Boyd for the off

RFC82

KRIS BOYD has vowed to end his goal drought by firing Rangers to title glory today.

Walter Smith's men can seal the championship with a win over Hibs at Easter Road - and Boyd insists he can provide the ammunition to clinch two-in-a-row.

The striker has failed to find the net in his last nine SPL games but is confident he will rediscover his shooting boots in Leith.

And the 26-year-old admits it would be a dream come true to bag the winner and spark another title party.

He said: "It would be great to end this drought with the goal that wins the SPL.

"But just getting the win is more important. That would cap a terrific season for Rangers.

"I'm still confident I can get on the scoresheet and I'd love to be the one who clinches the championship.

"If you look back over the years everyone remembers the goals that win titles.

"Nobody will remember the 20-odd goals I've scored up until now - they will just think about the league winner.

"If I could do that it would top off what has been a good campaign for me."

Boyd insists he hasn't contemplated the fact this could be his last season with Rangers.

His contract expires in the summer and clubs in the English Premiership want to tempt him away from Ibrox.

But if Boyd is to leave he wants to end his four-and-a-half year spell in style by delivering the title against Hibs.

He told MailSport: "I try not to think about whether these will be my last few games for Rangers.

"Every match could be your last - you never know. We're lucky to be playing for a club like Rangers and need to make the most of every minute we have here.

"But if I left in the summer then scoring the goal that seals the title would be a great way to go."

The part in bold confirms it for me, anytime down the years when a player makes that comment you know he is gone.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honestly I'd like to see a couple of nice goals by Lafferty today but yeah, would be a shame for Boyd to end his time at Rangers on his biggest goal drought. I expect goals from both of them today and Rangers to be champions yet again. :21:

I think the way he's been playing the last few months have proved he's off, not interested in the slightest. When was the last time he even looked like scoring ? I cant remember it.

He's done well for the club in the SPL but imo its not the end of the world when he goes.

We replaced Super Ally, we'll replace Special K. If his heads no in it, off he goes.

Totaly agree scott, i have always been a big fan of boyd but if his heart and head isn't in it for rangers he shouldnt be here, and thats for every player too.

I for one don't think that Boyd would struggle in the EPL at all, DEPENDING on which club he would end up at if he does go in the Summer.

For example, if he ended up at club like Man Utd. he would score bucketloads because of the service their midfield provide for their strikers.Boyd is a far better better marksman than

Berbetov,IMO.

The same would happen if he went to Arsenal, because I rate Boyd as better than Bendtner when he gets the kind of service he thrives on.

But seeing as how the only 2 clubs reportedly interested in him appear to be Sunderland and Birmingham City, then I think he will be pretty disappointed that he chose to go.

If he does go, then best of luck to him but Rangers will go on no matter what he decides.

I for one don't think that Boyd would struggle in the EPL at all, DEPENDING on which club he would end up at if he does go in the Summer.

For example, if he ended up at club like Man Utd. he would score bucketloads because of the service their midfield provide for their strikers.Boyd is a far better better marksman than

Berbetov,IMO.

The same would happen if he went to Arsenal, because I rate Boyd as better than Bendtner when he gets the kind of service he thrives on.

But seeing as how the only 2 clubs reportedly interested in him appear to be Sunderland and Birmingham City, then I think he will be pretty disappointed that he chose to go.

If he does go, then best of luck to him but Rangers will go on no matter what he decides.

the point is he wont get to a club like Utd or Arsenal. Boyd could score goals in any league if the ball as delivered in the box, the point is the teams he is being linked with are not the top team in the league like us. his team wont always have the ball and he will have to drop back, and then when his team break he wont be in the box the time his team get up there :lol:

Berbetov,IMO.

the point is he wont get to a club like Utd or Arsenal. Boyd could score goals in any league if the ball as delivered in the box, the point is the teams he is being linked with are not the top team in the league like us. his team wont always have the ball and he will have to drop back, and then when his team break he wont be in the box the time his team get up there :lol:

My point EXACTLY, Stu...:beer1:

Doesnt tell us one thing or the other - and while fans are always calling for loyalty from players - Boyd has done really well for us, proven goal scorer in bad patch BUT the number of 'fans' wanting to critisise him (and the love for Lafferty who has scored what 4 goals in 28 starts or so) shows how fickle we are and how unloyal some are.

Hope he stays, we will miss him if he goes, and IF he goes I hope he proves his worth and does well wherever he ends up.

Good luck to him if he goes. If he does move to Birmingham I hope he scores a lot of goals for them. But in all honesty how much more money would he be moving there for? £25k? I can't see it being more than that. Is that how much it cost's to give up on success? Because he will be winning nothing down there. A Europa league place at best.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is the sort of nifty deal a certain Sir Alex may make? Owen last summer, Scotland's top goalscorer this one. I still think he's Brummie-bound, but in football you just never know.

:lol: I don't think you will be getting a bite with that effort mate.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is the sort of nifty deal a certain Sir Alex may make? Owen last summer, Scotland's top goalscorer this one. I still think he's Brummie-bound, but in football you just never know.

:lol: I don't think you will be getting a bite with that effort mate.

Shhh :pipe:

Although it was a fishing attempt, I wonder how well a player like Boyd could do if he got the service from players like Giggs, Scholes, Valencia etc...?

The trouble with Boyd is he depends on service for his goals does fook all but expect the ball at his feet, the EPL is a different League altogether, look at most forwards they work for the ball they play the part and create chances for them selfs in the EPL, for me i dont think Boyd has that ability he stands and poaches to much

I'll be very happy if he goes due to the money we are apparently offering him. 18k+ a week is top level wages for us now, and Boyd isn't a top level player. Pathetic scoring record against Celtic, pathetic european record, poor record away to the top 6 and has barely ever scored a crucial goal in a big game for us during his entire Rangers career. Someone on here actually calculated that we average more goals with Boyd out the side than in the side, over the course of his Rangers career, so the idea that we'll struggle for goals without Boyd is a myth.

I'll remember him for his doubles against the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton, but there just aren't many truly memorable moments in Boyd's Rangers career for me. 18k+ a week saved that we can now hopefully use to bring in a player more capable of having an influence in our tougher matches.

Good luck to him, but he'll bomb in the Premiership. Championship would be his level.

I'll be very happy if he goes due to the money we are apparently offering him. 18k+ a week is top level wages for us now, and Boyd isn't a top level player. Pathetic scoring record against Celtic, pathetic european record, poor record away to the top 6 and has barely ever scored a crucial goal in a big game for us during his entire Rangers career. Someone on here actually calculated that we average more goals with Boyd out the side than in the side, over the course of his Rangers career, so the idea that we'll struggle for goals without Boyd is a myth.

I'll remember him for his doubles against the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton, but there just aren't many truly memorable moments in Boyd's Rangers career for me. 18k+ a week saved that we can now hopefully use to bring in a player more capable of having an influence in our tougher matches.

Good luck to him, but he'll bomb in the Premiership. Championship would be his level.

Dundee Utd in the League Cup final, scoring in at Boruc at Ibrox, against Dundee Utd to win the title last year, his 5 goals at home to Dundee Utd, his goals against QOS in the Scottish Cup Final?

Obviously you don't like Boyd, going by this post and other posts of yours and thats fine, but you're obviously have a warped memory if you don't consider these times 'truly memorable moments in Boyd's Rangers career'. Boyd regardless, I'd like to think a lot of people would think of these moments fondly as a Rangers fan.