FORGET BOSTON NOW RANGERS !

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the worst idea's iv'e ever had

Get off your high horse there, there are thousands of bears over here who will be there - youve got your season, let us have one game - to me this is less about money and more about the fans over here

Get off your high horse there, there are thousands of bears over here who will be there - youve got your season, let us have one game - to me this is less about money and more about the fans over here

What about our one game?

Imo would be more worth while coming here and playing Linfield again.

What about our one game?

Imo would be more worth while coming here and playing Linfield again.

You can have your one game too, youve had it often enough in the past and even so, theprice of a ferry over to ibrox on a weekend hardly compares to the extortion that is a return air ticket home

I don't want to be like Man Utd etc...

Loads of americans in the support :anguish:

hat about the thousands of expat scots over here?

That would mean they are not american.

Yes, exactly - there are thousands of Scottish/American/English/Canadian Bears over here who will flock to Boston to see this game. it is only right that Rangers reward them with this fixture. Personally, I hope someone puts up a trophy and we play each other for it every year

I'm normally all for Rangers playing in other Countries ( Australia preferably ) to let the O/S bears see the team, though in this instance I'm dead against it for several reasons.

1: A 'Friendly againt C*ltic' ???? Aye! that will be the fucking day.All of a sudden we are all pally wally with Dr. Dossier and Lie-well who have been insinuating we have been aided by corrupt and biased refereeing all season.

2:Who suggested this in the 1st place and who is making money out of this and where exactly is the profit going to?.

3:Boston....For fuck sake. Why don't we just play it outside the Vatican and be done with it.

4: They are talking of a crowd of 70,000 - 75,000 at this game. What will be the security criteria regards segregation of fans? and the fair & equal allocation of tickets so that this game won't be a mirror of a game at the piggery?

5:Go read the spin of the GFITW on their KDS forum about this and it would make you fucking dry boak.

I'm normally a pretty open and fair minded supporter about all sorts of scenarios and events regarding our great Club but this does my head in at what to me is a disgusting idea that flies in the face of everything our club prides itself in.

I'm not saying that almost 2 million Catholics equate to 2 million Ra Shellic fans, but they don't have a team called the Boston Celtics for nothing IMO.

Cathedral of the Holy Cross in Boston

Basic information Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States Territory Counties of Essex, Middlesex, Suffolk, Norfolk, and Plymouth (the towns of Mattapoisett, Marion, and Wareham excepted)

Population 1,845,758 Catholics

Rite Roman Rite Patron Saint Patrick

Great reply, and that's exactly what it gives me ! 00000042.gif10310.gif

Here's some other facts for you:

ProtestantsSurveys in the 1990s reveal that most Americans claiming Irish origin are Protestant. The Scotch-Irish who settled in the back country of colonial America were largely Presbyterians. The establishment of many settlements in the remote back-country put a strain on the ability of the Presbyterian Church to meet the new demand for qualified, college-educated clergy. Religious groups such as the Baptists and Methodists had no higher education requirement for their clergy to be ordained, and these groups readily provided ministers to meet the demand of the growing Scotch-Irish settlements.[36] By about 1810, Baptist and Methodist churches were in the majority, and the descendants of the Scotch-Irish today remain predominantly Baptist or Methodist.[37] They were avid participants in the revivals taking place during the Great Awakening from the 1740s to the 1840s. They take pride in their Irish heritage not because they are attached to the place called Ireland but because they identify with the values ascribed to the Scotch-Irish who played a major role in the American Revolution and in the development of American culture.[38] The strongly held religious beliefs of the Scotch-Irish led to the emergence of the Bible Belt, where evangelical Protestantism continues to play a large role today

According to census data released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in 2004, Irish Australians are, by religion, 46.2% Roman Catholic, 15.3% Anglican, 13.5% other Christian denomination, 3.6% other religions, and 21.5% as "No Religion".

The high percentage of Catholics is largely the result of descendants of Irish immigrants.

Yeah but that just adds to the problem since alot of those protestant Irish-Americans are ignorant of their roots and have bought in to the whole plastic paddy mentality as well. They also dont have a sense of community like the tims, since they spread out over a much wider area, and over the years have assimilated into the american community. So they would consider themselves to be american as opposed to Irish. Trying to win them over as a community would be futile imo.

What is the club moto "NO SURRENDER" seems like you folks want the club to do just that and bow down to the Irish population of Boston. As for some of the other comments I think it's a bit much to talk about the hub of the IRA when you quite happily trot off to the peadodome and spend money there. I would rather we played other teams but if that's all the chance I get this year to go to a game well so be it. You guys don't need to come if you are that offended. Tell you what I won't go if you all take up a collection and fly me and the other North American Bears to the next Of game at Ibrox. WATP!

