No doubt the final home game will be a sell out

Because in my opinion they are glory hunters.

The excuses of Work, Money etc etc are viable no doubt, but come sunday most people will conveniently get past these hurdles

I don't expect people with other commitments to show up week in week out but I know of a few people going on the final sunday who have not been there all season.

Not sure what my point is but I do feel some resent towards these people

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im unemployed , but would give my arm to be at a home game Vs stirling albion just as much as the game against Motherwell,

when I get a new job, the Rangers will still be there for me and I for one cannae fluckin wait!!!!

I do see where you are coming from here to be honest.

I made a thread a couple of times after matches with a very poor attendance and was shot down in flames so sadly this isn't the common consensus.

I also wonder sometimes how we manage to have the best part of 200,000 fans in Manchester for the Uefa cup final while 30,000 were at Ibrox and another god knows how many thousand at home. I fully accept this is a very special situation and a comparison cannot be drawn between this and an SPL match. It would be silly to compare the two.

However, my point is that we clearly have an incredible amount of fans and it does appear that some shy away from the less glamorous matches.

Regardless, I'll go to every game and sing my baws off and support the team no matter what anyone else decides to do. WATP :uk:

I'll be there,usually most of my cash goes for my business and my baby boy.

It's not just the ticket it's the full day out and i can spend £100 easily on match day which i cant afford twice a month.

Going to apply for a season ticket though even though i wont make every game,

atmosphere is gash so will probably be trying to get in with the Union Bears to make it worthwhile.

The match day experience is rotten that is for sure, I'm tiring of it quite badly

The Uefa Cup Final wasn't really Rangers fans, the majority were there for a day out

I just couldn't go to the stadium after turning my back on other games, would feel like a fraud

Its worth noting that if we get a glamorous draw for the champions league next year that too will sell out

We are all there for the same reason, to support the team. Shouldn't matter if you go to 1 game or 100. It is not a competition.

Aye but the league, cups and champions league are we would be better equipped with a full stadium of fans and more money from ticket sales would help the club

In this regard it is a competition, you can only support the club by shouting the team on and by spending money on them. These gloryhunters do not help the club really

Its worth noting that if we get a glamorous draw for the champions league next year that too will sell out

That's a good point. Everybody is saying that they need to reduce prices next season.

But if we get Chelsea, Real or Man U they can charge almost what they want, the three game packages will be sold right away.

i detest glory hunters.

i think fans should make the effort and go to most games which imo shud give u priority for bigger games inc away.

it does my nut wen fans dont go to the majority of games then turn up on big days.

rant over

We are all there for the same reason, to support the team. Shouldn't matter if you go to 1 game or 100. It is not a competition.

Aye but the league, cups and champions league are we would be better equipped with a full stadium of fans and more money from ticket sales would help the club

In this regard it is a competition, you can only support the club by shouting the team on and by spending money on them. These gloryhunters do not help the club really

I agree, Ibrox would be a lot better if it was full week in week out. Unfortunately we can't force people to go and a lot of people can't afford or just plain can't be bothered.

Would you prefer it not to be a sell out?

No, I would prefer every game to be sold out

This game is not sold out because of the game. It is sold out because after the game Howard from the bank will give the team the trophy.

and as for the champs league next year even 1 massive side will force a sell out, I remember the year we got man utd and barca

Would you prefer it not to be a sell out?

No, I would prefer every game to be sold out

This game is not sold out because of the game. It is sold out because after the game Howard from the bank will give the team the trophy.

and as for the champs league next year even 1 massive side will force a sell out, I remember the year we got man utd and barca

howard work for clydesdale now?

also you say work etc, maybe more people dont work on a sunday?

the value for money isnt even there

We just won the league and theres moaning about the matchday experience being reason enough not to go? doh

Fuck knows what the attendance would be like if we were mid table somehow. After Celtic dominating Scottish Football recently, surely any Rangers fan would be happy to just get to Ibrox and see the team winning, and not really give a fuck about matchday experience.

I will be there :)

This will the first game I have been to at Ibrox where there is something at stake (apart form Aberdeen). Any other game I have been to has been against Hearts, St Mirren x2, Motherwell, Aberdeen, ICT, Dundee Utd and Hibs at a time of the season where nothing was happening but I will have the chance to see the trophy get presented in what could be Walter Smith's, Nacho Novo's, Kris Boyd's, David Weir's... last game at Rangers.

I will be up at 04:00 that morning, 07:30 boat from Belfast to Stranraer, bus from Stranraer to Ibrox and back home again for 23:00 and I cannot fucking wait!

Because in my opinion they are glory hunters.

The excuses of Work, Money etc etc are viable no doubt, but come sunday most people will conveniently get past these hurdles

I don't expect people with other commitments to show up week in week out but I know of a few people going on the final sunday who have not been there all season.

Not sure what my point is but I do feel some resent towards these people

I have missed one League away game this season (Tannadice replay) and missed one European game this season (Stuttgart, lost my passport) yet I would hate to think if I gave it up next season I would have people calling me a glory hunter?

Just because you go to the games doesnt make you a better supporter, infact there are a lot of absolute tools that follow Rangers.

Each to there own I suppose but if you judge people on the basis of coming out to see there team win thats pretty poor mate.

infact there are a lot of absolute tools that follow Rangers.

Correct (tu)

There are a number of people who go with us and they have no idea about football and couldn't name you 5 players. They see the chance to go for a piss up, they arrive in the ground 10 minutes after KO and leave at HT.

infact there are a lot of absolute tools that follow Rangers.

They see the chance to go for a piss up, they arrive in the ground 10 minutes after KO and leave at HT.

Do you know me? :beer1:

The pish served up at Ibrox, Parkheed, Pittodrie, Tynecastle leads to a frightening amount of men leaving early for a Beer.