SDM and the Presidents Role

SDM as President  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Simple poll Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

I thought this was worthy of a poll but given that a Presdients role is mainly symbolic, that he has put a lot of money into the club, has served at the helm for 20, mainly sucessful years (lets not forget these last 2 championships are under his ownership as well and he brought Walter back!). Rangers have a history of treating their own well and I think he deserves this honour.

What say you?

:lol: You would!!!

I want rid, then again, If the position is purely in title, with no power and no input, and, on the flip side we are debt free and run well, its something I can put up with I suppose. If he has ANY influence in ANYTHING, then I am dead against it in every way. The man needs to go, and, get gone

(I am also currently shaking my head along with Minstral in regard to some of the replies)

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was worthy of a poll but given that a Presdients role is mainly symbolic, that he has put a lot of money into the club, has served at the helm for 20, mainly sucessful years (lets not forget these last 2 championships are under his ownership as well and he brought Walter back!). Rangers have a history of treating their own well and I think he deserves this honour.

What say you?

laugh.gif You would!!!

I want rid, then again, If the position is purely in title, with no power and no input, and, on the flip side we are debt free and run well, its something I can put up with I suppose. If he has ANY influence in ANYTHING, then I am dead against it in every way. The man needs to go, and, get gone

(I am also currently shaking my head along with Minstral in regard to some of the replies)

.. then again he took away YOUR song so you will never see the good in the man ! craphead2.gif

What say you?

I say you're fishing...or at the wind-up.

People forget that he gave us Souness and built the the stadium brick by brick. :(

Didn't he also win us the ECWC in 1972 whilst still a teenager?

And who can forget his dramatic 'Peace Process' interventions in the Middle East or how he knocked down the Berlin Wall with only a small pick axe.

What a guy - a legend. :rolleyes:

What say you?

laugh.gif You would!!!

.. then again he took away YOUR song so you will never see the good in the man ! craphead2.gif

Are you confusing me with WVB?

What say you?

laugh.gif You would!!!

Are you confusing me with WVB?

Oh god I hope not! I dont mind a bit of name-calling but would never demean anyone by stooping so low!! craphead2.gif

What say you?

I say you're fishing...or at the wind-up.

Nope - its a poll to see what people think: I note one 'David Edgar' in the papers this morning spouting off that the fans are up in arms about this (and I suspected someone would bump their gums against) but as the poll shows (if you take it as representative of Rangers fans) the magority are for it in a simple yes or no question. A few people shouting loud about how bad he is/was does not make a majority no matter how vocal they are!

Nope - its a poll to see what people think: I note one 'David Edgar' in the papers this morning spouting off that the fans are up in arms about this (and I suspected someone would bump their gums against) but as the poll shows (if you take it as representative of Rangers fans) the magority are for it in a simple yes or no question. A few people shouting loud about how bad he is/was does not make a majority no matter how vocal they are!

Do you think your poll of under 150 people is representative?

I'd imagine if you put the same poll on FF it's have at least ten times that amount voting and the split would be reversed. That does not make FF representative.

Do you think your poll of under 150 people is representative?

I'd imagine if you put the same poll on FF it's have at least ten times that amount voting and the split would be reversed. That does not make FF representative.

Hence why I ask the question "(if you take it as representative of Rangers fans) " or did youi conveniently miss that?

However I have run a few polls now where the threads seems to say one thing (Boyd must go and Smith must go are two I ran a while back - post count seems to show fans wanting them to leave poll showed exact opposite with bot getting over 80% wanting them to stay) and my main point is you cant form an opinion based on 'thread' perception alone - and a polll (even with 150 people which is a decent sample size) is more objective than not.

If you are on FF why not run a poll there and see what the difference is - I am quite interested but not enough to go do it?

:lol:

These comments have to be a wind-up. I didn't think there was any sand left these days for folk to stick their head in. Obviously i was wrong. How short people's memories are.

Thanks Sir David, thank you so much for financial mismanagement to such an extent that the bank had to step in and sort your mess out. What a legend you are. You've put your heart and soul into the club, oh yes.

Just a shame you were a coward when it came to defending our support from fervent media attacks and allowing UEFA to appeal their own decision and make an example of our superb away supporters.

The club debt was never out of control the bank stepped in because of the huge amounts of money SMD was losing in other markets in which he has interests.