Hold on a minute here csta. Nowt against you but things have to be said.

Associating us in a pre season game for a start just makes it seem like both clubs are together - are we fuck. We are The Rangers and they are dirty Irish loving fucks. We are perfectably capable of playing friendlies in the USA without those fuckers being involved.

Bow down to the Irish -never in a million years. I'd happily take a provvy (not provo) loan out just to go over and stand up to the cunts if need be. Boston is widely known here as being a F*nian heartland and I would do everything I could to make sure The Rangers had adequate support over there. Hopefully the "friendly" will not take place and that will not be necessary.

"happily trot off to the paedodome" - I think not. We go there to support and defend The Rangers in enemy territory, back the team and each other.

"offended" - I'll tell you what offends me and a lot of other Bears. Being mentioned in the same fuckin sentence as them. Raising a few bucks by playing them in the USofA, fuck that. We will play them where and when it matters, competitive games here, not some fuckin Disney like scenario where the money men whoop it up. Fuck that, gies us against them and The Billy Boys to the fore!

As for collections - I have been in a few rammies in Leith pubs where I have witnessed collections taking place. I have no desire to go to Boston and behave in the same manner I did in Leith. For a start, the cops have guns there. Over here, you just have to watch your back.

Bottom line is we are not "friendly" towards each other, We Are The People and they are not. Fuck them and any "friendly".

As I said at the start of this rant csta, nothing against you. This whole "friendly" thing is not right imo.

Best wishes from an Old School Billy Boy. ;)

Yes, exactly - there are thousands of Scottish/American/English/Canadian Bears over here who will flock to Boston to see this game. it is only right that Rangers reward them with this fixture. Personally, I hope someone puts up a trophy and we play each other for it every year

Now if your finished, back to my original point?

I don't want loads of Americans/foreigners in our support every week like your Manchester United's etc...

We should never be playing them scumbags in a "friendly", it annoys me even thinking about it.

I'm not even going to comment on that friendly cup idea.

I'll gie ye a trophy - my size 11 right up yer chorus and verse. Every year, ffs. doh

"offended" - I'll tell you what offends me and a lot of other Bears. Being mentioned in the same fuckin sentence as them. Raising a few bucks by playing them in the USofA, fuck that. We will play them where and when it matters, competitive games here, not some fuckin Disney like scenario where the money men whoop it up. Fuck that, gies us against them and The Billy Boys to the fore!

(tu)

Why would you not? <cr> <cr>

I don't mean I wouldn't want to be like Man Utd success wise, everyone wants that.

What I meant was I don't want Ibrox filled with foreign day trippers that have no idea of the history of the club, every other week.

Loads of americans in the support anguish.gif

doh Don't we already play them for 3 trophies every year?

(tu)

That's the wife on the way home now. Time for a coffee and kid on I've smoked less than I have. :uk:

See ya in about an hour ish.

:rolleyes:

Am I supposed to apoligise for that comment?

No, I just think it's a strange viewpoint

It doesn't read the same way I heard it in my head. :lol:

It's hard to explain what I mean, it's not that I don't want Americans supporting the club.

I just don't want these fans you often see at United games, with all the merchandise bought and taking photo's at every oppertunity.

They don't really support the club they are just there for the day out.

To get back to the original point of this thread though.

I have no problems with us playing an american team in america but I will never be ok with us playing a "friendly" against cltic.

It's hard to explain what I mean, it's not that I don't want Americans supporting the club.

I just don't want these fans you often see at United games, with all the merchandise bought and taking photo's at every oppertunity.

I have no problems with us playing an american team in america but I will never be ok with us playing a "friendly" against them.

I understand what you mean, don't think it'll ever become like Man Utd though. Having more fans can only be a good thing though IMO, and if you choose to support a club like Rangers, the history and traditions of the club are obviously a giant part of it, so anyone that takes up an interest in it is probably compelled to dig into that.

Fair enough not wanting to play the OF game, especially in a place like Boston. I understand that most either don't want to see the fixture cheapened or played in a city that appears not to be a neutral venue, but you take what you can get.

I have no problems with us playing an american team in america but I will never be ok with us playing a "friendly" against them.

I understand what you mean, don't think it'll ever become like Man Utd though. Having more fans can only be a good thing though IMO, and if you choose to support a club like Rangers, the history and traditions of the club are obviously a giant part of it, so anyone that takes up an interest in it is probably compelled to dig into that.

