Best game you have ever been to?

TheChosenFew

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dundee UTD 0 - 3 Rangers

We hadnt won up there in a while and we needed to to clinch the title, Celtic slipped up but we went about our business the right way from the off and thumped them to lift the title. It was the perfect game... An early goal, a goal right before half time and a goal right after half time. Will never forget celebrating those goals.

Beating PSG on penalties in Paris

Got to Prestwick and Ryanair cancelled all flights, Got a lift with some partick boys from Prestwick to Dover. Boat to Callais, then train to Lille. Another Train into Paris. Fuckin Magic.

Took us 4 days to get home as a fuckin lunatic threw himself in front of the Eurostar at Lille. Partied in Lille for 2 days hh.gif

A top away trip hail.gif

One of the coldest games I have ever been to, it was fcuking baltic!

The game v Porto when we won 3-2 is a favourite of mine. The Edu old firm is a recent favourite just for what it meant and the way we won it. The game v Dundee United at the end of last season is my all time favourite though, first time I have seen us win the title live a day I will never forget and a fantastic performance from us. One of those games where I ended up dizzy and out of breath due to singing until I was literally blue in the face. We were sat in "the shed" in Tannadice it was amazing in there.

Got to Prestwick and Ryanair cancelled all flights, Got a lift with some partick boys from Prestwick to Dover. Boat to Callais, then train to Lille. Another Train into Paris. Fuckin Magic.

Took us 4 days to get home as a fuckin lunatic threw himself in front of the Eurostar at Lille. Partied in Lille for 2 days hh.gif

A top away trip hail.gif

Klos. :praise:

Some time in the 70's,not sure of the exact date,we were 2-0 down to the scum at Ibrox at half time (I think it was Tommy Burns that scored both,him or Aitken),in the second half we came back to win 3-2 (Smith,Johnstone (2) I think our scorers were,it's all a bit hazy now after about 35 years )I remember McKean and Cooper kept swapping wings and totally terrorised them.Unfortunately there was a TV blackout at the time so I've never seen it since.

PS

Just searched the net,the game was on 10/9/77 :)

details on rangers game database.teams and some info..

A top away trip hail.gif

I was there as well - was feckin freezing aye - mind seeing wee pockets of Rangers fans all around the ground

Didn't Celtic go out on pens the same night or am I going mad?

A top away trip hail.gif

I was there as well - was feckin freezing aye - mind seeing wee pockets of Rangers fans all around the ground

Didn't Celtic go out on pens the same night or am I going mad?

Valencia knocked them out on pens :praise:

Should have mentioned the 5-0 against Sturm Graz as well.. what a performance! I was really convinced we were invincible after that game. Unfortunately I think most of the team thought so too and that was ultimately our downfall.

Plenty but the one that always sticks out is when we neede to beat the sheep at Ibrox to win title.hail.gif

winning the title at parkhead, totally outclassing them, the coins, the mhuppet throwing himself off the stand, i actually saw him do it, albertz staying cool despite the mounting pressure every second before he took the penalty, neil mccann doing the the come over here behind the goal when he scored the 3rd, the celebrations in the stand at the final whistle and just the sheer adrenaline and expectation of knowing that there was going to be so many scraps after the match getting back to the city centre. i was not disappointed on that score, as my jaw has never reset fully, still clicks when i eat. is what being a bear is all about, sticking it right up they cunts!

No Surrender

Rab

Dont know what the best is but some memorable games were;

UEFA Cup Final

0-0 vs Barca, the atmosphere and the fact we got out without a draw.

CF Last year - Novos Goal changed the atmosphere of the whole day

Away Vs Osasuna - 1st European Away Game

All the games VS taigs when we win.

Ive been to the piggery twice but weve lost both times, would love to go to a game we win in.

Oh yea, and the 0-0 match vs Callander at Flesher's Haugh in May 1872, Ranger's first ever game, glad to be able to say I was there!

Id say mines would be the old firm game at parkhead in january, first time ive been to parkhead. Travelled over on the boat on my own and there was about 15 bus loads of 'them' on it, then travelled down to the game with the rangers fans from stranraer and missed the boat home after the game because the police kept the buses waiting for a while.

good day out overall tho (tu)