FORGET BOSTON NOW RANGERS !

BLUEDIGNITY

look at the comments below.

I know dont think this guy has a clue.

bigjim7uk wrote:

Why would there be crowd trouble? I was at a Perth Glory game in Australia and thousands of Celtic and Rangers supporters were standing side by side at the game and all went to the same pub after the game for a drink without a hint of trouble. This is mainly a west of Scotland problem.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on earth does it have to be boston? Can no-one else see what is going on here? It's plastic paddy central in Boston. FFS noraid were founded there,you know? Those guys that used to go around collecting money for the IRA, telling people "just 10 cents folks, 10 cents and you could kill a british soldier." These plastics are imo 10x worse for bigotry than their counterparts in Scotland. The media will be biased towards Celtic, who will gain loads from this game, as all the Irish immigrants will come out in support for them. We will gain nothing from this game, and imo it would be a PR disaster for us. We should be nowhere near it.

I want us to go to places like the US/Canada/Australlia and that more often but this isn't exactly what I had in mind.....

I think people are overrating this plastic Irish thing. This is going to be after the WC, and don't forget WE are the ones that have 2 established US internationals. And if this thing is covered on ESPN or FSC (which I bet it will), it's hardly going to be a Celtic love fest.

Why on earth does it have to be boston? Can no-one else see what is going on here? It's plastic paddy central in Boston. FFS noraid were founded there,you know? Those guys that used to go around collecting money for the IRA, telling people "just 10 cents folks, 10 cents and you could kill a british soldier." These plastics are imo 10x worse for bigotry than their counterparts in Scotland. The media will be biased towards Celtic, who will gain loads from this game, as all the Irish immigrants will come out in support for them. We will gain nothing from this game, and imo it would be a PR disaster for us. We should be nowhere near it.

I want us to go to places like the US/Canada/Australlia and that more often but this isn't exactly what I had in mind.....

I think people are overrating this plastic Irish thing. This is going to be after the WC, and don't forget WE are the ones that have 2 established US internationals. And if this thing is covered on ESPN or FSC (which I bet it will), it's hardly going to be a Celtic love fest.

I was thinking more of the local media in Boston/NE. Also the crowd in the stadium will hardly equal, given the location of the game..... Seems to me as if celtic are calling the shots with this one. Everything about it favours them. I do understand how great it is for our NA based fans to get to see the team over there, but in this case I've got to say, I smell shiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.

I'm normally all for Rangers playing in other Countries ( Australia preferably ) to let the O/S bears see the team, though in this instance I'm dead against it for several reasons.

1: A 'Friendly againt C*ltic' ???? Aye! that will be the fucking day.All of a sudden we are all pally wally with Dr. Dossier and Lie-well who have been insinuating we have been aided by corrupt and biased refereeing all season.

2:Who suggested this in the 1st place and who is making money out of this and where exactly is the profit going to?.

3:Boston....For fuck sake. Why don't we just play it outside the Vatican and be done with it.

4: They are talking of a crowd of 70,000 - 75,000 at this game. What will be the security criteria regards segregation of fans? and the fair & equal allocation of tickets so that this game won't be a mirror of a game at the piggery?

5:Go read the spin of the GFITW on their KDS forum about this and it would make you fucking dry boak.

I'm normally a pretty open and fair minded supporter about all sorts of scenarios and events regarding our great Club but this does my head in at what to me is a disgusting idea that flies in the face of everything our club prides itself in.

I'm not saying that almost 2 million Catholics equate to 2 million Ra Shellic fans, but they don't have a team called the Boston Celtics for nothing IMO.

Cathedral of the Holy Cross in Boston

Basic information Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States Territory Counties of Essex, Middlesex, Suffolk, Norfolk, and Plymouth (the towns of Mattapoisett, Marion, and Wareham excepted)

Population 1,845,758 Catholics

Rite Roman Rite Patron Saint Patrick

Great reply, and that's exactly what it gives me ! 00000042.gif10310.gif

Here's some other facts for you:

ProtestantsSurveys in the 1990s reveal that most Americans claiming Irish origin are Protestant. The Scotch-Irish who settled in the back country of colonial America were largely Presbyterians. The establishment of many settlements in the remote back-country put a strain on the ability of the Presbyterian Church to meet the new demand for qualified, college-educated clergy. Religious groups such as the Baptists and Methodists had no higher education requirement for their clergy to be ordained, and these groups readily provided ministers to meet the demand of the growing Scotch-Irish settlements.[36] By about 1810, Baptist and Methodist churches were in the majority, and the descendants of the Scotch-Irish today remain predominantly Baptist or Methodist.[37] They were avid participants in the revivals taking place during the Great Awakening from the 1740s to the 1840s. They take pride in their Irish heritage not because they are attached to the place called Ireland but because they identify with the values ascribed to the Scotch-Irish who played a major role in the American Revolution and in the development of American culture.[38] The strongly held religious beliefs of the Scotch-Irish led to the emergence of the Bible Belt, where evangelical Protestantism continues to play a large role today

According to census data released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in 2004, Irish Australians are, by religion, 46.2% Roman Catholic, 15.3% Anglican, 13.5% other Christian denomination, 3.6% other religions, and 21.5% as "No Religion".

