SDM and the Presidents Role

SDM as President  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Simple poll Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

No. His increased wealth and his knighthood have been achieved on the back of his association with Rangers. His time has been and gone. This is just the last act of an egomaniac who had a training ground named after him, despite all the Rangers greats who could have been honoured.

He was a self made millionaire before he even got interested in Rangers.

Hence, the word increased.

Point of fact Casey, in the 100 rich list his net worth has decreased this year. He borrowed 50-60mil (depending on what figures you believe) through one or two of his subsidery companies, which again on which report you believe will not have be paid back by Rangers.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that General C.Lee has just about summed it up correctly regarding The Mint.The people who are dead against this as yet unsubstantiated role/Title for SDM don't seem to realise the bigger picture that resulted from SDM taking control of our Club back in 1988 from Lawrence Marlborough.

Modern day Ibrox=World class stadium.

Murray Park=World class training facility.

World class players from all over the world playing for Rangers.

15 Titles.---9 Scottish Cups.---11 League Cups.--a UEFA Cup Final.

IMO, I think an honourary title is a small price to pay for the man who turned Scottish football on its head by the vision he had for our Club.

:lol: :lol: That has to be the most one sided view I have ever seen.

Yes, he deserves it. I'm awaiting the angry posts "explaining" why he doesn't deserve it. This should be fun :)

Edit: Will we have a sweep on the first poster to use the term "lapdog?"

I've given reasons above. Not enough?

How about the fact that not once, but twice, he gambled with our finances, spending money which we didn't have?

So you would have no problem with celtic having 5 in a row right now ?

The first gamble was far too large and money was spent that wasn't needed. the majority of money spent this time was needed 100% to get back on top of the filth. No one wanted to eb in this position but how else would you have gotten back on top ?

Maybe we did need to spend the money, but why not spend it before we got fucked out of Europe by Kaunas. He gambled, he lost and then he chased those losses because of the heat they were getting from the stands. There was no concern to the long-term damage that this could cause.

Just one more knee-jerk reaction from Murray.

We needed to sell cuellar to help fund it and we hadn’t done that by then.

The bottom line is we shouldn’t have needed to buy anyone to beat kaunus, let alone the amount we did. Sir David is not to blame for that, walter and especially the players are

Again i ask would you rather he didn't spoend that money and sellck won 4 or 5 in a row ?

Don't get me started on Walter and his players! :D

Cuellar was for the off no matter what. That was the reason he didn't play in the qualifiers.

Presenting as fact that without that spending we would have lost both league titles, does seem a tad presumptious. Sensible budgets are what I would prefer. Until we were forced into it, that scenario never existed.

Really?

You started a poll/thread on a subject which would obviously cause division, followed up with

This should be fun.

No I didn't :unsure:

Apologies. The similarities in the usernames fooled me.

Accepted mate, easy mistake to make. You just have to remember BP9 = handwringer, bp = not-handwringer :D

Written that down now! :D

No. His increased wealth and his knighthood have been achieved on the back of his association with Rangers. His time has been and gone. This is just the last act of an egomaniac who had a training ground named after him, despite all the Rangers greats who could have been honoured.

He was a self made millionaire before he even got interested in Rangers.

Hence, the word increased.

Point of fact Casey, in the 100 rich list his net worth has decreased this year. He borrowed 50-60mil (depending on what figures you believe) through one or two of his subsidery companies, which again on which report you believe will not have be paid back by Rangers.

There weren't many whose net worth increased, especially when they had borrowed heavily to invest in property and steel. As you have pointed out, it's not only Rangers who have suffered from his financial mismanagement.

Yes, he deserves it. I'm awaiting the angry posts "explaining" why he doesn't deserve it. This should be fun :)

Edit: Will we have a sweep on the first poster to use the term "lapdog?"

I've given reasons above. Not enough?

How about the fact that not once, but twice, he gambled with our finances, spending money which we didn't have?

So you would have no problem with celtic having 5 in a row right now ?

The first gamble was far too large and money was spent that wasn't needed. the majority of money spent this time was needed 100% to get back on top of the filth. No one wanted to eb in this position but how else would you have gotten back on top ?

Maybe we did need to spend the money, but why not spend it before we got fucked out of Europe by Kaunas. He gambled, he lost and then he chased those losses because of the heat they were getting from the stands. There was no concern to the long-term damage that this could cause.

Just one more knee-jerk reaction from Murray.

We needed to sell cuellar to help fund it and we hadn’t done that by then.

The bottom line is we shouldn’t have needed to buy anyone to beat kaunus, let alone the amount we did. Sir David is not to blame for that, walter and especially the players are

Again i ask would you rather he didn't spoend that money and sellck won 4 or 5 in a row ?

