Rangers linked with various players...

fraser77

Don't know why people assume forign players would be any better, cheaper maybe but they bring other problems like having to settle and get used to what is a different type of football in the spl.

Any transfer talk is pie in the sky until the club is in new ownership, until then there will be no funds available at all.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodwillie yes , Conway no

I think we should use Wylde at LW , but we'll have to see what smith does ,

I can see Wylde being developed to be a left defender where he started from rather than a left winger.

I know where your coming from but if he was to play LW then we'd have him and Papac , both players can get forward but both of them can get back as well , sort of like Whittaker at RM if you get me

I know what you mean,

Sasa is now 30 and I believe may be on the final year of his contract, so to be honest don't know what the future holds for him, and I'm thinking more of building a team for the future with younger players.

I wouldn't pay more than 2 million altogether for Conway and goodwillie, not too bothered about Conway anyway although he's a better option than what we have at the moment.

I'd rather see us send some scours out into Europe n have a look at some LM's out there. Limiting ourself to the SPL isnt what we should be doing.

In saying that, rothen and lafferty were scouted and look at them lol

Goodwillie yes , Conway no

I think we should use Wylde at LW , but we'll have to see what smith does ,

I can see Wylde being developed to be a left defender where he started from rather than a left winger.

I know where your coming from but if he was to play LW then we'd have him and Papac , both players can get forward but both of them can get back as well , sort of like Whittaker at RM if you get me

I know what you mean,

Sasa is now 30 and I believe may be on the final year of his contract, so to be honest don't know what the future holds for him, and I'm thinking more of building a team for the future with younger players.

So a season at LW for Wylde under Papac's guidance then drop him into LB once/if Sasa leaves?

Then see if there are any youngsters who can step into LW or maybe sign someone like Forbes etc?

So a season at LW for Wylde under Papac's guidance then drop him into LB once/if Sasa leaves?

Then see if there are any youngsters who can step into LW or maybe sign someone like Forbes etc?

I don't think Wylde has found his niche yet in all honesty, next season would like to see him given the left back spot in the League Cup competitions and play as cover for Papac should he be injured or suspended, as I'm sure Smith is going to be leaving us so we won't really have cover there, even though Whittaker and Broadfoot have both played there.

Left wing? Possibly bring someone in if there are the finances to do it, but we could also be looking at some of our other youngsters, as you mentioned Forbes, he can play anywhere across the defence or midfield (currently), don't know if it's a case of him finding his preferred position yet either though? Even though we do seem to have an awful lot of central midfielders even at the youth level.

I'd have no problem replacing Boyd and Novo with Conway and Miller.

More young players in the squad while Nacho and Kris are looking more and more like deadwood as this season goes on.

It's a sensible move if it turns out to be true. Goodwillie might not score as many as Boyd (he may well do), but his effort, pace and all-round better game will provide more goals for others.

I love that one, good to see the old favourite making a return, its been a while :beer1:

It may well be true, but again, only if we have others who will actually put it away, and, in fairness, we never seem to. The fact that Miller is having the season of his life isnt something I can rely on at this stage. Definately not complaining about Goodwillie (apart from his name makes me chuckle!) and Conway, but, the impotece should be in finding pacy, wider players, then, we can look forward to months like December being the norm, not the exception.

If you look at the majority of Lafferty's finishes, especially his last two, then you can see that he has the ability to really finish off chances well.

With the likes of Miller and Goodwillie creating for him...

Anyway, I think that's doing Goodwillie a disservice. Some of his finishing over the last two years has been superb.

I'd have no problem replacing Boyd and Novo with Conway and Miller.

More young players in the squad while Nacho and Kris are looking more and more like deadwood as this season goes on.

It's a sensible move if it turns out to be true. Goodwillie might not score as many as Boyd (he may well do), but his effort, pace and all-round better game will provide more goals for others.

I love that one, good to see the old favourite making a return, its been a while :beer1:

It may well be true, but again, only if we have others who will actually put it away, and, in fairness, we never seem to. The fact that Miller is having the season of his life isnt something I can rely on at this stage. Definately not complaining about Goodwillie (apart from his name makes me chuckle!) and Conway, but, the impotece should be in finding pacy, wider players, then, we can look forward to months like December being the norm, not the exception.