The high percentage of Catholics is largely the result of descendants of Irish immigrants.

Yeah but that just adds to the problem since alot of those protestant Irish-Americans are ignorant of their roots and have bought in to the whole plastic paddy mentality as well. They also dont have a sense of community like the tims, since they spread out over a much wider area, and over the years have assimilated into the american community. So they would consider themselves to be american as opposed to Irish. Trying to win them over as a community would be futile imo.

What is the club moto "NO SURRENDER" seems like you folks want the club to do just that and bow down to the Irish population of Boston. As for some of the other comments I think it's a bit much to talk about the hub of the IRA when you quite happily trot off to the peadodome and spend money there. I would rather we played other teams but if that's all the chance I get this year to go to a game well so be it. You guys don't need to come if you are that offended. Tell you what I won't go if you all take up a collection and fly me and the other North American Bears to the next Of game at Ibrox. WATP!

I'm normally all for Rangers playing in other Countries ( Australia preferably ) to let the O/S bears see the team, though in this instance I'm dead against it for several reasons.

1: A 'Friendly againt C*ltic' ???? Aye! that will be the fucking day.All of a sudden we are all pally wally with Dr. Dossier and Lie-well who have been insinuating we have been aided by corrupt and biased refereeing all season.

2:Who suggested this in the 1st place and who is making money out of this and where exactly is the profit going to?.

3:Boston....For fuck sake. Why don't we just play it outside the Vatican and be done with it.

4: They are talking of a crowd of 70,000 - 75,000 at this game. What will be the security criteria regards segregation of fans? and the fair & equal allocation of tickets so that this game won't be a mirror of a game at the piggery?

5:Go read the spin of the GFITW on their KDS forum about this and it would make you fucking dry boak.

I'm normally a pretty open and fair minded supporter about all sorts of scenarios and events regarding our great Club but this does my head in at what to me is a disgusting idea that flies in the face of everything our club prides itself in.

I'm not saying that almost 2 million Catholics equate to 2 million Ra Shellic fans, but they don't have a team called the Boston Celtics for nothing IMO.

Basic information Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States Territory Counties of Essex, Middlesex, Suffolk, Norfolk, and Plymouth (the towns of Mattapoisett, Marion, and Wareham excepted)

ProtestantsSurveys in the 1990s reveal that most Americans claiming Irish origin are Protestant. The Scotch-Irish who settled in the back country of colonial America were largely Presbyterians. The establishment of many settlements in the remote back-country put a strain on the ability of the Presbyterian Church to meet the new demand for qualified, college-educated clergy. Religious groups such as the Baptists and Methodists had no higher education requirement for their clergy to be ordained, and these groups readily provided ministers to meet the demand of the growing Scotch-Irish settlements.[36] By about 1810, Baptist and Methodist churches were in the majority, and the descendants of the Scotch-Irish today remain predominantly Baptist or Methodist.[37] They were avid participants in the revivals taking place during the Great Awakening from the 1740s to the 1840s. They take pride in their Irish heritage not because they are attached to the place called Ireland but because they identify with the values ascribed to the Scotch-Irish who played a major role in the American Revolution and in the development of American culture.[38] The strongly held religious beliefs of the Scotch-Irish led to the emergence of the Bible Belt, where evangelical Protestantism continues to play a large role today

According to census data released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in 2004, Irish Australians are, by religion, 46.2% Roman Catholic, 15.3% Anglican, 13.5% other Christian denomination, 3.6% other religions, and 21.5% as "No Religion".

The high percentage of Catholics is largely the result of descendants of Irish immigrants.

Yeah but that just adds to the problem since alot of those protestant Irish-Americans are ignorant of their roots and have bought in to the whole plastic paddy mentality as well. They also dont have a sense of community like the tims, since they spread out over a much wider area, and over the years have assimilated into the american community. So they would consider themselves to be american as opposed to Irish. Trying to win them over as a community would be futile imo.

What is the club moto "NO SURRENDER" seems like you folks want the club to do just that and bow down to the Irish population of Boston. As for some of the other comments I think it's a bit much to talk about the hub of the IRA when you quite happily trot off to the peadodome and spend money there. I would rather we played other teams but if that's all the chance I get this year to go to a game well so be it. You guys don't need to come if you are that offended. Tell you what I won't go if you all take up a collection and fly me and the other North American Bears to the next Of game at Ibrox. WATP!

