is the world cup going to be a big let down this year?

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Plus, has anyone actually seen what the pitches are like recently?

The pitches won't be that bad but no doubt a lot of countries will use it as an excuse but you won't hear the winner moan at all about it.

Im soo looking forward to it. A big summer of sport, a few beers while watching the world cup. The hype, i love it lol. England being in it is a good thing. The TV coverage will be much better.

We can judge the state of the pitches once the tournament starts but what I am looking at now is the countries and players that will be on show.

This will be one of the most star studded World Cups there has ever been. From Messi to Ronaldo, Drogba to Eto'o, Rooney to Kaka. Not to mention the amount of young and fairly unknown players that will be on show that we'll have to keep our eye on. IMO, this has the potential to be a great World Cup. Spain may be favourites but there at least 5 or 6 teams who have a genuine chance of winning it.

No European team has ever won a World Cup outside of Europe....will that change this year?

The pitches won't be that bad but no doubt a lot of countries will use it as an excuse but you won't hear the winner moan at all about it.

Im soo looking forward to it. A big summer of sport, a few beers while watching the world cup. The hype, i love it lol. England being in it is a good thing. The TV coverage will be much better.

yes haha, this.

I love it so much too,. Getting really excited and stuff. I'm probably going to go full-homo and get a big wallchart to put up on the wall with blu-tac. And relive childhood memories of trying to write on it with a biro, constantly stabbing it through the paper cos it's over shitty wood-chip wallpaper :pipe:

tbh i only really watch games that we are involved with, i dont mind the CL if its on tv, but i wouldnt go out my way 2 see it, the WC is no different, i might watch a few games when it gets to the semi/quarter finals, before that i couldnt give a fuck, on the question though, yes it will be a let down, south africa = :anguish:

With the world cup being in south africa what times will the games be at time wise over here

I may be wrong but I think games are on at 12.30pm, 3.30pm and 7.30pm over here.

I'm just worried about the lack of fans.

The football won't be that poor, will it?

Athletes shouldn't use altitude and climate as an excuse...

I know i read the other day that they were really struggling to sell tickets <cr>

That is fucking ridiculous. It's a world cup! I'd kill to watch a few matches in the flesh. if only it wasn't so far away, that's the problem

Germany and South Korea/Japan were complete let downs!

2002 was a farce in terms of the refereeing, with many officials just gifting decisions to the hosts!

2006 started well, first game was awesome (Germany game, Lahm scored that scorcher). But after the group stages it was pretty poor, only the Mexico Argentina game, the France Brazil and final were that great! Too many teams with old squads and the football really suffered as a result.

I think this will be one the best world cups ever! Mexico usually produced the best world cups, and I think the culture shock of SA will give us another classic finals!