Gers after Jim O'Brien

fraser77

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2942662/Gers-want-Jim-he-wants-Scotland.html

RANGERS are tracking former Celtic winger Jim O'Brien.

And the Motherwell star is also in line for a Scotland call after turning his back on the Republic of Ireland.

SunSport understands Gers have been extremely impressed by the 22-year-old's progress since he left Parkhead, where he worked with Gers coach Kenny McDowall, two years ago.

Ibrox boss Walter Smith and No2 Ally McCoist are also big admirers of the former Irish Under-21 star, who is out of contract in the summer.

It's understood his name has been discussed by the Gers management as they plot a likely title defence.

O'Brien could arrive at Ibrox on a Bosman free and wouldn't demand huge wages.

But Rangers are delaying an official approach until they discover whether or not the club is sold.

O'Brien is on the radar with USA winger DaMarcus Beasley likely to leave when his deal ends this summer. Nacho Novo has also to pen a new contract.

Meanwhile, O'Brien has said he will commit his international future to Scotland as he is keen to work again with boss Craig Levein after a loan spell under him at Dundee United.

O'Brien told SunSport: "It's something I looked into and had a long think about.

"I have decided to make myself available for selection for Scotland in future.

"A chance came up to play for Ireland and I wanted to do that for my grandfather.

"But your situation changes and with Craig getting the job I wanted to work with him again.

"I grew up watching Craig Brown take Scotland to the World Cup Finals and if the chance comes along to win Scotland caps it would be great."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2942662/Gers-want-Jim-he-wants-Scotland.html#ixzz0lmZcqs4l

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have a whole team of ex-Celtic scum, Walter?

If they win us 3IAR then ad happy take them as for o'brein ad take

him hes.a good winger what we have been cryin out for some one who beats a player gets the the byline and gets a good cross in and he's alot better at doin that than beasly novo laffery naismith

him hes.a good winger what we have been cryin out for some one who beats a player gets the the byline and gets a good cross in and he's alot better at doin that than beasly novo laffery naismith

Good for you, Liam!

Good for you, Liam!

"I have decided to make myself available for selection for Scotland in future.

"A chance came up to play for Ireland and I wanted to do that for my grandfather.

"But your situation changes and with Craig getting the job I wanted to work with him again."

These plastic-paddy fuckers couldn't spell 'loyalty'