Well done Walter Smith and Davie Weir

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

an embarassment that weir won it fuck off, an embarassment is that robbie keane won there player of the season and hes only been there two and a half months if that disnae tell u a story then u canny be right in the fuckin heed tattie houkin bastards lol MON THE GERS :uk:

and well done Watty and Davie

Here's the full list of who won what.

Manager of the Year: Walter Smith

Player of the Year: David Weir

Young Player of the Year: David Goodwillie

Goal of the Season: Anthony Stokes vs Rangers in October

Save of the Season: Artur Boruc (no idea) <cr>

Under 19 League Player of the Year: Dale Hilson (Dundee United)

Best Club Media Relations: Motherwell

Best Community Initiative: Hibs

SPL Family Champions: St Mirren.

WALTER SMITH and Davie Weir have made it an awards double for Rangers as they scooped the Clydesdale Bank Premier League Manager and Player of the Season.

David Weir talks to Walter SmithThe Rangers boss has been recognised after guiding his side to the brink of back to back titles.

And his captain has played a pivotal role in that success, not having missed a single minute of a single SPL fixture throughout the campaign.

It is an award that Smith feels Weir richly deserves, although he believes credit for his own prize goes to his squad as a whole.

He said: "From a personal point of view it's always nice to get awards and it's a good reflection on the team. This season we have had disappointments to get over but overall the boys have played exceptionally well.

"They have had a fantastic level of consistency and so far they have only lost two games. When that happens you usually find that this brings awards whether it be for the manager or the players.

"There have been some terrific performances from other managers this season but it's always nice when you win one. The main thing is that it means that the club has been doing well and it has brought a Player of the Year award too.

"I don't think there is a more deserving case than Davie Weir. It's an excellent award for him to get. Everybody here knows that he thoroughly deserves it.

"He is respected by the dressing room, he is respected by the management team and by all the staff at Rangers. He is just one of those lads that seems to command that and gets on well with everyone.

Most importantly he has played exceptionally well for us and that led to him captaining the team at the end of last season and again this season and I must admit he has done a marvellous job in that respect."

Rangers headed the way with the two major prizes but Dundee Utd and Hibs are celebrating too after successful seasons that have seen them vying for European places.

David Goodwillie's contribution to Utd all but tying up third place has seen him edge out Danny Wilson in the Young Player of the Season hunt.

Here's the full list of who won what.

Manager of the Year: Walter Smith

Player of the Year: David Weir

Young Player of the Year: David Goodwillie

Goal of the Season: Anthony Stokes vs Rangers in October

Save of the Season: Artur Boruc (no idea) <cr>

Under 19 League Player of the Year: Dale Hilson (Dundee United)

Best Club Media Relations: Motherwell

Best Community Initiative: Hibs

SPL Family Champions: St Mirren.

I didn't think Stokes goal at Ibrox was worth goal of the season and Motherwell having the best media relations? :BELM: Jim Gannon refused to talk to any media outlet for weeks.

Well deserved though for Walter and Davie. :clap:

Agree Muff. i said earlier in another thread that i hope there is something more to this picture, meaning hopefully goodwillie comming this way.

You havent herd anything on it have you Muff ?

In theory it would be good to get Goodwillie, I think he could be a real success at our club, but, and I don't mean to put a dampner on things to get him for next season there would be a transfer fee and there will probably be a couple of million on his head, the chance to sign anyone will really depend on whether or not one of these bloody prospective investors does put an official bid in to buy the club and provide funds for the signature of some new players.

Agree Muff. i said earlier in another thread that i hope there is something more to this picture, meaning hopefully goodwillie comming this way.

I know we have had people taking in Dundee United games, along with a few other English clubs, Newcastle and Colin Caldwerwood have been up on a good few occassions.

David Goodwillie would be an ideal replacement for Kenny Miller. He's already better than what Miller was at that age, and I can only see him improving.

I know we have had people taking in Dundee United games, along with a few other English clubs, Newcastle and Colin Caldwerwood have been up on a good few occassions.

David Goodwillie would be an ideal replacement for Kenny Miller. He's already better than what Miller was at that age, and I can only see him improving.

his goal in the semi final the other week was outstanding, the compsure to drop his shoulder and take the keeper to the floor then go round him and tap it in. most senior players would have smashed that straight at the keeper. was a great goal.