Wilson bid

AdzKyle

According to todays papers, Liverpool are set to up their bid to a minimum of £2m! What a joke. A player of his age & potential in England would go for close to £10m without a second thought.

I wish people wouldn't come out with this.

We don't play in England and neither does Wilson so how on earth are we in a position to demand a Premiership-esque fee for him?<cr>

Say we went after Lee Griffiths. Would we be expected to pay 5 million because that's what he'd cost if he played in England? Would we bollocks.

2 million is a pretty decent opening offer when you consider his contract situation. Another milion or so and we will have got a very good deal, especially when you consider that we could end up getting nothing for him in a years time

Where a player plays should have no difference on his price. Because Gary Caldwell moved to the premiership for £1m, does that now make him a £5m player?!

£2m is NOT a good offer, i would happily take £3m plus a small percentage of a sell on clause.

Off course it makes a difference.....If we see a player playing for Dumbarton that we think could replace him do you think we would offer £3 Million?

Wilson is a first team player next season.

Unless he's only to be used as cover for Webster and Weir/McCulloch/Papac at CH.

Wilson isn't cover for McCulloch, as has shown when Boogie or Weir is out Wilson is brought in, McCulloch only played in defence because Wilson is also injured. Next season he could be cover for Webster/Weir/Bougherra depending on who is still at the club, but, if both Bougherra and Weir were to leave Wilson would have a good chance of being a first time regular even though I would expect another experienced defender to be brought in.

According to todays papers, Liverpool are set to up their bid to a minimum of £2m! What a joke. A player of his age & potential in England would go for close to £10m without a second thought.

I wish people wouldn't come out with this.

We don't play in England and neither does Wilson so how on earth are we in a position to demand a Premiership-esque fee for him?<cr>

Say we went after Lee Griffiths. Would we be expected to pay 5 million because that's what he'd cost if he played in England? Would we bollocks.

2 million is a pretty decent opening offer when you consider his contract situation. Another milion or so and we will have got a very good deal, especially when you consider that we could end up getting nothing for him in a years time

Where a player plays should have no difference on his price. Because Gary Caldwell moved to the premiership for £1m, does that now make him a £5m player?!

£2m is NOT a good offer, i would happily take £3m plus a small percentage of a sell on clause.

At this moment in time no it doesn't, but if Caldwell proves himself as being capable at that level against better players then yes, his value will increase.

To say where a player plays should have no relevance or effect on his price is simply laughable. If we used that theory then every tom, dick and harry would be moving for stupid fees.

With hindsight 3 million might go on to look like a poor fee to sell him for, but right now it would be good business, especially if the sale allows us to keep hold of one of our really key players i.e McGregor, Bougherra, Davis or Miller.

I'd rather take £3m for Wilson than sell our first team players.

Exactly.

Unless he's only to be used as cover for Webster and Weir/McCulloch/Papac at CH.

Although unlikely, if our current squad remains in tact next year then Wilson can and probably will start as fourth choice behind Weir, Bougherra & Webster.

If he wants to go then let's let him and let's get another youngster into the squad and look to develop him instead.

I'd rather take £3m for Wilson than sell our first team players.

Exactly.

Although unlikely, if our current squad remains in tact next year then Wilson can and probably will start as fourth choice behind Weir, Bougherra & Webster.

If he wants to go then let's let him and let's get another youngster into the squad and look to develop him instead.

With those CB's mentioned we would definitely need to keep Wilson or find a replacement if he does leave. I dont see any way that Weir can play 40+ games next season and Webster is quite injury prone. McCulloch is not the answer at the back.

I totally disagree about this getting rid of them business if they don't sign a contract by a certain time rubbish, what is the point in that, if he doesn't want to sign a new contract at this moment in time then that's up to him, if an offer comes in for him and Rangers accept the offer then Wilson can make up his own mind about what he wants to do.

There are other issues at the club which need to be rectified first before the club start worrying about improving contracts, and the first issue (apart from a buyer), is getting a management team signed up properly on a new contract, second most important thing is getting those out of contract, who are still wanted, signed up to new contracts and then worry about those players whom we want to extend their contracts.

Wilson is a young lad who isn't being rushed into anything, and that is his right, he also has to recover from his recent injury and make sure there are no further problems with that, then he should decide on a contract offer or not, but it's his right and his right to take his time about it.

I totally disagree with that viewpoint.

If Wilson is not prepared to sign a new contract and stay with us then there is no way we should have him in the team next season to develop him for another team to take off us for nothing next summer. I've said it before, if he doesn't want to play for us then he can frankly fuck off and if no-one comes in for him in the summer he can rot for a year til he leaves. We shouldn't be getting fucked around by anyone let alone a young lad whose been on the scene five minutes.

I don't know who advises Danny on such matters but if he goes to Liverpool it would be a very risky move that could destroy his career.

Liverpool are at the centre of a takeover situation and could also be changing manager soon and apart from anything else there's no way he's gonna get in their side. Apart from money it would be a stupid move.

Right now he's at a club that has developed him, is playing for the league champions, has the opportunity to play in the champions league, is making a good reputation for himself and is working under a manager that has shown great faith in him.

Now do you honestly think he'd give all that up ? If he does he is a stupid young lad and will live to regret it. IMO he's going nowhere.

I totally disagree about this getting rid of them business if they don't sign a contract by a certain time rubbish, what is the point in that, if he doesn't want to sign a new contract at this moment in time then that's up to him, if an offer comes in for him and Rangers accept the offer then Wilson can make up his own mind about what he wants to do.

There are other issues at the club which need to be rectified first before the club start worrying about improving contracts, and the first issue (apart from a buyer), is getting a management team signed up properly on a new contract, second most important thing is getting those out of contract, who are still wanted, signed up to new contracts and then worry about those players whom we want to extend their contracts.

Wilson is a young lad who isn't being rushed into anything, and that is his right, he also has to recover from his recent injury and make sure there are no further problems with that, then he should decide on a contract offer or not, but it's his right and his right to take his time about it.

I totally disagree with that viewpoint.

If Wilson is not prepared to sign a new contract and stay with us then there is no way we should have him in the team next season to develop him for another team to take off us for nothing next summer. I've said it before, if he doesn't want to play for us then he can frankly fuck off and if no-one comes in for him in the summer he can rot for a year til he leaves. We shouldn't be getting fucked around by anyone let alone a young lad whose been on the scene five minutes.

So you would cut your own nose of to spite your face? First of all none of us truly knows the ins and outs of his contract details, we don't know what discussions have taken place and we sure don't know what is going on in his mind.

With this mentality then we shouldn't have played Boyd as soon as he didn't put a pen to paper with a new contract offer because he hasn't signed, apart from that you don't know if he does or doesn't want to play for us, I know I sure as hell don't, but he has a right to think carefully about what he wants to do and to decide what he thinks is right for him.

If he is still a player with us next season without having signed a new contract and we have a defender crisis are you saying he shouldn't be played even though whoever is brought in might be even less experienced or a worse defender, and we end up losing an important game, would you be happy with that?