This is FACT do not shrug it off and move onto something else. You cannot go around spouting this misinformed 'opinion' especially being a 'director' of a media outlet such as this which will be read and believed by many. You have a responsibility to the forum, and your club.

Its people like you who cause all this bitterness when something goes wrong and someone must be blamed.

However, he will be made an Honorary President despite your views which are felt by the minority. And rightly so.

Fucking chase yourself, i'll state my opinion if i wish to, titles on a football mean nothing to me so i couldn't care less if they do to to other people.

Our club debt was never out of control? Really? So being £110 million in the red was manageable was it? Murray is lucky that Alex McLeish and latterly Walter Smith were able to work wonders on a shoe-string budget otherwise his mistakes wouldn't be so conveniently ignored.

You think that he has defended the fans to the utmost during his tenure? Did he treat us all with the respect that our loyal followers deserve? No chance. In his own words we were just "Customers". Still, i'm sure he'll appreciate your loyalty to him despite it being unrequited.

I'm still waiting on one concrete positive that Murray brought to Rangers. So far i've been told he gave us Ibrox, got us to the UEFA Cup Final and won us 9 in a row and countless other titles. Despite not being responsible for any of them.

Is it dark down there the sand?

laugh.gif

These comments have to be a wind-up. I didn't think there was any sand left these days for folk to stick their head in. Obviously i was wrong. How short people's memories are.

Thanks Sir David, thank you so much for financial mismanagement to such an extent that the bank had to step in and sort your mess out. What a legend you are. You've put your heart and soul into the club, oh yes.

Just a shame you were a coward when it came to defending our support from fervent media attacks and allowing UEFA to appeal their own decision and make an example of our superb away supporters.

The club debt was never out of control the bank stepped in because of the huge amounts of money SMD was losing in other markets in which he has interests.

This is FACT do not shrug it off and move onto something else. You cannot go around spouting this misinformed 'opinion' especially being a 'director' of a media outlet such as this which will be read and believed by many. You have a responsibility to the forum, and your club.

Its people like you who cause all this bitterness when something goes wrong and someone must be blamed.

However, he will be made an Honorary President despite your views which are felt by the minority. And rightly so.

Fucking chase yourself, i'll state my opinion if i wish to, titles on a football mean nothing to me so i couldn't care less if they do to to other people.

Our club debt was never out of control? Really? So being £110 million in the red was manageable was it? Murray is lucky that Alex McLeish and latterly Walter Smith were able to work wonders on a shoe-string budget otherwise his mistakes wouldn't be so conveniantly ignored.

I'm still waiting on one concrete positive that Murray brought to Rangers. So far i've been told he gave us Ibrox, got us to the UEFA Cup Final and won us 9 in a row and countless other titles. Despite not being responsible for any of them.

..Err - He brough Walter Smith back! :lol:

Also, for example, he sanctioned the spending for Laudrup and Gazza etc. (that built up debt that he took care of once and is doing so again by finding a buyer for the club) - BUT I suppose you were to busy looking at the balance sheet and debt to enjoy what they brought to the park.

I particularily like your statement that titles mean nothing to you (assuming these are League Titles as the post says 'titles on a football'10310.gif ) then thats a strange staement?

Hence why I ask the question "(if you take it as representative of Rangers fans) " or did youi conveniently miss that?

However I have run a few polls now where the threads seems to say one thing (Boyd must go and Smith must go are two I ran a while back - post count seems to show fans wanting them to leave poll showed exact opposite with bot getting over 80% wanting them to stay) and my main point is you cant form an opinion based on 'thread' perception alone - and a polll (even with 150 people which is a decent sample size) is more objective than not.

If you are on FF why not run a poll there and see what the difference is - I am quite interested but not enough to go do it?

You didn't ask it as a question, the way your post was worded made it a proposition that we "take it as representative of Rangers fans".

I do not post on FF, not least because Dingwall didn't like me pointing out about him creaming off certain funds he shouldn't have. I have however seen enough polls on there to make the reasonable assumption that the vast majority of its posters would be against Murray being honoured with the title of Life President. Follow Follow is, sadly, a much larger forum than this one with a lot more posters and whilst I don't take it as representative it would have more right to such a claim than your poll.

laugh.gif

Our club debt was never out of control? Really? So being £110 million in the red was manageable was it? Murray is lucky that Alex McLeish and latterly Walter Smith were able to work wonders on a shoe-string budget otherwise his mistakes wouldn't be so conveniantly ignored.

