Rangers linked with various players...

fraser77

Goodwillie, Conway and McArthur... slow news day. Who next, Bamba, Wallace and Mulgrew?

Don't rate Conway. Decent delivery on him, that's about it.

I'd take Goodwillie, already better than what Kenny Miller was at that age, and I can only see him getting better.

James McArthur is a player I do not rate. He's had one decent game against Rangers at Ibrox and suddenly he is this top drawer player. We don't need another central midfielder, unless we are expecting bids for Steven Davis!?

We don't need 'squad' players!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect that if we get goodwillie he will do what every young player does at rangers and stop improving. When was the last time we actually nurtured a young talent? Naismith, Burke, lafferty, Adam and even fleck were all tipped for big things but have failed to impress once coming to rangers or coming inti the first team.

We have 16 senior players, 6 of them out of contract, we cannot afford big transfer fees if any.

Sadly this is the level we'll be shopping at.

Players like Goidwillie, Conway, McArthur won't come cheap!

Especially if clubs are interested in them, and it seems like there is interest in both Goodwillie and McArthur.

Goodwillie is a player I would like to see at Rangers but I certainly wouldn't push the boat out to get him.

I expect that if we get goodwillie he will do what every young player does at rangers and stop improving. When was the last time we actually nurtured a young talent? Naismith, Burke, lafferty, Adam and even fleck were all tipped for big things but have failed to impress once coming to rangers or coming inti the first team.

Deary deary me Kris Boyd, Allan Mcgregor, Allan Hutton, Danny Wilson. Just some

We have 16 senior players, 6 of them out of contract, we cannot afford big transfer fees if any.

Especially if clubs are interested in them, and it seems like there is interest in both Goodwillie and McArthur.

Goodwillie is a player I would like to see at Rangers but I certainly wouldn't push the boat out to get him.

Goodwillie is the only player id touch. Mcarthur is over rated

They may have been, but that don't mean they would have been at any club they go to. Naismith has been unlucky with injuries and never really got back into the team properly, Burke was a lazy shite at times when it came to playing for us, he could have improved if he had a better attitude and so not the fault of Rangers, same applies for Adam, Fleck still has a long time to go and still learning his trade really bad example, as for Lafferty well I don't think you can blame Rangers really for him, his attitude at times stinks and I think he's been told this on a few occasions by the management.

Goodwillie is the only player id touch. Mcarthur is over rated

I agree on all accounts.

McArthur does not impress me at all, slow poor control and cumbersome; we have enough of this type of player.

Conway is nothing special, Walter does like width and uses wide players to defend or cut inside.

Goodwillie; most times I have seen him he comes on as sub for Dundee Utd.Potential like most of our youth set up only he has been given a chance. Would he fare any better than than the others we have signed as potential fom other clubs?

He's had one decent game against Rangers at Ibrox

Hes almost single handedly dragging Hamilton up the table

I would say that accolade could be given to Neil who is a far better player but no one would suggest buying him.(maybe because he is not regarded as a bluenose)

James McArthur is a player I do not rate. He's had one decent game against Rangers at Ibrox and suddenly he is this top drawer player. We don't need another central midfielder, unless we are expecting bids for Steven Davis!?

I've been impressed with McArthur 90% of the time I've watched him, I don't think he'd be a bad move at the right price.

I just hope it's not in place of Davis.

Regardless of how good he is, you could say that central midfield is the last place we need to buy for given that there's only one space between three players alongside Mr Undroppable-regardless-of-form, aka Lee McCulloch.

Is Goodwillie an out and out striker or more of an attacking midfielder?

He should be played up top mate, hes like kenny miller, but is not afraid to go shoudler to shoulder with players, has great strength and power.

He's had one decent game against Rangers at Ibrox

Hes almost single handedly dragging Hamilton up the table

I would say that accolade could be given to Neil who is a far better player but no one would suggest buying him.(maybe because he is not regarded as a bluenose)

McArthur is a better player than Alex Neil.

I think he's limited by the players around him, a move to Rangers could really see him improve even further. However, I expect to see him at Wigan.