SDM and the Presidents Role

SDM as President  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Simple poll Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

Sir David Murray :praise:

I've grown up supporting Rangers with him at the helm.

And when i look at teams across the globe with Chairmen who don't care for the club and get them into allsorts of trouble then get out while they can; Sir David has always done what's best for Rangers, even at the expense of his other businesses. Never understood why fans hate him so much <cr>, it's not as if he hasn't been successful.. ?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man who's crippled our club, asset stripped it down to the bone, and failed to show any backbone against UEFA over TBB?

Anyone who votes yes is an utter joke, are you all blind or do you just fall for fools with money :sherlock:

:lol:

These comments have to be a wind-up. I didn't think there was any sand left these days for folk to stick their head in. Obviously i was wrong. How short people's memories are.

Thanks Sir David, thank you so much for financial mismanagement to such an extent that the bank had to step in and sort your mess out. What a legend you are. You've put your heart and soul into the club, oh yes.

Just a shame you were a coward when it came to defending our support from fervent media attacks and allowing UEFA to appeal their own decision and make an example of our superb away supporters.

Honestly, your sounding like pbq ub here, moaning about "the board" and all sorts.

This man has done great things for our club, gave rangers the ground they stand on now. He has poured his money into Rangers, so the club could be the Rangers we know today.

We would be in a much bigger mess/ not have won as much/ not have been as successful/ if somebody else was there.

This man, who loves the club just as much as a member of the "voice of ibrox" , is being told to "fuck off"...thats disgraceful. If anyone had their head burrowed in the sand it is you mate....youve obviously missed all the good he has don for the club.

"Gave Rangers the ground they stand on now......"

You'd of thought Davie actually built Ibrox brick by brick the way some on here talk about him!

Rangers existed before SDM, and despite his best efforts, we shall continue to do so when he is long gone :sherlock:

We never won anything until Davie arrived at our club.

.. and you've never enjoyed a match since he came 20 years ago, never cheered a league win, a cup win, or marveled at Laudrup, Gascoine, Hately etc ad infinitum; never wondered at the fact we have one of the best stadiums in the world (not all down to SDM but who kept the improvements going - and seated capacity increased); never enjoyed a win over Celtic in 20 years!!

I can see how long his tenure has been for you wacko.gif

It saddens and depresses me when i read informed and intelligent Bears say they see other Bears as lapdogs when using our great 9IAR years to defend SDM. My god those were the best years of our history (my opinion) and to hear 9IAR being demeaned as almost worthless because they happened under Murray's stewardship. Just for the AN POSTER to gain some petulant advantage in an argument, is scurrilous and should merit an immediate apology. I got an ban on FF for defending those glorious years in an almost identical argument when some clown who likened them too 9IAR=MURRAYITES=WORTHLESS. shocking!!!!

laugh.gif

These comments have to be a wind-up. I didn't think there was any sand left these days for folk to stick their head in. Obviously i was wrong. How short people's memories are.

Thanks Sir David, thank you so much for financial mismanagement to such an extent that the bank had to step in and sort your mess out. What a legend you are. You've put your heart and soul into the club, oh yes.

Just a shame you were a coward when it came to defending our support from fervent media attacks and allowing UEFA to appeal their own decision and make an example of our superb away supporters.

Honestly, your sounding like pbq ub here, moaning about "the board" and all sorts.

This man has done great things for our club, gave rangers the ground they stand on now. He has poured his money into Rangers, so the club could be the Rangers we know today.

We would be in a much bigger mess/ not have won as much/ not have been as successful/ if somebody else was there.

This man, who loves the club just as much as a member of the "voice of ibrox" , is being told to "fuck off"...thats disgraceful. If anyone had their head burrowed in the sand it is you mate....youve obviously missed all the good he has don for the club.

"Gave Rangers the ground they stand on now......"

You'd of thought Davie actually built Ibrox brick by brick the way some on here talk about him!

Rangers existed before SDM, and despite his best efforts, we shall continue to do so when he is long gone 10310.gif

Correct - we have had previous stewarship and are now moving on to new stewardship - that is the nature of the club, but considering his stewardship was 20 years he kept us moving, kept us competitive, kept us winning titles and did (IMHO) a decent job of his stewardship but hey ho, the King is Dead, long live the King!

It saddens and depresses me when i read informed and intelligent Bears say they see other Bears as lapdogs when using our great 9IAR years to defend SDM. My god those were the best years of our history (my opinion) and to hear 9IAR being demeaned as almost worthless because they happened under Murray's stewardship. Just for the OP to gain some petulant advantage in an argument, is scurrilous and should merit an immediate apology. I got an ban on FF for defending those glorious years in an almost identical argument when some clown who likened them too 91AR=MURRAYITES=WORTHLESS. shocking!!!!

