Mangers Mail

BLUEDIGNITY

RANGERS - SPL CHAMPIONS 2010

It is a great honour and privilege to be addressing you as SPL Champions today and everyone associated with the Club is delighted to have secured our 53rd league title.

I can't praise the players and coaching staff highly enough. It’s always a tremendous honour to win a title and this one maybe stands out from any other because of the difficulties we have faced.

You enjoy anything you win but this one is a wee bit special for everyone involved.That's what possibly separates it from a lot of the other championships I've been fortunate enough to win. I think we’ve been a little bit against the odds but we are really pleased to win it and I'm delighted for the group of players - they have been fantastic and they deserve enormous credit for the consistency they have achieved.

When we've been under pressure, we have managed to win through. They are a resilient bunch and have been difficult to beat.

Our fans have also been terrific this season so I would like to thank you personally for your continued support. We receive great backing wherever we travel and it was a fantastic feeling to return to Ibrox yesterday and to be welcomed home by more than 10,000 fans.

It has been another remarkable season and we are delighted to reward the supporters with another two trophies. We look forward to seeing you back at Ibrox on Sunday 9 May for our last home game of the campaign where we can enjoy the SPL trophy presentation and celebrate our achievements together.

Walter Smith

Manager

:sherlock: