First SPL Title Was Beautiful, A Second Is Unbelieveable : Bougherra

Stu1993

MADJID BOUGHERRA is confident he's overcome his injury problems just in time to help Rangers land what he described as an "unbelieveable" second successive SPL title.

The Algerian returned after a lengthy spell on the sidelines with a hamstring problem for the goalless draw against Dundee United at Tannadice, before facing Hearts last weekend.

The win over the Jambos means the Scottish champions will retain their crown with another victory over Hibernian on Sunday - or even without kicking a ball if Celtic fail to beat Dundee United earlier in the day.

As far as Bougherra is concerned, his return has come at the right time.

He said: "I am ready for the title run-in. Not 100 per cent maximum fitness, but improving every day.

"The Hearts game was difficult but I tried to push myself and do the best for the team. It's good to be back.

"I think now we can win at Easter Road. We don't know what will happen in the Celtic game beforehand, a draw or a loss for them and we could be champions before the match.

"But I'm very happy to be back in the team for this crucial game and I am confident we can make everything certain on Sunday.

"The first time I won the league was very beautiful. But to have two championships in a row is unbelievable.

"I have several personal trophies at home but to win honours as a team is the best feeling.

"It's a pleasure to be able to achieve this with Rangers."

Despite missing large chunks of the season, Bougherra insists this will still be one of his most memorable campaigns for all the right reasons.

He told Rangers News: "We're going to win the league, plus I played in the African Cup and think my performances were good there and I also have a World Cup to look forward to so this is a very memorable season.

"I had the first injury in October with my knee problem and the second one was my hamstring which kept me out nearly six weeks.

"It was disappointing but I know why it happened - for the last four years I've played constantly, almost without holidays in the summer so I think it was normal for my body to need a break.

"I play every game at 100 per cent and when I'm only half fit something has to give. That's what happened this year, but now I feel great."

Well OC Promised me he will be here next year so if hes not here next year there will be trouble :ph34r::angry:

Yeah I saw that too and a part of me believes it but I don't want to build myself up for dissapointment. Should he leave I'm sure Walter will find a suitable replacement. I remember ranting on about how Cuellar would never be replaced!

I know players always say the want to test themselves at the highest level, but it truly baffles me why somebody like Bougherra would want to go South.

He's got the opportunity to play in front of one of Britains biggest home attendances every other week, in front of fans who treat him like a hero. He has European football with us, he'll continue to win medals, trophies & honours, make decent enough money & his international prospects aren't going to be under threat.

As a whole package I fail to see how testing yourself against better players & earning a better wage at a club who's objectives are normally mid table safety or avoid relegation can compete with that.

Maybe that's just me having blue tinted specs but that's truly what I believe.

I know players always say the want to test themselves at the highest level, but it truly baffles me why somebody like Bougherra would want to go South.

He's got the opportunity to play in front of one of Britains biggest home attendances every other week, in front of fans who treat him like a hero. He has European football with us, he'll continue to win medals, trophies & honours, make decent enough money & his international prospects aren't going to be under threat.

As a whole package I fail to see how testing yourself against better players & earning a better wage at a club who's objectives are normally mid table safety or avoid relegation can compete with that.

This is all very true but there's no denying most players, that aren't blue noses to be fair, will place a higher emphasis on the increased wage moving down south would give rather than the security and legendary status you get at Ibrox. I do wish more quality players would come to top tier Scottish football rather than mid to low tier English leage football.

Bougherra, Davis and McCulloch are the most important players in our team. In my eyes all other players are replaceable.

:wink: hahaha

? I am serious. They are the only players I would be really gutted at if they left.

This is all very true but there's no denying most players, that aren't blue noses to be fair, will place a higher emphasis on the increased wage moving down south would give rather than the security and legendary status you get at Ibrox. I do wish more quality players would come to top tier Scottish football rather than mid to low tier English leage football.

Madjid Bougherra would only be going to England to top up his pay packet, and play at a higher level, because he isn't going to win a move to a trophy challenging Premiership side!

Sadly, there are too many footballers these day's who are interested in the money, and playing in the majorly overrated, English Premiership.

Bougherra, Davis and McCulloch are the most important players in our team. In my eyes all other players are replaceable.

? I am serious. They are the only players I would be really gutted at if they left.

No, look closer, i added in another un-sellable player :ph34r:

No, look closer, i added in another un-sellable player :ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol: Sorry mate I didn't notice. That is one player I really hope isn't here next season. He will be though.

A thing we have in our favour, he has ALREADY played down south, so if an offer came from the EPL, I wouldn't be too worried. I'd be much more worried if one came from La Liga or Ligue 1.