Fair enough not wanting to play the OF game, especially in a place like Boston. I understand that most either don't want to see the fixture cheapened or played in a city that appears not to be a neutral venue, but you take what you can get.

Your probably right pal (tu)

I'm just glad I got it explained so that you understood, didn't want to sound like a complete nutcase and start annoying everyone :lol:

Great reply, and that's exactly what it gives me ! 00000042.gif10310.gif

Here's some other facts for you:

ProtestantsSurveys in the 1990s reveal that most Americans claiming Irish origin are Protestant. The Scotch-Irish who settled in the back country of colonial America were largely Presbyterians. The establishment of many settlements in the remote back-country put a strain on the ability of the Presbyterian Church to meet the new demand for qualified, college-educated clergy. Religious groups such as the Baptists and Methodists had no higher education requirement for their clergy to be ordained, and these groups readily provided ministers to meet the demand of the growing Scotch-Irish settlements.[36] By about 1810, Baptist and Methodist churches were in the majority, and the descendants of the Scotch-Irish today remain predominantly Baptist or Methodist.[37] They were avid participants in the revivals taking place during the Great Awakening from the 1740s to the 1840s. They take pride in their Irish heritage not because they are attached to the place called Ireland but because they identify with the values ascribed to the Scotch-Irish who played a major role in the American Revolution and in the development of American culture.[38] The strongly held religious beliefs of the Scotch-Irish led to the emergence of the Bible Belt, where evangelical Protestantism continues to play a large role today

According to census data released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in 2004, Irish Australians are, by religion, 46.2% Roman Catholic, 15.3% Anglican, 13.5% other Christian denomination, 3.6% other religions, and 21.5% as "No Religion".

The high percentage of Catholics is largely the result of descendants of Irish immigrants.

Yeah but that just adds to the problem since alot of those protestant Irish-Americans are ignorant of their roots and have bought in to the whole plastic paddy mentality as well. They also dont have a sense of community like the tims, since they spread out over a much wider area, and over the years have assimilated into the american community. So they would consider themselves to be american as opposed to Irish. Trying to win them over as a community would be futile imo.

What is the club moto "NO SURRENDER" seems like you folks want the club to do just that and bow down to the Irish population of Boston. As for some of the other comments I think it's a bit much to talk about the hub of the IRA when you quite happily trot off to the peadodome and spend money there. I would rather we played other teams but if that's all the chance I get this year to go to a game well so be it. You guys don't need to come if you are that offended. Tell you what I won't go if you all take up a collection and fly me and the other North American Bears to the next Of game at Ibrox. WATP!

Hold on a minute here csta. Nowt against you but things have to be said.

Associating us in a pre season game for a start just makes it seem like both clubs are together - are we fuck. We are The Rangers and they are dirty Irish loving fucks. We are perfectably capable of playing friendlies in the USA without those fuckers being involved.

Bow down to the Irish -never in a million years. I'd happily take a provvy (not provo) loan out just to go over and stand up to the cunts if need be. Boston is widely known here as being a F*nian heartland and I would do everything I could to make sure The Rangers had adequate support over there. Hopefully the "friendly" will not take place and that will not be necessary.

"happily trot off to the paedodome" - I think not. We go there to support and defend The Rangers in enemy territory, back the team and each other.

As for collections - I have been in a few rammies in Leith pubs where I have witnessed collections taking place. I have no desire to go to Boston and behave in the same manner I did in Leith. For a start, the cops have guns there. Over here, you just have to watch your back.

Bottom line is we are not "friendly" towards each other, We Are The People and they are not. Fuck them and any "friendly".

As I said at the start of this rant csta, nothing against you. This whole "friendly" thing is not right imo.

Best wishes from an Old School Billy Boy. wink.gif

No offense taken, in the all the time I've lived here I have never been asked to donate to the I Ran Away, so I can only go by my experience here. In both threads I have stated that I would prefer to play another team too. It's highly doubtful that you and your buddy WVB would be allowed into the states anyway. wink.gif

I have to say that goodness King Billy didn't refuse to go fight the Battle of the Boyne since it was in enemy territory or you would not be a Billy Boy (never mind an old school one). wink.gif

IF this game goes ahead and at this stage its IF. What does it matter if Boston is a catholic stronghold we have played in totally catholic cities before against european opposition in Spain and France so who cares. Americans in general are fairly ignorant as to football especially scottish football. Most of the crowd would be made up of ex pats and their friends and families a lot of whom will come along for the novelty effect only.

There will be some sections on both sides who will try and whip up enthusiam using the religious angle, but I would think that would be a minority.

We as a club need all the money we can get at this stage and I don't care who we play or where as long as it generates big dollars. :21::21: