Is lennon getting nervous

Ozblue

I aplogise if this is posted elsewhere, but I thought it was an interesting quote from gingernut in the Evening Tims.

Ronnie Cully

3 May 2010 Neil Lennon today joined the chorus of praise raining down on Walter Smith and his championship-winning side.

But the admiration for the job the newly-crowned Manager of the Year and his players have done this season will not prevent the interim Celtic boss from going all out to down them when they meet tomorrow night.

It's Lennon's chance to cement his claim for the permanent position in charge of the Hoops.

But he accepts they are facing a side who will be heading to Parkhead on a high and warned: "We're playing against the champions, and they are a very, very underrated team. They are a quality side, and this season they've always produced the results when they've needed them.

"They'll be coming here with their chests puffed out.

"I would not say they'll be arrogant. I've not seen that in Rangers at all this season. But they will be confident, and rightly so."

Lennon is delighted that his players warmed up for this game with a

4-0 demolition of Motherwell. But Rangers retained their 11-point lead at the top of the table with a 2-1 win against third-placed Dundee United at Tannadice.

Peter Houston's men have already defeated Rangers on Tayside this season.

But Lennon admitted he did not think the champions would take their foot off the gas this time around, even though the title is already in the bag.

He said: "That did not surprise me. They've been the most consistent team in the country by a mile this year."

Before finalising his line-up, Lennon will today check on the condition of Glenn Loovens, who is battling to recover from the hamstring injury which flared up once again during the win over Dundee United eight days ago.

If the Dutchman does not make it, Josh Thompson will again partner Darren O'Dea at the heart of the defence.

The pair were delighted to shut out Motherwell at the weekend, and O'Dea even managed to get forward to score his first goal in over a year.

The 23-year-old Irishman said: "It's the first time in my career I have played a run of 12 games, and I feel I can only get better as a player.

"Every game is a case of trying to prove yourself to Lenny and the fans."

Please, God, let Loovens be fit.

I'm with you on that one, BS.....and I REALLY hope he gets the fucking crap kicked out of him after what he did to Mo Edu, the dirty lying crunt that he is.

I'll be up at 4.30am all revved up for this one.:21:

makes a change...all thats come from over there so far is we won cause of the refs or Walters so called anti football...

I've listened to their shite for over 55 years, B.S.B. so it's nothing new from Paranoia Palace, the only thing that changes is the mouth that it comes from.After a while, you just get so used to it that there would be something definitely wrong if they DIDN'T have an excuse, so I just laugh at the shite they come out with.:lol:

hes bricking it as are the rest of the celtic team. They are absolutely DESPERATE for a win and i have a feeling they will be going all out attack. We need to keep it tight at the back and hit them on the break and we will win. About time we went through a season undefeated against the scum

I've listened to their shite for over 55 years, B.S.B. so it's nothing new from Paranoia Palace, the only thing that changes is the mouth that it comes from.After a while, you just get so used to it that there would be something definitely wrong if they DIDN'T have an excuse, so I just laugh at the shite they come out with.:lol:

I am bored reading that guys opinion every day. I Hate him and I hate his team. I hope we destroy them.

Don't think I could agree more with both of these posts (tu)

makes a change...all thats come from over there so far is we won cause of the refs or Walters so called anti football...

paranoia palace :lol: good one oz

Can't stand Lennon. But I will say this.

So far, he has simply spoken his mind and been pretty honest. So .. as far as that goes, I can't complain.

Will love to see his face tonight though after a comprehensive victory. He wants the job so bad.. it'll destroy him.

(Lennon)"I think we are due a bit of luck," Lennon said. "I don't think Tony Mowbray had any luck at all throughout the course of the season.

"And we want the referee to call the right decisions, to make sure he gets them right.

"I don't think there has been much between the teams."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8658459.stm

<cr>

(Lennon)"I think we are due a bit of luck," Lennon said. "I don't think Tony Mowbray had any luck at all throughout the course of the season.

"And we want the referee to call the right decisions, to make sure he gets them right.

"I don't think there has been much between the teams."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8658459.stm

<cr>

Was that quote from today mate? Is he banging on about the Refs now? ffs... And I just posted he was being honest etc.... ah well...

I want this win so bad, we really have to crush Lennon and his team of inbred t*rriers into the ground tonight, really proves why we're the best team in the league.

Really want to see us thump them tonight, even if it is a "meaningless" game. They desperately want this and no mistake; if they win, it's a huge confidence boost for them and Lennon and that will be a springboard for them for next season. Nip this in the bud, and do it with authority!