..Err - He brough Walter Smith back! :lol:

Also, for example, he sanctioned the spending for Laudrup and Gazza etc. (that built up debt that he took care of once and is doing so again by finding a buyer for the club) - BUT I suppose you were to busy looking at the balance sheet and debt to enjoy what they brought to the park.

I particularily like your statement that titles mean nothing to you (assuming these are League Titles as the post says 'titles on a football'10310.gif ) then thats a strange staement?

That should of read football forum, of course you knew that though.

Wow, the greatest achievement of David Murray was to bring a willing Walter Smith back to Rangers after his previous manager flopped. :lol: Incredible, really incredible.

He may have sanctioned the spending for the likes of Laudrup and Gazza but he also sanctioned the spending for the likes of Flo.

He got us out of the mess he created, did he? How very nice of him. Lets not mention the two occasions where he resigned as Chairman when the going got tough and appointed two other Directors to take the flak. Like i said, he is very lucky that McLeish and Smith were good enough managers to work with no money.

You didn't ask it as a question, the way your post was worded made it a proposition that we "take it as representative of Rangers fans".

I do not post on FF, not least because Dingwall didn't like me pointing out about him creaming off certain funds he shouldn't have. I have however seen enough polls on there to make the reasonable assumption that the vast majority of its posters would be against Murray being honoured with the title of Life President. Follow Follow is, sadly, a much larger forum than this one with a lot more posters and whilst I don't take it as representative it would have more right to such a claim than your poll.

OK so your feelings about what the fans want are better than a poll ? Interesting! Are you David Edgar?

OK so your feelings about what the fans want are better than a poll ? Interesting! Are you David Edgar?

You seem have a cognitive disconnect.

I have seen plenty of polls on FF about Murray over the years to have a good stab and offer the view that a poll would come out heavily against Murray receiving such a title. I do not post on FF and as such do not have a post count that would enable me to activate a poll on that site.

Obviously you disagree and think the much larger FF forum would bring home a poll result in line with your very small sample.

To think follow follow is representitive of the rank and file of rangers fans is crazy.

It is run by someone who had there press pass removed from them by Sir David and he has been attacking him ever since, pro Murray posters are banned from follow follow very quickly so a poll on there would prove nothing.

I would be interested to see season ticket holders polled on that question i would wager most would be for the title.....

You seem have a cognitive disconnect.

I have seen plenty of polls on FF about Murray over the years to have a good stab and offer the view that a poll would come out heavily against Murray receiving such a title. I do not post on FF and as such do not have a post count that would enable me to activate a poll on that site.

Obviously you disagree and think the much larger FF forum would bring home a poll result in line with your very small sample.

a cognitive disconnect !! You win! Your right! I must be holding 2 different viewpoints simulatneously (spelling). To think polls are more representative of view than feelings and that FF might agree with the poll - hardly polar disconnects but I'll just go with my gut feeling and say he deserves the honour and leave it there!

How can anyone defend Murray when he has left us in the biggest mess in our history. For someone to nearly put the club out of business, he should be ashamed to show his face at Ibrox ever again. But then again the Murray babies will always defend him as they believe all his bullshit that he has fed them.

a cognitive disconnect !! You win! Your right! I must be holding 2 different viewpoints simulatneously (spelling). To think polls are more representative of view than feelings and that FF might agree with the poll - hardly polar disconnects but I'll just go with my gut feeling and say he deserves the honour and leave it there!

You miss the point entirely. I do not think your poll is representative and I do not think a poll on FF would be representative either regardless of the result.

There is a reason under 18s don't have the vote and a very good argument as to why the uneducated and low IQ amongst us shouldn't have the vote either.

I'm all for polling the fans about this but I'd like to see it done in such a way where both sides of the argument are put in a clear and cohesive way as to why he should or should not receive the title over and above having a training ground named after himself. The amount of ignorance around Murray, what he has and hasn't done and where the Club was before his arrival is breathtaking.

To think follow follow is representitive of the rank and file of rangers fans is crazy.

It is run by someone who had there press pass removed from them by Sir David and he has been attacking him ever since, pro Murray posters are banned from follow follow very quickly so a poll on there would prove nothing.

I would be interested to see season ticket holders polled on that question i would wager most would be for the title.....

You get banned for lots of things on FF!

as for the poll, if you added in 'don't know/don't care' as a possible answer, I would think that it would be the winner.

You get banned for lots of things on FF!

You’re telling me…. :lol: