The Pitch at Fir Park

I watched the Highlights of Motherwell - Dundee Utd (17/4/2010) and I thought that it was one of the worst pitches i've ever seen a proffessional fixture played on

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8628753.stm (highlights, UK residents only)

It seems clear to me that having a decent pitch is good for everyone because the players will be in better condition and will keep a better condition throughout the season and through their careers and the rest of their lives. Also i think the fans will get a better game to watch.

Motherwell's neglect is really discurteous to the other teams in the league and I know money is tight but a bit of pride in the park would go a long way to making the SPL a better place for everyone. I could say the same for other grounds in the SPL and it cant always be up to the quality of a Champions League Final pitch, but im sure if they thought about it they would see that they are in the wrong even if keeping a decent pitch is a big expense for them.

As a highland league follower, every ground I've been to over the winter has been in a better condition than Fir Park, these pitches are trained on a few times a week as well and some have probably had a foot of snow and been waterlogged at times too.

As Kirkie bear says it has been a disgrace for years and years. Nothing was done when they did not have undersoil heating which was against the spl rules.The same spl, despite the history of postponments because of ground problems,allowed and encouraged the Gretna groundshare a couple of seasons ago which messed up the pitch even more. Further back Motherwell escaped relegation because Falkirk did not have a stadium which conformed with the spl rules and were not allowed to groundshare.Add the Boyle receivership and non payment of redundancy money to the players whose contracts were terminated and the reappearance of Mr Boyle as chairman it makes me wonder why Motherwell seem to be treated as a special umtouchable club.

As Kirkie bear says it has been a disgrace for years and years. Nothing was done when they did not have undersoil heating which was against the spl rules.The same spl, despite the history of postponments because of ground problems,allowed and encouraged the Gretna groundshare a couple of seasons ago which messed up the pitch even more. Further back Motherwell escaped relegation because Falkirk did not have a stadium which conformed with the spl rules and were not allowed to groundshare.Add the Boyle receivership and non payment of redundancy money to the players whose contracts were terminated and the reappearance of Mr Boyle as chairman it makes me wonder why Motherwell seem to be treated as a special umtouchable club.

They have been helped and your right if you add up then you've got to wonder why a club like Dundee was allowed to drop with all that debt if the unwritten rule here is keep all the clubs running. I suppose Dundee were able to handle it.

Was it not Aberdeen that were supposed to be relegated?