Don't get me started on Walter and his players! :D

Cuellar was for the off no matter what. That was the reason he didn't play in the qualifiers.

Presenting as fact that without that spending we would have lost both league titles, does seem a tad presumptious. Sensible budgets are what I would prefer. Until we were forced into it, that scenario never existed.

I disagree, I think it’s a 100% certainty that sellck would have walked the league if we had no davis, edu etc….

In principle we both agree, no way should we be in a position where we need to go 30 million in debt to stay ahead of the filth. We should have made more money in our uefa cup season and we should have, at least, been in the uefa cup the next which would have eased the burden but IMO we had to spend that money to compete, look how close the title was last season. I can't blame the chairman for making the decision he did when faced with a season without trophies and without european football.

Murray also allowed the media to pish all over our club and history.

What do you mean? Media House came out fighting any time a negative story came out...............against Murray or Bain.

Its just a shame they would not defend our fans, but right enough what chance have you got when Murray said that the scum fans were better than our own fans. :)

That's the point the Murray affectionados always "park" or sweep under the carpet before prostrating themselves in front of Suuuuuurrrrrrr David.

I think that General C.Lee has just about summed it up correctly regarding The Mint.The people who are dead against this as yet unsubstantiated role/Title for SDM don't seem to realise the bigger picture that resulted from SDM taking control of our Club back in 1988 from Lawrence Marlborough.

IMO, I think an honourary title is a small price to pay for the man who turned Scottish football on its head by the vision he had for our Club.

That just about sums it all up in one mate - well said.

Nice to give Murray all the credit but David Holmes started all of the above except Murray Park

I disagree, I think it’s a 100% certainty that sellck would have walked the league if we had no davis, edu etc….

In principle we both agree, no way should we be in a position where we need to go 30 million in debt to stay ahead of the filth. We should have made more money in our uefa cup season and we should have, at least, been in the uefa cup the next which would have eased the burden but IMO we had to spend that money to compete, look how close the title was last season. I can't blame the chairman for making the decision he did when faced with a season without trophies and without european football.

We can only guess at the outcome of the league had we not spent. It was the lack of forethought and his failure to stick to budgetary requrements which scunnered me.

He seemed loathe to spend when PLG arrived as he thought his managerial kudos would be enough and the Frenchman could work miracles. He seemed to take the same view after our UEFA Cup run. I could have handled that if he had stuck to it and tightened the belt to make up for Smith's debacle, but he chose to spend, spend, spend once more.

Nice to give Murray all the credit but David Holmes started all of the above except Murray Park

Hush, heretic! :D

Spot on. (tu)

Spot on. (tu)

He may have started them but rightly stood aside when he realised the current chairman could take us further, which he did. To give credit to holmes but grudge it to Sir David is pretty daft.

These holmites are all the same, coming out with pish like david holmes built our stadium with his bare hands, david holmes won us nine in a row etc etc.....give us a break.......

These holmites are all the same, coming out with pish like david holmes built our stadium with his bare hands, david holmes won us nine in a row etc etc.....give us a break.......

Point to one post that states the above.

Those that give credit for positives achieved pre-Murray are merely being historically accurate, something Murray and his fanbase don't much like.

No, I don't think that he should be given the title.

If the title is meaningless then what is the point? I would like to see a slimmed-down well-run club in the future with everyone involved playing a full part with no hangers-on.

He is unwilling to be a non-executive director at the moment so I fail to see what giving him the position would achieve.

It's a moot point anyway as I don't believe he would be willing to accept the position.

Really?

You started a poll/thread on a subject which would obviously cause division, followed up with

This should be fun.

No I didn't unsure.gif

:lol: - Take MY abuse like a man and leave me to watch the carnage!!

Your rep is trashed!! rolleyes.gif

To Caseyjones - I staretd the thread to keep it separate from the Ellis one - and surely the whole fun of a forum is split opinions!?

.. or the altenate viewpoint - took on the 'FTP' brigade to the long term benefit of the club and fanbase. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter!!

No, I don't think that he should be given the title.

If the title is meaningless then what is the point? I would like to see a slimmed-down well-run club in the future with everyone involved playing a full part with no hangers-on.

He is unwilling to be a non-executive director at the moment so I fail to see what giving him the position would achieve.

It's a moot point anyway as I don't believe he would be willing to accept the position.

Can I ask you if that means John Grieg should be stripped of his directorship and club position as that looks pretty 'Honourary' to me - but I think it was a decent recognition for his input to the club?