Rangers could learn from Fulham

Listened to a programme on 5 Live yesterday where the Fulham fans were praising the pricing policy of the club during their Europa League campaign where the tickets were at least a tenner cheaper than Premier League matches (sometimes even cheaper than that).

As a result their crowds were good, the atmosphere was electric and many credited this with their success in the tournament.

If ever there was a lesson for Rangers this must be it.

Compare our crowds/atmosphere in Europe and subsequent performances and surely there must be a strong argument for a sensible pricing policy next season to fill the stadium at every game.

I feel a letter to Ibrox coming on.

The prices are definitely too high, but if we get Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea or Manchester United it will be a sell out anyway.

agree but say its stuttgart, villarreal the tickets could be maybe £15 and then for the big games like Barca Man united they could bump them up to about £20, ibrox would be full at that price

Would defintely agree with that. If we are to do anything in Europe Ibrox must be full. I've said on here before but one of the reasons why we were so poor was the lack of atmosphere in the home games. If you remember Smith's first spell in charge Ibrox was hardly ever full for Champions League games and we had a lack of success. Obviously I'm not saying thats the only reason but with the standard of player we have we need a fantastic atmosphere to intimidate the opposition and gave our players a lift.

The prices are definitely too high, but if we get Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea or Manchester United it will be a sell out anyway.

agree but say its stuttgart, villarreal the tickets could be maybe £15 and then for the big games like Barca Man united they could bump them up to about £20, ibrox would be full at that price

If only, how much is a game against Hibs? £23? Not a chance they would drop the prices to that amount.

Pricing struture this year wasnt too bad IMO. Crowds were still decent considering the economic climate, we were just unfortunate we never got 1 big team in the draw to sell out the 3 match packages. Get a big team next season and we'll have Ibrox full every game (tu)

Pricing struture this year wasnt too bad IMO. Crowds were still decent considering the economic climate, we were just unfortunate we never got 1 big team in the draw to sell out the 3 match packages. Get a big team next season and we'll have Ibrox full every game (tu)

Make each game £20 a ticket and we will have Ibrox full whoever the opposition is.

Fulham is a poor example to use.

Ticket prices in the Premiership tend to be a lot more expensive. I just had a look at prices for Fulham Stoke & tickets are anything from £20-50 so take ten quid off for the Europa League and generally the prices aren't actually too disimilar to the prices that our fans pay for tickets to games for a higher quality and level of competition in Champions League games.

I don't think the problem is the ticket cost. I think it was down to the fact that the teams we played just weren't glamorous enough for some of our fans to bother their arses.

Yeah but how much did a ticket actually cost?

To watch a top premiership side at Craven Cottage costs 50 or 60 quid, if Europa League prices were only a tenner cheaper than that then its not exactly value.

I think Champions League matches at Ibrox are quite fairly priced at around 35 quid a game considering an SPL match is around 27 quid.

We need to intimidate the foreign opposition at Ibrox and we cant do it with swathes of empty seats.

Failure to intimidate the opposition has little to do with empty seats. Most of the noise created at Ibrox these days is down to cries of "sit down" and the ensuing arguments.

I think you will find the cheapest EPL ticket at Craven Cottage is £25 in the restricted view section of the Johnny Haynes stand for a Cat C game (Burnley and Wigan).

Their Europa tickets were £15 - £20 for adults in the decent areas.

Result was good crowds, good atmosphere and good results.

I remember thread after thread after thread on here moaning about the costs of Euro games at Ibrox with many people not going as a result of the pricing structure.

We struggled to get over 40K at the CL games because of it.

We struggled to get over 40k because of the calibre of teams we played against.

Paying 15-20 quid for a ticket in the Europa league is fine when you are a club who don't compete in that arena very often and can rely on other sources of revenue.

The champions league games are a key source of revenue for us and at 30-40 quid the tickets aren't overpriced despite what people might think.

Dont remember poor crowds at any European nights - not price dependant ! Sorry we need as much money as we can get and only reason to bring the price down is if the stadium is regularily not full, which in our case it isn't.

Dont remember poor crowds at any European nights - not price dependant ! Sorry we need as much money as we can get and only reason to bring the price down is if the stadium is regularily not full, which in our case it isn't.

Well we only had 37K at Unirea and a load of them were soldiers who got in free.

If it hadnt been for away fans the Seville and Stuttgart games would likely have been sub 40K.

That must be demoralising for the players.

If three full stadiums spurs us on to one extra round then that alone plus the extra revenue in added extras which a full stadium brings would be worth it.

Plus we wouldnt feel ripped off.

Ticket prices in the Premiership tend to be a lot more expensive. I just had a look at prices for Fulham Stoke & tickets are anything from £20-50 so take ten quid off for the Europa League and generally the prices aren't actually too disimilar to the prices that our fans pay for tickets to games for a higher quality and level of competition in Champions League games.

I don't think the problem is the ticket cost. I think it was down to the fact that the teams we played just weren't glamorous enough for some of our fans to bother their arses.

Agree completely with this.

Paying 15-20 quid for a ticket in the Europa league is fine when you are a club who don't compete in that arena very often and can rely on other sources of revenue.

The champions league games are a key source of revenue for us and at 30-40 quid the tickets aren't overpriced despite what people might think.

Bang on with both posts (tu)

Have a look at the attendances for this season's matches then.

(tu) agree

Going by some of the comments on here its obvious the fans, players and management of Fulham are all wrong then and they should have charged £40 - £50 and played in a half empty stadium.

The atmosphere at the two Fulham games I saw against Juventus and Hamburg was 100% better than the euro games at Ibrox last season.

We had no problems with attendence for our UEFA Cup run.

We also slashed the prices in later rounds.

Comparing ticket prices for a premiership team and us is a ridiulous comparison, they can afford to do what they want as they get given over £30 million in tv money.