Lafferty on his clash with Davie Weir

Boab

By DEREK McGREGOR

Published: Today

Rangers title hero Kyle Lafferty has THANKED Davie Weir for his worst dressing-room blast ever.

The Ibrox skipper angrily turned on the startled young striker at Aberdeen last November.

But the £3.25million buy, whose goal against Hibs sealed two in a row, accepts that it was for his own good.

Lafferty said: "Davie had a right go at me. He hurt me and I had a pop back at him. No one likes to get b*******d in front of their team-mates.

"But I know it was done for the right reasons and afterwards I thanked him for it."

Lafferty was subbed seconds after Weir's blast as Gers headed for the first of just two league losses on their way to glory.

He added: "I always take on board what Davie says to me. He's played the game for many years.

"I will always listen, no matter if there are moments when I think I'm half right.

"I knew it wasn't personal when he turned on me at Aberdeen.

"Ninety minutes after the game we sat down, just the two of us, at the airport and spoke about what had happened.

"We said what we had to say and we agreed.

"But during the moment in the dressing room when Davie was having a go, I was stung by his comments.

"Having someone like him talking to me so bluntly in front of every other player was tough.

"I rate Davie as being second only to the gaffer.

"I wouldn't say he slaughtered me, but he said what he had to say. I didn't see it coming. I was stunned.

"But now I look back and realise why he did it. He sees everything that happens on the park, if he sees I'm not doing something he's entitled as captain to say his bit.

"If I'm losing the ball then I can be putting him and the other lads at the back under pressure.

"I didn't say anything disrespectful to Davie but after I'd been taken off and I was sitting alone in the dressing room I thought deeply about what we'd said to each other.

"I felt every emotion, anger, frustration, disappointment, embarrassment.

"Different things have happened this season that have made me wake up and the few minutes that Davie had a go at me were especially clear."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2949006/Thanks-for-my-kicking-Davie.html#ixzz0mFdgEjMy

What a captain and good maturity from Kyle to take it and learn.

If Barry Ferguson had shouted at someone in the dressing room and there was a story on it a lot of people on here would call him a bully....

Anyway, that is totally irrelevant and i apologise :sherlock:

But i agree with all the general comments so far about respect and good captaincy. I wonder what he said to him though....

Lafferty is getting to realise that playing for Rangers isn't like playing for another club, and not before time

either.Getting bollocked by the Captain in front of your team mates is the ultimate put-down but it was in the best interests of the team and the player himself why big Davie gave him the treatment.

Sometimes as a Captain, you have to do these things because you are the Managers voice who drives the team forward and that's why you are made Captain in the 1st place.It's good to see big Kyle taking all the advice he gets and understanding exactly what he needs to do to get to the level that is expected of him at Ibrox, and if the last 3 weeks are anything to go by, then he is seemingly on his way to showing what he really can do and why we bought him in the first place.Let's hope he proves all his critics wrong especially that wee gobshite Charlie Nichorarse.

Great read, Boab...Thanks for posting it mate!(tu):pipe:

Lafferty is getting to realise that playing for Rangers isn't like playing for another club, and not before time

either.Getting bollocked by the Captain in front of your team mates is the ultimate put-down but it was in the best interests of the team and the player himself why big Davie gave him the treatment.

Sometimes as a Captain, you have to do these things because you are the Managers voice who drives the team forward and that's why you are made Captain in the 1st place.It's good to see big Kyle taking all the advice he gets and understanding exactly what he needs to do to get to the level that is expected of him at Ibrox, and if the last 3 weeks are anything to go by, then he is seemingly on his way to showing what he really can do and why we bought him in the first place.Let's hope he proves all his critics wrong especially that wee gobshite Charlie Nichorarse.

He'll never prove Nicholas wrong, even if he somehow became the best player in the world.

If Barry Ferguson had shouted at someone in the dressing room and there was a story on it a lot of people on here would call him a bully....

Anyway, that is totally irrelevant and i apologise 10310.gif

But i agree with all the general comments so far about respect and good captaincy. I wonder what he said to him though....

"Here ya cunt - av been waiting 4 fuckin months noo tae see this robot dance!"

He'll never prove Nicholas wrong, even if he somehow became the best player in the world.

You're probably correct in that statement, Jamie....At least in C.N eyes anyway.

he has got opinions that only he agrees with himself are correct.

Was good to see him taking it on the chin and moving on:sherlock:

I think you have sussed out what his goal celebration is all about,RFC,

the way big Lafferty staggers about as if he's been walloped on the chin while having a swally.

:sherlock: