PFA player of the year and Premier League team of the year

Baratheon

Wayne Rooney has been voted player of the year by his peers in the Professional Footballers' Association.

The Manchester United striker, who has scored 34 goals this season, beat off competition from Didier Drogba, Carlos Tevez and Cesc Fabregas.

Premier League team of the year: Joe Hart (Man City, Birmingham on loan), Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea), Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal), Richard Dunne (Aston Villa), Patrice Evra (Man Utd), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), James Milner (Aston Villa), Darren Fletcher (Man Utd), Antonio Valencia (Man Utd), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Didier Drogba (Chelsea).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8643305.stm

How can Milner win YPOTY when Rooney was also nominated? <cr>

If they aren't giving it to Rooney because he won the main one then they should definitely give it to Fabregas.

How can Milner win YPOTY when Rooney was also nominated? <cr>

If they aren't giving it to Rooney because he won the main one then they should definitely give it to Fabregas.

Well I think you answered your own question. As for Fabregas... hes been injured alot.

Valencia & Evra shouldn't be in tdam of the year IMO. Pineaar/Malouda & A Cole have been better.

I also think Roger Johnson & Michael Dawson have been better than Dunne.....just!

Well I think its a better list than last years, where they just went for the big name players and Giggs because hes getting past it and hadnt won the award yet.

The whole scrap for 4th by 4 teams has probably had something to do with it (although 3 of those teams never got a look in :lol: )

Dawson and Milner (I texted him on Friday :D) have been brilliant, both should be on the plane to South Africa!

How come you text Milner, Muff? :lol:

I caddied for him last summer, him and his uncle, on two occassions - he's coming back up this year. I got him a game of golf on the Old Course, he repaid the favour.

I also caddied for a pro, in a pro-am, crazy as he coached James Milner, and a lot of the Newcastle and Boro players...

He's coming up this summer, he phoned me on Monday, I texted him Friday, hoping for a Brum win...

Dawson and Milner (I texted him on Friday :D) have been brilliant, both should be on the plane to South Africa!

I caddied for him last summer, him and his uncle, on two occassions - he's coming back up this year. I got him a game of golf on the Old Course, he repaid the favour.

I also caddied for a pro, in a pro-am, crazy as he coached James Milner, and a lot of the Newcastle and Boro players...

He's coming up this summer, he phoned me on Monday, I texted him Friday, hoping for a Brum win...

:lol: Nice one mate!

What other footballers have you caddied for?

:lol: Nice one mate!

What other footballers have you caddied for?

I've caddied for a few (SAF, Guillit, Linekar, Cruyff, Stevey Nicoll, Milner...) . Biggest regret, missing out on McCoist in 2008, and Kevin Thomosn, Steven Whittaker, and Steven Naismith, last summer, just as Naismith and Thomson were back to full fitness - they were up for Whittakers birthday if I remember correctly!?

F*cking Darren Fletcher, still not as good as some folk make out and horrid there in the last 2 (big games, where he's supposed to be a big game player) games. Evra a very deserved choice, Dunne - a poor man's John terry - when there's Dawson, Johnson, Dann.

F*cking Darren Fletcher, still not as good as some folk make out and horrid there in the last 2 (big games, where he's supposed to be a big game player) games. Evra a very deserved choice, Dunne - a poor man's John terry - when there's Dawson, Johnson, Dann.

Terry, a poor man's Dunne ;)

Oh aye because the last 2 games had such an impact on the awards doh

Disagree on Fletcher. He's in there on merit - has had a fantastic season