FORGET BOSTON NOW RANGERS !

BLUEDIGNITY

I can't believe the all the negative replys in this thread.

In fact in general half of yous fuckers don't half enjoy a good moan eh.

-----

Another chance to beat the scum?

Naw man fuck that,I'm no playing them in a friendly

Aye because an auld firm would be a friendly right enough.

----

:craphead:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect this 'match' will be off. There is simply not enough money to be had to make a difference -- and money is what this is all about.'

Let's see.

40,000 Attendance. (No way there will be 70k) imho. Price of a ticket $40? ok 1.6 million gate.

TV? eh? Not in NA.

Beer? 1,000,000 Subtotal now at 2.6 mill. Where is the money for the multi millions?

Shirts? Pretty much nought. We all have them anyway.

Why is this worth it? It's not. We MUST retain the integrity of the OF matches.

I am emailing Rangers now -- as a NA Bear.. totally opposed to this. I will go to IBROX to see us hump them. Not in Plastic Paddy Central -- BAHston.

I suspect this 'match' will be off. There is simply not enough money to be had to make a difference -- and money is what this is all about.'

Let's see.

40,000 Attendance. (No way there will be 70k) imho. Price of a ticket $40? ok 1.6 million gate.

TV? eh? Not in NA.

Beer? 1,000,000 Subtotal now at 2.6 mill. Where is the money for the multi millions?

I am emailing Rangers now -- as a NA Bear.. totally opposed to this. I will go to IBROX to see us hump them. Not in Plastic Paddy Central -- BAHston.

For all the ex-pats in North America,I would be delighted for them to see Rangers play in a game that would do any of the following: Make money---Enhance our supporter base in that region of the World---Get our Name better known in the media---and anything else that helps our Clubs' cause.........But don't play a so called "Friendly" against the very club that is the ANTITHESIS of everything that our great club was founded upon.

Coopers' opening line is spot on because somebody will make a killing from this shit idea and I'll bet it won't be us.As a Rangers fan from as far away from Ibrox as can be, I see Rangers every opportunity that I get and will follow them to the ends of the Earth, but I would NOT betray the ideals and memories of Messrs; Moses McNeil, Peter McNeil, Peter Campbell and William McBeath in dancing with the Devil to do so.

And before anybody slags me off for being anti-Catholic in my views,I would like to point out that half of my relatives are Catholic who I thank for teaching me the difference between right from wrong....This is Wrong,IMO.

Would God play a friendly game of 'keepy uppy' with the Devil at the gates of Hell?

I doubt it.

Last year the under 19's played against Celtic in Hong Kong at the 7's. The atmosphere was great and for all the Bluenoses in HK it was superb to see some of the up-and-coming players here.

Both teams are back again this year and the anticipation is that we will play them again at some stage, hopefully in the final.

There is nothing friendly about any Old Firm game, be it the under 19's or the first team. I hope it goes ahead and we pump them 3 nil. How could that be a bad thing?

WATP

when we played in Los Angeles against LA Galaxy there was a few bheggers tops going around and they got rightly skelped

multiply that by 20,000 and this game is a recipe for disaster

i personally would not travel to the states to watch rangers play them but if we are playing any other team i will consider it

Boston Old Firm clash could net city £22m bonanza

Apr 24 2010

BOSTON expects to scoop a whopping £22million from this summer's Old Firm exhibition game.

Glasgow's big two will meet at Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox, in a July 21 friendly.

And experts predict the economic impact of the game on the city could reach £22m.

Pat Moscaritolo, president of the Greater Boston visitors bureau, said: "This really is a huge event for the city.

"These are two very well-known teams with European supporters who follow their sides in a similar way to that in which the Red Sox fans show up at their games in the United States.

"We would expect this kind of event could provide an boost of up to $37m to the local economy.

"This event extends the Red Sox across the world and Fenway Park's unique sporting brand to an international audience."

With a capacity of 37,000 the stadium is the oldest Major League baseball ground still in use, having been inaugurated in 1912.

However, this summer's clash will not be the first time a Glasgow side has played there. Celtic took on American team New York Yankees there in 1931, losing 4-3.

