Managers Mail

Feeling Just Champion

IT was fantastic to win the SPL on Sunday and retaining the championship with our victory over Hibernian at Easter Road was something we all enjoyed.

We were delighted to get over the finishing line because it had seemed to take an eternity for it to finally happen.

For longer than we could remember, people had been telling us the title was ours but when you are involved in football you know it is never as simple as that.

There was still work to do and although Celtic applied a bit of pressure late on, our lads stuck to their task and deserved to come out on top.

We have enjoyed a lot of success in the three years or so since we came back to the club and to win six trophies over the period has been pleasing.

Of course, success is something Rangers are used to but after the difficulties the club has had recently, this season's league triumph was one of the sweetest I've experienced.

I would have thought it was beyond us to ask the boys to go and top the pile again this season after what they did last year.

But they fought hard and defied the odds, something we are absolutely thrilled about with three games of the campaign still to play. It has been very special.

We still have to get through our remaining fixtures and while it might seem as though there's little to play for, that's not how we are approaching it.

We have only lost two SPL fixtures all season and that's a terrific achievement the players are fiercely proud of so they are keen to ensure that remains the case.

Dundee United, Celtic and Motherwell stand in our way between now and the summer and they'll all want to get one over us.

But while we have been in celebratory mood over the last few days, it's time to show how professional we are and show everyone why we are the champions.

Walter Smith

:sherlock:

I'm quite happy to have a mix of youth and experience for today's game and motherwell next wk but we better field our strongest queens 11 against the tims which I'm sure he will. I think he's right in that we've lost 2 games all season, it cud be 5 if the players don't turn up on the next 3matches. this wud take the shine of the season a bit for me! Big kyle should defo retain his place up front and get a good run in the team IMO

Dundee United, Celtic and Motherwell stand in our way between now and the summer and they'll all want to get one over us.

well done sir,but if i was you,i'd put the under 17team against these teams,just to show them that the big boys are too high to reach

well done sir,but if i was you,i'd put the under 17team against these teams,just to show them that the big boys are too high to reach

not for the old firm game, too much pride at stake, full/strongest team must be fielded for this game

not for the old firm game, too much pride at stake, full/strongest team must be fielded for this game

(tu) correct mate!we'll beat them again,but this time with no pressure :):)