Rangers linked with various players...

fraser77

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah it's good to see us linked with some players, it must be season ticket renewal time. :sherlock:

Although I wouldn't be against signing Goodwillie, I think the media have been snooping around here and other forums and adding two and two together.

A lot of things are still to be resolved before we start signing players.

We've had people take in Dundee United games in recent weeks, so there could be something in this. I wouldn't be suprised if we were interested in Craig Conway. A cheaper option who is right footed, right sided, yet get's played out on the left quite a bit.

His best position is on the right wing, unless Dundee United are playing Rangers, where they play him left, so he can tear Steven Whittaker a new one all game.

Lacks the pace we require, although he has a decent delivery.

The only player I would take from that list would be David Goodwillie, a probable replacement for Novo.

McCarthur and Conway are not good enough and would probably fins themseleves sitting on the bench most weeks. We will be going into next season with 4 CM, providing no one is sold, so we do not need another one to sit on the bench.

A RB and LB is what we should be looking at.

The only player I would take from that list would be David Goodwillie, a probable replacement for Novo.

McCarthur and Conway are not good enough and would probably fins themseleves sitting on the bench most weeks. We will be going into next season with 4 CM, providing no one is sold, so we do not need another one to sit on the bench.

A RB and LB is what we should be looking at.

I agree that we do need both a right and left back, but we also require a right and left sided midfielder. This playing a central midfielder on the right is no use, and having a different player out on the left most weeks is ridiculous.

We need a bit of pace, creativity and quality brought in, for the wide areas.

The player I'd most like us to sign from Hamilton is Cerny. He's a fabalous keeper

waste of money - don't need a keeper, got, arguabley, two of the top 10 keepers in Britain on the books

Do you honestly think we'll still have Alexander playing 2nd fiddle to McGregor next season?

One of the two will leave at the end of this season, Cerny would be a good replacement.

supose your right, i think Alexander must be mental for staying around this long to be honest

Ah it's good to see us linked with some players, it must be season ticket renewal time. :sherlock:

Although I wouldn't be against signing Goodwillie, I think the media have been snooping around here and other forums and adding two and two together.

A lot of things are still to be resolved before we start signing players.

We've had people take in Dundee United games in recent weeks, so there could be something in this. I wouldn't be suprised if we were interested in Craig Conway. A cheaper option who is right footed, right sided, yet get's played out on the left quite a bit.

His best position is on the right wing, unless Dundee United are playing Rangers, where they play him left, so he can tear Steven Whittaker a new one all game.

Lacks the pace we require, although he has a decent delivery.

We have people take in a few SPL games, during the season. Doesn't mean we are are looking to splash out on someone.

This just appears to me as... A slow news day during season ticket renewal time, and the media looking on a few forums for some inspiration.

At this moment in time, we cant afford either Goodwillie or Conway transfer fee. If we have near the £4million mark in our current situation to spent on players... I'll be shocked.

The player I'd most like us to sign from Hamilton is Cerny. He's a fabalous keeper

waste of money - don't need a keeper, got, arguabley, two of the top 10 keepers in Britain on the books

Cerny is as good, and has the potential to be, better than both of them.

I rate him so highly it's unreal.

Do you honestly think we'll still have Alexander playing 2nd fiddle to McGregor next season?

One of the two will leave at the end of this season, Cerny would be a good replacement.

supose your right, i think Alexander must be mental for staying around this long to be honest

I think he would be happy to get the wages and the medals here although not playing many games rather than having no success and less wages at a mid to low table championship side or a lower league side.

Hands off our striker

Dundee United today told Rangers — you can’t afford David Goodwillie (writes Tom Duthie).

Word from the west is the Ibrox men would like to add the Clydesdale Bank Young Player of the Year to their squad for next season.

But, given the current much-publicised financial climate at Ibrox, the chances of the Under-21 international heading for Govan this summer are zero.

Tannadice chairman Stephen Thompson made that clear when he reacted to the news and the fact it had been suggested Goodwillie could be sold for as little as £750,000.

“We have had absolutely no contact from Rangers about David Goodwillie or any other player, that’s the first thing I would say,” he said.

“Regarding the money being talked about, any club bidding that amount would be wasting their time, because it would take a lot more than that to make us give a bid serious consideration.

“If that is all someone could offer they should not bother, though I would stress the player is on a long-term contract and our wish is to keep him at Dundee United.”

While United are aware the striker has his admirers at Rangers, the lack of cash there has left them bemused by this transfer talk.

For two seasons now, Walter Smith has been unable to sign first-team players and, with a debt of almost £30 million, there has been no indication that situation is about to change.

And while, like every club, United are also battling harsh economic conditions, finishing third in the SPL and reaching the Scottish Cup Final means there is no need for a fire sale.

That means any offers for top Tangerine stars will have to run well into seven figures before any business is done.

And if Rangers could fork out £3 million for Kyle Lafferty just two years ago, some may argue Goodwillie is worth a lot more.

Dundee Local Paper - http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/output/2010/04/21/story14919984t0.shtm

Sorry If Repost :)

Well he's hardly gonna come out and tell the DU fans, "Oh yeah he's on his way guys!" All chairmen at wee clubs issue "hands off" warnings to bigger clubs and we all know 9 times out of 10 they end up moving. Bottom line is if Goodwillie wants to go then he will, DU can control where he goes I suppose.

Time wee pricks like Thompson and the rag tag clubs realise the days of Rangers paying 2-3m for 'potential' are gone.

750k + future add ons e.g International Appearances etc will be our way forward, assuming some funds can be accrued