Boston the biggest ira slophouse in the world must be rubbin its hands and laughin like fcuk !

:sherlock:

With our Chairman's North American sporting connections, not to mention the worldwide reputation of Rangers Football Club itself, I'm sure a North American tour could attract well-known top flight teams to play against during said tour without the need to drag ourselves towards the gutter by agreeing to play the sporting wing of the Eye-Ran-Away FC.

A badly conceived plan - as daft as the one to play a closed door "bounce match" (what-the-fuck does that mean?) against this shower of shoite this week.

I hope the Club distances itself from this 'Old Firm in Boston' notion as soon as.

:angry:

I Think our Ibrox board (and celtics)act like puppet masters when they play with the fans loyalties , and this is just another fine example.

on the one hand they want to keep the hatred between us and them , alive and well, as keeping that pot boiling sells plenty tickets and merchandise (which I am ok with,as I always have and always will detest those manky bastards), but when they think a couple bob can be made on the side,with a wee joint venture (using our rivalry as a side show)then they want to jump right into bed with the bed pishers, whether the fans agree with it or no.... "aye lets set it up in the biggest plastic paddy stronghold in the USA, It'll be nice and safe for our fans as long as they don't do anything to tarnish the clubs image,such as retaliate when attacked etc... then it should be a super event.

As soon as we get back to Scotland both boards promise to restart stirring the shit right away to bring the hatred back to full boil and boost them season ticket sales"...... I guess its these strokes of genius that earn them the big bucks, while we struggle from week to week.

Anythime they have arranged lucrative matches or tours across the world they have failed to put bums on seats, I guarantee a sell out crowd would be "spun" in their favour.

After all their "one of the top 5 clubs in the world" pish I would leave them to rot. I would rather we went about our own business and arranged our own tour!

If the game is in Boston we would be scoring an own goal marketing wise as they can play on the success of the Basketball team"

I don't see how people can have a problem with this. Football is a business and this is a smart move. You would not describe the EPL tourno in Asia as desperate would you. This is a money spinner, not only on the day but in raising the profile of the SPL in a huge country, increasing the demand for our matches to be shown on tv, and for our merchandise.

And who is going to be the winner? Aside from the Irish immigrants who funded the IRA over the years, which team is most likely to attract new fans... a bunch of taigs or the team with the US national teams poster boy Maurice Edu. If we take advantage of the EDU-factor and get him in all the TV advertisements shown there in the build up we will reap the rewards in the long run.

Great reply, and that's exactly what it gives me ! 00000042.gif10310.gif

Here's some other facts for you:

ProtestantsSurveys in the 1990s reveal that most Americans claiming Irish origin are Protestant. The Scotch-Irish who settled in the back country of colonial America were largely Presbyterians. The establishment of many settlements in the remote back-country put a strain on the ability of the Presbyterian Church to meet the new demand for qualified, college-educated clergy. Religious groups such as the Baptists and Methodists had no higher education requirement for their clergy to be ordained, and these groups readily provided ministers to meet the demand of the growing Scotch-Irish settlements.[36] By about 1810, Baptist and Methodist churches were in the majority, and the descendants of the Scotch-Irish today remain predominantly Baptist or Methodist.[37] They were avid participants in the revivals taking place during the Great Awakening from the 1740s to the 1840s. They take pride in their Irish heritage not because they are attached to the place called Ireland but because they identify with the values ascribed to the Scotch-Irish who played a major role in the American Revolution and in the development of American culture.[38] The strongly held religious beliefs of the Scotch-Irish led to the emergence of the Bible Belt, where evangelical Protestantism continues to play a large role today

According to census data released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in 2004, Irish Australians are, by religion, 46.2% Roman Catholic, 15.3% Anglican, 13.5% other Christian denomination, 3.6% other religions, and 21.5% as "No Religion".

The high percentage of Catholics is largely the result of descendants of Irish immigrants.