Just for the OP to gain some petulant advantage in an argument, is scurrilous and should merit an immediate apology

.. err what exactly have I done that warrants an apology ?? I was the OP (an the OP) and a fan of SDM - how have you managed to interprt this otherwise ? Are you confusing me with a chap called Bluepeter ?? (We both disown eachother!! craphead2.gif ) Let me know

It saddens and depresses me when i read informed and intelligent Bears say they see other Bears as lapdogs when using our great 9IAR years to defend SDM. My god those were the best years of our history (my opinion) and to hear 9IAR being demeaned as almost worthless because they happened under Murray's stewardship. Just for the OP to gain some petulant advantage in an argument, is scurrilous and should merit an immediate apology. I got an ban on FF for defending those glorious years in an almost identical argument when some clown who likened them too 91AR=MURRAYITES=WORTHLESS. shocking!!!!

Just for the OP to gain some petulant advantage in an argument, is scurrilous and should merit an immediate apology

.. err what exactly have I done that warrants an apology ?? I was the OP (an the OP) and a fan of SDM - how have you managed to interprt this otherwise ? Are you confusing me with a chap called Bluepeter ?? (We both disown eachother!! craphead2.gif ) Let me know

Woah, woah, wait a minute! I'm on your side here, neither of us are doing what he's suggested here. Not sure who he's referring to, but it's neither of us! No wonder I disown you! :p20:

Sorry should have read 'an poster' i don't know my OP from poster :craphead:

Sorry should have read 'an poster' i don't know my OP from poster craphead2.gif

Aye that 'an poster' is a pain thanks goodness it wasnt the OP !! :lol:craphead2.gif

Woah, woah, wait a minute! I'm on your side here, neither of us are doing what he's suggested here. Not sure who he's referring to, but it's neither of us! No wonder I disown you! p20.gif

Sorry MY BAD to lazy to re-read the thread to see what you had said - just 'suggested' it may have been a confusion between us :lol: (They dont realise I am the good looking one! blush.gif ) hh.gif

Sorry should have read 'an poster' i don't know my OP from poster craphead2.gif

Aye that 'an poster' is a pain thanks goodness it wasnt the OP !! :lol:craphead2.gif

:D it's all good, this time i have not been banned (tu)

.. and you've never enjoyed a match since he came 20 years ago, never cheered a league win, a cup win, or marveled at Laudrup, Gascoine, Hately etc ad infinitum; never wondered at the fact we have one of the best stadiums in the world (not all down to SDM but who kept the improvements going - and seated capacity increased); never enjoyed a win over Celtic in 20 years!!

Of coarse i have enjoyed all the wins and players, but i also enjoyed great wins and players befor Murray arrived. He is the only man who has run us into the ground and let the bank take control. :)

Of coarse i have enjoyed all the wins and players, but i also enjoyed great wins and players befor Murray arrived. He is the only man who has run us into the ground and let the bank take control. :)

So the bank has got us the double and 2iar??? :rolleyes:

Well they did put up the money. ;)

do you REALLY believe that the bank are in control minst?

if that was the case, we would certainly have flogged a few others instead of just mendes in january there

the reason we havent spent any money in the last 2 years is down to 2 things

1 we havent turned a profit worthy of spending, i have an overdraft on my bank account, once i hit the limit, i cant spend anymore unless i put money back in, but the bank certainly doesnt run me, it just means i cannot do everything i want

2 we already have a more than capable squad for the SPL, and this has been shown with only 2 domestic losses so far this season,

ive actually said a few times that this whole "we havent bought a player in 18months" malarky has been great for the club, rather than having new people coming in every transfer window, we now have a settled SQUAD of players, and not just a settled first team

Well they did put up the money. ;)

Just been on to the local lloyds bank manager, he said he is going with Miller and Boyd up front, big laff starts on the left?? said Lemon is a wee bigoted chunt and SDM is deserving of life president...canny argue wae the man doh

Of coarse i have enjoyed all the wins and players, but i also enjoyed great wins and players befor Murray arrived. He is the only man who has run us into the ground and let the bank take control. smile.gif

.. and you will do so after he leaves - its just you NEVER seem to take any pleasure from Rangers (my view of your posts) craphead2.gifcraphead2.gif any way lets hope we are all having fun tonight

Although I think there is more deserving people for this honour, John Greig for a start, I can't really argue the David Murray also deserves to be offered it.