Well done Walter Smith and Davie Weir

Weir fully deserves it. He's bee more consistent than Davis -- and the best defensive record as well. Davis has had a great year.. but can be inconsistent. To me, that's why Weir wins this award.. and should win the PFA award as well.

If he doesn't oh well. .it'll be another GERS player.

It's been a great year!

EDIT: Another point about David Weir. He gets a huge amount of credit as well for playing with a 17/18 year old who has not looked out of place -- because of the way Davie has led him through matches.

Now, I saw an interview with Davie where he said he doesn't talk Danny through matches.. but he's doing something right! And it's no coincidence, that Cuellar and Boogie fit in as seamlessly as they did.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well deserved for Smith but I'm disappointed that Weir got it. That's only because Steven Davis has been on a different planet to anybody else in the SPL, but congratulations to Weir, great achievement at that age.

Well deserved for Smith but I'm disappointed that Weir got it. That's only because Steven Davis has been on a different planet to anybody else in the SPL, but congratulations to Weir, great achievement at that age.

I agree about Davis - he would have been my first choice, but I'm happy for Davie as he's top class as well.

It was Giggs-esque.

I do think what big davie has achieved is unique ... it's one thing to win a championship as a 40 year old just filling in and being part of the squad but he has virtually played every game.

I do feel sorry for Steven but he still has time on his side (tu)