William Wilton First Manager

Was just thinking of him today as he died on the 2nd of May 1920. He was Rangers first manager and won 18 out of 18 matches in season 1898-99 when we won the title. He was also part of a special committee to oversee the move from Kinning Park to the new ground at Ibrox. He also insisted that Ibrox should have a running track where they held Rangers Sport and where many world records were set.

When he died his body was not found until the 25 of June and that was after he was lost overboard in heavy seas at Gourock. You wonder if the great man could imagine how big our club would grow, and to be known all over the world. I hope he is at peace wherever he is and i am sure he watches the games from up above with the rest of our Absent bears, and we owe this man a great thanks for his part in our clubs history.

Was just thinking of him today as he died on the 2nd of May 1920. He was Rangers first manager and won 18 out of 18 matches in season 1898-99 when we won the title. He was also part of a special committee to oversee the move from Kinning Park to the new ground at Ibrox. He also insisted that Ibrox should have a running track where they held Rangers Sport and where many world records were set.

When he died his body was not found until the 25 of June and that was after he was lost overboard in heavy seas at Gourock. You wonder if the great man could imagine how big our club would grow, and to be known all over the world. I hope he is at peace wherever he is and i am sure he watches the games from up above with the rest of our Absent bears, and we owe this man a great thanks for his part in our clubs history.

Great post mate.

Believe it or not the scum claim his death was no accident, and that Mr Struth was responsible.

They are beneath contempt.