McCoist admits younger players could get run out

Amac9

ALLY McCOIST admits Rangers may take the opportunity to introduce some new faces to their team this weekend at Dundee United.

With the league now won and the Arabs confirmed as the SPL's third-best side, the match at Tannadice has less meaning attached to it than it normally would.

According to McCoist, however, it will still be a meaningful exercise as it may allow Gers to give some youngsters some valuable first-team experience.

The assistant manager is still determined to finish with a flourish and wants the Light Blues to win in each of their last three outings before the summer.

But he also sees the worth in pitching in some inexperienced players for the sake of letting them sample first-team football.

Highly-rated Norwegian midfielder Thomas Kind Bendiksen was on the bench for the first time last week at Hibs and he is one of the kids who could feature on Tayside.

McCoist said: "It's easy actually to prepare the players for this one. The sign of good, championship-winning teams is how they come back and succeed again.

"People will say there's nothing to play for but that's certainly not the case as all and we will be going there to win.

"We haven't spoken about it at great length yet but there's every chance we might freshen things up a little.

We'll maybe bring in one or two faces and the situation we're in now gives us the chance to do that.

"I think it is important we finish the season on a high. Now that we've won the title, it would be nice to go through our last three games and win them all."

two people i wanted to see get a run out this season was Hemmings & Bendiksen, hopefully we get too see Bendiksen, i think Kane is out for the rest of the season.

Ye, would really like to see Bendiksen get a run out. Looks a good player!

would be happy with that aslong as lafferty is up top with him. i hate when a player gets his confidence and playing well then he is suddenly dropped. happened with Fleck last year im sure, was on a run of games, including the one vs Utd where we was superb, and then hardly seen him again.

Is Jamie Ness injured?

Injured in the cup final mate. Wylde picked up a bad knock too, tryed to run it off and ended up getting took off. Not too sure if he will be fit to play in the Utd game.

wouldnt mind seeing ross perry too.

Excellent opportunity to give the youngsters a game. With the pressure off it will probably help them perform better and give them a bit of confidence for future opportunities. Dundee United will probably do the same as they are confirmed as 3rd place.

if both get a game im fine with that, but i think i would rather see two new faces, we have seen them a few times over the last two seasons.

would like too see Wylde and Bendiksen come in, if Wylde got over that knock.