Boyd for the off

RFC82

I'll be very happy if he goes due to the money we are apparently offering him. 18k+ a week is top level wages for us now, and Boyd isn't a top level player. Pathetic scoring record against Celtic, pathetic european record, poor record away to the top 6 and has barely ever scored a crucial goal in a big game for us during his entire Rangers career. Someone on here actually calculated that we average more goals with Boyd out the side than in the side, over the course of his Rangers career, so the idea that we'll struggle for goals without Boyd is a myth.

I'll remember him for his doubles against the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton, but there just aren't many truly memorable moments in Boyd's Rangers career for me. 18k+ a week saved that we can now hopefully use to bring in a player more capable of having an influence in our tougher matches.

Good luck to him, but he'll bomb in the Premiership. Championship would be his level.

:lol:

Comedy gold, nice one (tu)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be very happy if he goes due to the money we are apparently offering him. 18k+ a week is top level wages for us now, and Boyd isn't a top level player. Pathetic scoring record against Celtic, pathetic european record, poor record away to the top 6 and has barely ever scored a crucial goal in a big game for us during his entire Rangers career. Someone on here actually calculated that we average more goals with Boyd out the side than in the side, over the course of his Rangers career, so the idea that we'll struggle for goals without Boyd is a myth.

I'll remember him for his doubles against the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton, but there just aren't many truly memorable moments in Boyd's Rangers career for me. 18k+ a week saved that we can now hopefully use to bring in a player more capable of having an influence in our tougher matches.

Good luck to him, but he'll bomb in the Premiership. Championship would be his level.

Thorough load of tosh.

Everything comes to an end -- and life goes on. if Kris decides to go, then I think he will regret it. but... he is a goal scorer and will score down south. As said above, it's all about the service. Get him the ball... chances are he'll find the net. Deadly.

That won't go away from Kris.. It's who he is.

I'll wish him luck though.

We are a far better team without Boyd for me and i dont think he will be much of a loss at all tbh, as has been shown, we average more goals without him and win more games also,(especially against top 6) He would be ok to keep for the squad on 8-10 k per week with incentive bonuses for him to improve, mostly his fitness and athleticism, (which is shocking for a so called professional footballer imo) but he obviously is money motivated and is looking to get as much as he can elsewhere, which, for me will be Brum as they have been the only club who have shown any interest so far in the 3 transfer windows, which pretty much says it all about his abilities for me. It does amaze me how McLeish thinks he can be off value to him though as Boyd has absolutely no chance of cutting it in the EPL for me as he is too slow,unfit and doesnt have the technique or game awareness to be effective at that level imo.

He better score again if he's going to leave, to leave on 99 SPL goals would be :anguish:

Still a good player for us, if he sees his future elsewhere then good luck to him.

Oh my god :anguish:

Your a funny man my friend and a very stupid man aswell it seems.

If Boyd leaves it will be a sad day and i will thank him for the memories he has left us and there has been lots !

And Ronnie your an idiot , he is to slow for a league ? you do realise you don't need pace to play in the EPL :lol: Hearts or Hibs ? :lol: oh god you crack me up :lol: what an idiot.

Birmingham isn't the club for Boyd but if he goes then he goes and good luck to him.

He can cut it in the overrated EPL with a doubt.

I hope he leaves....

doesn't score in big games, lazy bastard, only thing boyd does to help rangers is goals and when he doesnt score he is useless.

Fucking hell :anguish:

All the fans love him and then if he is going to leave they come out and say lazy bastard and a hope he leaves :lol: ?

What a tit you are , he has scored an unreal amount of goals for this club and he owes us NOTHING.

Get a grip ffs and thank him for the memories instead of being a wank about things.

I hope he leaves....

doesn't score in big games, lazy bastard, only thing boyd does to help rangers is goals and when he doesnt score he is useless.

Fucking hell :anguish:

All the fans love him and then if he is going to leave they come out and say lazy bastard and a hope he leaves :lol: ?

What a tit you are , he has scored an unreal amount of goals for this club and he owes us NOTHING.

Get a grip ffs and thank him for the memories instead of being a wank about things.

Ive never rated him even before all the talk of him leaving.

KRIS BOYD has vowed to end his goal drought by firing Rangers to title glory today.

Walter Smith's men can seal the championship with a win over Hibs at Easter Road - and Boyd insists he can provide the ammunition to clinch two-in-a-row.

The striker has failed to find the net in his last nine SPL games but is confident he will rediscover his shooting boots in Leith.

And the 26-year-old admits it would be a dream come true to bag the winner and spark another title party.

He said: "It would be great to end this drought with the goal that wins the SPL.

"But just getting the win is more important. That would cap a terrific season for Rangers.

"I'm still confident I can get on the scoresheet and I'd love to be the one who clinches the championship.

"If you look back over the years everyone remembers the goals that win titles.

"Nobody will remember the 20-odd goals I've scored up until now - they will just think about the league winner.

"If I could do that it would top off what has been a good campaign for me."

Boyd insists he hasn't contemplated the fact this could be his last season with Rangers.

His contract expires in the summer and clubs in the English Premiership want to tempt him away from Ibrox.

But if Boyd is to leave he wants to end his four-and-a-half year spell in style by delivering the title against Hibs.

He told MailSport: "I try not to think about whether these will be my last few games for Rangers.

"Every match could be your last - you never know. We're lucky to be playing for a club like Rangers and need to make the most of every minute we have here.

"But if I left in the summer then scoring the goal that seals the title would be a great way to go."

The part in bold confirms it for me, anytime down the years when a player makes that comment you know he is gone.

finger crossed. (tu)

Think he basically confirmed it tonight. Skulked off first, didn't even look interested.

Yep! he walked off the park after 10 mins at ibrox tonite. Think wee nacho is offski aswell coz he stayed out himself n went round the three stands!!! Thanks for the Memories lads!!!! Think some people need to remember that boyd has played a big part in getting us our trophies over the last two seasons!!

A lot of negative comments... I'd agree with them all BEFORE this year. He showed he can up his game and before his double hernia op, he was a different player. And still scoring as well.

His off the ball runs were vastly improved, pressured defenders -- and he showed he was more than capable of a defence splitting pass.

Hasn't been the same since his surgery in January.

A lot of negative comments... I'd agree with them all BEFORE this year. He showed he can up his game and before his double hernia op, he was a different player. And still scoring as well.

His off the ball runs were vastly improved, pressured defenders -- and he showed he was more than capable of a defence splitting pass.

Hasn't been the same since his surgery in January.

Which, in an odd coincidence, co-incided with the run up and the time when he became free to talk to other clubs.

We need a new striker if he leaves. Right now I'm not confident in any strike force we can put out which doesn't include Kris Boyd.

Saying Lafferty is inconsistant is a bit of a compliment, Miller has his dry spells.. again thats a bit of an understatement, Naismith plays one good game then five bad ones, Novo can't get a look in and his touch seems to have gotten terrible with the lack of games and Little won't cut it.

I think if we were to see players like Boyd, Weir and McCulloch leave, as unglamorous (is that a word?) as they may be, we would miss them massivley.