Koeman for Celtic?

Ronald Koeman has claimed that he is in the running to become the new Celtic boss.

Neil Lennon was placed in charge until the end of the season following Tony Mowbray's sacking in March.

A host of big names have been linked with the Parkhead position and now Koeman claims he is in the reckoning.

The former Dutch international was last in work earlier this season before departing AZ Alkmaar in December.

Option

"Its an option that I am thinking about very seriously," he told De Telegraaf about Celtic.

But Koeman, who has had previous coaching spells with Ajax, PSV Eindhoven, Benfica and Valencia, also says he has other options.

"There's more interest from right and left. I cannot mention names, but these are all foreign clubs.

"Within one week I hope to determine where I go."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6130877,00.html

lennon will be the new manager. They wasted £2m to get mowbray, wages for 6months and big pay off as well. They dont have the cash for a big name manager.

Decent manager, and has managed to win three league titles - didn't work for him at Benfica or Valencia, and he was horrific at AZ. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if he ended up at celtc, as he is nothing special.

He'll not end up there tho, too much of a risk for celtc.