Yeah but that just adds to the problem since alot of those protestant Irish-Americans are ignorant of their roots and have bought in to the whole plastic paddy mentality as well. They also dont have a sense of community like the tims, since they spread out over a much wider area, and over the years have assimilated into the american community. So they would consider themselves to be american as opposed to Irish. Trying to win them over as a community would be futile imo.

What is the club moto "NO SURRENDER" seems like you folks want the club to do just that and bow down to the Irish population of Boston. As for some of the other comments I think it's a bit much to talk about the hub of the IRA when you quite happily trot off to the peadodome and spend money there. I would rather we played other teams but if that's all the chance I get this year to go to a game well so be it. You guys don't need to come if you are that offended. Tell you what I won't go if you all take up a collection and fly me and the other North American Bears to the next Of game at Ibrox. WATP!

Hold on a minute here csta. Nowt against you but things have to be said.

Associating us in a pre season game for a start just makes it seem like both clubs are together - are we fuck. We are The Rangers and they are dirty Irish loving fucks. We are perfectably capable of playing friendlies in the USA without those fuckers being involved.

Bow down to the Irish -never in a million years. I'd happily take a provvy (not provo) loan out just to go over and stand up to the cunts if need be. Boston is widely known here as being a F*nian heartland and I would do everything I could to make sure The Rangers had adequate support over there. Hopefully the "friendly" will not take place and that will not be necessary.

"happily trot off to the paedodome" - I think not. We go there to support and defend The Rangers in enemy territory, back the team and each other.

"offended" - I'll tell you what offends me and a lot of other Bears. Being mentioned in the same fuckin sentence as them. Raising a few bucks by playing them in the USofA, fuck that. We will play them where and when it matters, competitive games here, not some fuckin Disney like scenario where the money men whoop it up. Fuck that, gies us against them and The Billy Boys to the fore!

As for collections - I have been in a few rammies in Leith pubs where I have witnessed collections taking place. I have no desire to go to Boston and behave in the same manner I did in Leith. For a start, the cops have guns there. Over here, you just have to watch your back.

Bottom line is we are not "friendly" towards each other, We Are The People and they are not. Fuck them and any "friendly".

As I said at the start of this rant csta, nothing against you. This whole "friendly" thing is not right imo.

Best wishes from an Old School Billy Boy. ;)

No offense taken, in the all the time I've lived here I have never been asked to donate to the I Ran Away, so I can only go by my experience here. In both threads I have stated that I would prefer to play another team too. It's highly doubtful that you and your buddy WVB would be allowed into the states anyway. ;)

I have to say that goodness King Billy didn't refuse to go fight the Battle of the Boyne since it was in enemy territory or you would not be a Billy Boy (never mind an old school one). ;)

Why not? Has the USofA got something against WASPs?

As for setting foot in enemy territory, I have done for many years now and will continue to do so.

For future reference, my Old School credentials are not in doubt amongst those who know me.

As kpl has already said, this "friendly" is a recipe for disaster. There is fuck all potential good to come from it.

I'm going to have a doob now and sash it up. ;)

This is just another reason why this game should NOT go ahead.

This game is doomed, and Rangers should take note that this is the kind of coverage we get in the NORAID stronghold of Boston before we've even signed a contract.

If Rangers are touring the states, then Bears will get a chance to see them, without the spectre of appearing in the Boston Globe depicted as a hooligan for following your football team.

It makes 100% sense.

police chief O'leary :lol: fuck sake

You may laugh, but the figure of Gerry Donnelan running Manchester's Police operation in 2008 indicates just what the dangers are.

Did you know he's since been promoted?

Great observation Mate, aye promoted and never brought to book for his part in the shambles, manchester is a cell of ira sympathisers, and I include ferguson in that, pal of the irish mafia ! :sherlock:

Let's see.

TV? eh? Not in NA.

Having said that if the boston mhedia hype it up to be bog trotters against johnny lobster then it may be a big money spinner

Being based in America I would love to see Rangers play here. Washington DC especially. Boston though versus the Mhanks = no thanks! Boston Herald's article is just the start of inflammatory rubbish that will be published ahead of the Rangers visit. The fans will be ostracised. Any trouble and the CL matches will be in danger. If I were RFC I would not touch this game. A bad idea.