Boyd for the off

RFC82

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be very happy if he goes due to the money we are apparently offering him. 18k+ a week is top level wages for us now, and Boyd isn't a top level player. Pathetic scoring record against Celtic, pathetic european record, poor record away to the top 6 and has barely ever scored a crucial goal in a big game for us during his entire Rangers career. Someone on here actually calculated that we average more goals with Boyd out the side than in the side, over the course of his Rangers career, so the idea that we'll struggle for goals without Boyd is a myth.

I'll remember him for his doubles against the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton, but there just aren't many truly memorable moments in Boyd's Rangers career for me. 18k+ a week saved that we can now hopefully use to bring in a player more capable of having an influence in our tougher matches.

Good luck to him, but he'll bomb in the Premiership. Championship would be his level.

Take your head out of Laffery's arse, and you will see what Boyd has done. If you can't, then you are blind. Even a so-called 'Boyd-hater' like myself realised how important he was.

End of the day, if he goes, he goes, if he signs a new deal, then great. If he doesn't want to be at Rangers, then he know's where the door is.

I'll be very happy if he goes due to the money we are apparently offering him. 18k+ a week is top level wages for us now, and Boyd isn't a top level player. Pathetic scoring record against Celtic, pathetic european record, poor record away to the top 6 and has barely ever scored a crucial goal in a big game for us during his entire Rangers career. Someone on here actually calculated that we average more goals with Boyd out the side than in the side, over the course of his Rangers career, so the idea that we'll struggle for goals without Boyd is a myth.

I'll remember him for his doubles against the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton, but there just aren't many truly memorable moments in Boyd's Rangers career for me. 18k+ a week saved that we can now hopefully use to bring in a player more capable of having an influence in our tougher matches.

Good luck to him, but he'll bomb in the Premiership. Championship would be his level.

Take your head out of Laffery's arse, and you will see what Boyd has done. If you can't, then you are blind. Even a so-called 'Boyd-hater' like myself realised how important he was.

End of the day, if he goes, he goes, if he signs a new deal, then great. If he doesn't want to be at Rangers, then he know's where the door is.

I'm miles from having my head up his arse, I just think the abuse he's taken is ridiculous and he's deserved more of an opportunity up front. He's got a long way to go yet to prove he's worthy of the jersey, but getting a fair chance up top gives him a shot.

I appreciate Boyd's contribution.....but I don't view it as crucial, far from it. As others have calculated, we average as many goals without him in the side. His record against Celtic is awful, away to top 6 poor and he's simply not a player who's contribution is worth 18k+ a week. Bougherra, Davis....definitely. Maybe McGregor. 12k.......delighted to keep him. 18k.......bye bye Boydy.

Think about it now Muff.Really how important was he? he scores five in one game,scores(what 4-5 penalties?)never scores in Europe,

or against the filth.I know you hate them both,but Lafferty and Miller do way more to earn my respect.

But knowing you Muff,(flip flop,flip flop) you will probably be Lafferty's greatest fan next season. :rolleyes:

I'm miles from having my head up his arse, I just think the abuse he's taken is ridiculous and he's deserved more of an opportunity up front. He's got a long way to go yet to prove he's worthy of the jersey, but getting a fair chance up top gives him a shot.

I appreciate Boyd's contribution.....but I don't view it as crucial, far from it. As others have calculated, we average as many goals without him in the side. His record against Celtic is awful, away to top 6 poor and he's simply not a player who's contribution is worth 18k+ a week. Bougherra, Davis....definitely. Maybe McGregor. 12k.......delighted to keep him. 18k.......bye bye Boydy.

Chamoionship and Cup Final winning goals...?

Dundee Utd in the League Cup final, scoring in at Boruc at Ibrox, against Dundee Utd to win the title last year, his 5 goals at home to Dundee Utd, his goals against QOS in the Scottish Cup Final?

Obviously you don't like Boyd, going by this post and other posts of yours and thats fine, but you're obviously have a warped memory if you don't consider these times 'truly memorable moments in Boyd's Rangers career'. Boyd regardless, I'd like to think a lot of people would think of these moments fondly as a Rangers fan.

Think about it now Muff.Really how important was he? he scores five in one game,scores(what 4-5 penalties?)never scores in Europe,

or against the filth.I know you hate them both,but Lafferty and Miller do way more to earn my respect.

But knowing you Muff,(flip flop,flip flop) you will probably be Lafferty's greatest fan next season. :rolleyes:

At least when I am wrong, I put my hand up and admit it, unlike a few on here... hopefully Lafferty proves me, and a good number of fans on here, and at games wrong!

End of the day, we all follow the most successful club, and want the best!

Steven Davis has not done too bad, aye PB, AK, the original flip flopper... :)

Spot on Boab. (tu)

I like Boyd and his goals and Coisty was a hero of mine but I'm not oblivious to his weaknesses either.

Agree mate i was one of boyds biggest fans, ive kind of fell away from his since the turn of the year. I Just wish he would come out and say he wants to sign but he cant because the clubs financial woes, or come out and say hes enjoyed it here and wants to test himself. For me if he wants to go and give it a shot then thats fine, but he should have already came out and told us his situation. if he knows it himself.