If you look at the majority of Lafferty's finishes, especially his last two, then you can see that he has the ability to really finish off chances well.

With the likes of Miller and Goodwillie creating for him...

Anyway, I think that's doing Goodwillie a disservice. Some of his finishing over the last two years has been superb.

I agree,

Not sure of Goodwillie's stats, as he is a bit of a different player than Boyd anyway, but Boyd scored 63 goals in 153 appearances for Kilmarnock, and now playing for a better side is stuck on that 99 goal mark, having only made 141 appearances for us.

Argument is, play in a better team where other players could create goals and even Goodwillie's stats could go up, hell look at Miller's shit stats at Celtic but play him properly and he's did pretty well for us!

a was online and a came across a couple a rumours what ya think they were on clyde 1 and the scotsman newspaper

Rangers targeting Goodwillie and McArthur?

Rangers are trying to muster enough cash to launch summer bids for SPL starlets David Goodwillie (pictured) and James McArthur, the Daily Record reports. Walter Smith has identified Dundee United striker Goodwillie and Hamilton midfielder McArthur as two of his top targets.

Ellis closing in on Ibrox takeover?

Andrew Ellis, the potential new owner for Rangers, is said to be closing in on a decision whether to make a formal bid for the club, the Daily Express reports. Sources close to Ellis told the paper: "A final decision on a bid will be taken sooner rather than later."

What do use think ?

a was online and a came across a couple a rumours what ya think they were on clyde 1 and the scotsman newspaper

Rangers targeting Goodwillie and McArthur?

Rangers are trying to muster enough cash to launch summer bids for SPL starlets David Goodwillie (pictured) and James McArthur, the Daily Record reports. Walter Smith has identified Dundee United striker Goodwillie and Hamilton midfielder McArthur as two of his top targets.

Ellis closing in on Ibrox takeover?

Andrew Ellis, the potential new owner for Rangers, is said to be closing in on a decision whether to make a formal bid for the club, the Daily Express reports. Sources close to Ellis told the paper: "A final decision on a bid will be taken sooner rather than later."

What do use think ?

the first 1 could happen (tu)

The second one well, we were told by Ellis and his people that he would have the deal done in 3 week that was 5 week ago so I dont no about this 1 (tu)

He's had one decent game against Rangers at Ibrox

Hes almost single handedly dragging Hamilton up the table

I think Cerny, Mensing, Neil, Paixao, Wesolowski, Curier... would have something to say about that.

James McArthur is that good, yet he's not won a single Player or Young player of the Month award.

TBH, I wouldn't be suprised to see us sign McArthur, either as a replacement for Davis, or to fit somewhere into that midfield.

Davis, Thomson, Edu and I would say McCulloch aswell, are all better options than James McArthur. But hey, he's a good Bluenose and all that ;)

goodwillie in paper today saying how he wants to beat celtic on saturday to hand gers the title and try to pip them into second...

if his goals manage to beat celtic to second place, i reckon walter sound sign him, just for the banter if nothinjg else!!!

The player I'd most like us to sign from Hamilton is Cerny. He's a fabalous keeper

waste of money - don't need a keeper, got, arguabley, two of the top 10 keepers in Britain on the books

Not if one of them leave in the summer, which could may well happen.

I'd rather have Cerny than Tuffey, although Tuffey is the cheap option, should we need a keeper!?

The player I'd most like us to sign from Hamilton is Cerny. He's a fabalous keeper

waste of money - don't need a keeper, got, arguabley, two of the top 10 keepers in Britain on the books

Wouldn't be a waste of money if one of them was to leave..

Ah it's good to see us linked with some players, it must be season ticket renewal time. :sherlock:

Although I wouldn't be against signing Goodwillie, I think the media have been snooping around here and other forums and adding two and two together.

A lot of things are still to be resolved before we start signing players.

Do you honestly think we'll still have Alexander playing 2nd fiddle to McGregor next season?

One of the two will leave at the end of this season, Cerny would be a good replacement.

Not if one of them leave in the summer, which could may well happen.

I'd rather have Cerny than Tuffey, although Tuffey is the cheap option, should we need a keeper!?

Yep on both accounts, but one problem is if it were to be Cerny would he be happy being second to Alexander? Even though Tuffey probably wouldn't want to be either he at least would understand that initially he would be second.