Actually our club motto is "Aye, ready" ;) But I take your point. I would counter you're other point by asking would you be so happy to play a "friendly" in Dublin or Cork? I understand its great for you to get to see the gers in you're own backyard, its something we dont do enough of, but come on surely its obvious that we are a bit hadnicapped here with this friendly in a Celtic stronghold of Boston?

I am with you on all of this brother, though isnt the club motto, "Aye Ready?"

I couldnt care less if the game was played at one of the cathedrals in Boston and you had to wear a Cardinals robe to get in. This will be the only chance I get to go to a game in a very long time, and I will be taking it.

As you said, if you dont like it, dont go. I am sure there will be many thousands of bears who will go and I will be one of them

Actually our club motto is "Aye, ready" ;) But I take your point. I would counter you're other point by asking would you be so happy to play a "friendly" in Dublin or Cork? I understand its great for you to get to see the gers in you're own backyard, its something we dont do enough of, but come on surely its obvious that we are a bit hadnicapped here with this friendly in a Celtic stronghold of Boston?

What are the words to Follow Follow again? " if they go to.....?

Rangers can take this idea to fuck. Why would our club EVER be comfortable with whoring ourselves out to Americans by having to share the same pitch as that mob in a friendly?

Bad enough that Danny Wilson was injured this week playing a "friendly" against them.

We are Rangers, they are Celtic. Fuck the Old Firm tag and using it as an excuse to make money.

Actually our club motto is "Aye, ready" wink.gif But I take your point. I would counter you're other point by asking would you be so happy to play a "friendly" in Dublin or Cork? I understand its great for you to get to see the gers in you're own backyard, its something we dont do enough of, but come on surely its obvious that we are a bit hadnicapped here with this friendly in a Celtic stronghold of Boston?

What are the words to Follow Follow again? " if they go to.....?

smiley-gen014.gif Yes seems like we need to change the words to this song.

@CB are you scared we will lose if they have better support? If you want to split hairs the Moto is just "Ready" I think they droped the "Aye"

Rangers can take this idea to fuck. Why would our club EVER be comfortable with whoring ourselves out to Americans by having to share the same pitch as that mob in a friendly?

Bad enough that Danny Wilson was injured this week playing a "friendly" against them.

We are Rangers, they are Celtic. Fuck the Old Firm tag and using it as an excuse to make money.

Well I take it you wont be coming. Excellent, more room for me and my mates!

Well you are entitled to your opinion, luckily I have seen the Rangers win a title in Europe. If you are happy to see the greatest club in the world just win domestic titles then so be it. I personally would like to see them do well in Europe next season and the financial state of the club at present does not bode well.

Well you are entitled to your opinion, luckily I have seen the Rangers win a title in Europe. If you are happy to see the greatest club in the world just win domestic titles then so be it. I personally would like to see them do well in Europe next season and the financial state of the club at present does not bode well.

Are you having a laugh? You must be.

Playing a meaningless friendly against those terrorist-loving, paedo bastards is going to suddenly win us the European Cup? Fuck me, i thought i'd heard it all.

@CB are you scared we will lose if they have better support? If you want to split hairs the Moto is just "Ready" I think they droped the "Aye"

No. Im not actually scared but I just reckon that in terms of marketing/exposure/publicity (which is what the game is really for lets face it) etc they will have everything to their advantage and get a lot more from it than us. Also the boston media is sure to try and paint us as the bad guys while Celtic will be portrayed as whiter than white. That's all im worried about really. Perhaps Im over reacting.

I've always said I'd like us to play a game at Gillette stadium, as I have friends and family in NE so have been to the area a few times before (You might have noticed the patriots bar in my sig for example). I always said I would come over as well if we played a friendly over there, which is a tad ironic really in terms of what I've posted in here haha.

So you just go and enjoy the game and we dont have to say anymore about it 00000042.gif

Are you having a laugh? You must be.

Playing a meaningless friendly against those terrorist-loving, paedo bastards is going to suddenly win us the European Cup? Fuck me, i thought i'd heard it all.

Not one game specifically but getting a higher profile in the USA and the rest of the world. At one time I could go into a sports shop here and buy Rangers gear now you can't. You know that is the point I am making you are not a stupid kid. Fact is they are better at promoting themselves around the world than we are.

FFS!

cstamomusa nobody is against Rangers getting a higher profile in the USA!

We object to playing the sporting wing of the ira at NORAID Central.

It's just this game people are objecting to, not the idea of going to the USA and promoting ourselves.

I reckon it will be our Chairmans idea to do this. He has his contacts in America

If it happened i think Rangers fans would flock from around the States to be at the game and would be a good atmosphere, i just hope the tickets are evenly distributed to fans and it doesnt turn out to be a Timmy home fixture