Geovanni

hutchy14

I started a thread on him when he was out of contract at Manchester City a few seasons ago. I wanted him then, and I would still take him!

not the type of player to stick his head in where it hurts.

I don't understand these type of comments? We come on here, and sit at games moaning about our lack of creativity, goals threat from midfield, piss poor delivery, someone who is capable of changing a game with a bit of brillance, and they when they are mentioned, the old 'he's too lightweight', 'doesn't put his head or foot in where it hurts'... come out. Just can't win.

Geovanni is a good player, he's shown that throughout his career, and he has done well in the Premiership, especially for Hull City. Ok, he's also underachieved, and is inconsistant, but what players in the similar mould aren't. He can play on the left or right, and in an attacking central poistion, and anyone we target, is always going to be inconsistant, and have their bad days. Even the worlds best are inconsistant. Not too long ago, our two best players, Mendes and Davis were very inconsistant!

I'd love to have someone with Geovanni's ability in the Rangers team, someone who will work hard, loves to get on the ball, create time and space for himself, actually add a bit of balance and creativity to the side. Someone who can play a final pass, strike a ball, and deliver a cracking ball from a corner, or free-kick.

Instead, we would rather play with two defensive minded midfielders, who love to get stuck in, watch a midfield struggle to create, control, and dictate play, and just lump the ball time and time again to our strikers.

I started a thread on him when he was out of contract at Manchester City a few seasons ago. I wanted him then, and I would still take him!

I don't understand these type of comments? We come on here, and sit at games moaning about our lack of creativity, goals threat from midfield, piss poor delivery, someone who is capable of changing a game with a bit of brillance, and they when they are mentioned, the old 'he's too lightweight', 'doesn't put his head or foot in where it hurts'... come out. Just can't win.

Geovanni is a good player, he's shown that throughout his career, and he has done well in the Premiership, especially for Hull City. Ok, he's also underachieved, and is inconsistant, but what players in the similar mould aren't. He can play on the left or right, and in an attacking central poistion, and anyone we target, is always going to be inconsistant, and have their bad days. Even the worlds best are inconsistant. Not too long ago, our two best players, Mendes and Davis were very inconsistant!

I'd love to have someone with Geovanni's ability in the Rangers team, someone who will work hard, loves to get on the ball, create time and space for himself, actually add a bit of balance and creativity to the side. Someone who can play a final pass, strike a ball, and deliver a cracking ball from a corner, or free-kick.

Instead, we would rather play with two defensive minded midfielders, who love to get stuck in, watch a midfield struggle to create, control, and dictate play, and just lump the ball time and time again to our strikers.

i tried to just quote your first paragraph, think thats a good point.

Well said. Hit the nail on the head there :wink:

i just don't like him , yes he can hit the odd strike and that but i just can't see him coping with the SPL and i can't seem him doing the dirty side of the game , we can't afford a passanger who won't track back on the left wing , take a look at the UCL game where Rothen was played wide left and our Full back was fucked everytime

Not that he will be signing or that, but I wouldn't have him out wide. I'd prefer him in the middle, a roaming, second striker - could play in the Champions League, where you get more time on the ball, but you'd need a target man up there.