...........

David Weir is a fantastic professional on and off the football pitch, and it's highly deserved he has won Player of the Year.

I wouldn't have any complaints if he signs a new playing deal, but if he doesn't I hope he's here as a coach.

well done to the oldies

do we know who won the young player of the year

David Goodwillie, our future star ;)

not if that thonpson has his way

he would rather he went south but with his contract up next summer david might hang around for the free transfer

Stephen Thompson is a baloon. If Dundee United get offered a decent sum of money, Goodwillie will be away, they need the money!

Weir isn't a nice guy. He's a dignified player who plays the game the right way and that earns him the respect of his peers, not only at Ibrox, but throughout Scotland.

Ask the team that got outplayed at Pittodrie if Weir is the pushover nice guy that you portray him as.

He's also not shit so I don't understand where that train of thought is coming from either...........

Im not saying he is shit what i am saying is when people say he is a gentleman not exactly a high priority quality when it comes to selecting what players we will sign.

If Weir isn't going to be playing week in week out, I'd like him to leave.

We have enough coaches as it is and the only reason Weir is still here is because we offer him first team football week in, week out.

As soon as that is taken away from him he'll go back to Liverpool and sign for a team from that region.

We have enough coaches as it is and the only reason Weir is still here is because we offer him first team football week in, week out.

As soon as that is taken away from him he'll go back to Liverpool and sign for a team from that region.

Non leauge ?

Non leauge ?

Teams like Preston, Tranmere, Stockport and a few others not far from where he lives.

Non leauge ?

Teams like Preston, Tranmere, Stockport and a few others not far from where he lives.

I dont know if preston would take him the other 2 could do alot worse.

Congrats to them both. When Weir signed I had my doubts but IMO he has turned out to be the single most important signing of Walter's second spell in charge. Commands the respect of the other players and has been exactly what we expect in a Rangers player on and off the pitch.