Lets talk about Fortune's goal

Boab

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexander should have came and punched/claimed the ball. That close to his goal no matter who gets a touch on it, if it goes goal bound the keeper has almost no chance of stopping it. Sad to say, but for the first time I can remember, Alexander was at fault

Whittaker was caught out of position which meant McCulloch had to move across one, which meant Weir moved onto marking Keane and Smith had to come round and mark that piece of shit. Smith was never going to beat Fortune in the air but IMO Alexander should have done a lot better.

Failure to stop a cross coming in once again!

I don't watch the tims, but my cousin watches a lot of football and says that his arms are the most important part of his game. He was calling him the human octopus the whole game. So it was no surprise he had his arm outstretched and his hand over smiths neck/face to stop smith jumping for the ball. It was a clear foul.

Alexander should have been out for it though.

Eez got over-developed elbows way aw his spear-throwin

Strange how so many posters on here saw Fortune's hand in Smith's face stopping him for jumping at all, yet neither the ref or his assistant didn't.

It was obvious watching the game and quite a few decisions go against us that it was not going to be our night.

But who cares we are the champions again. :21::21:

It was a foul on Smith.

I shouted that about a million times during the game, no one seemed to agree.

I was going to ask that this morning, about the foul. Maybe Fortune had a hand on him?

I think the Ref didn't want to give anything too controversial all night, Lee was an obvious Red.

1. it was a foul , hand in the face and stopping wee stevie jumping properly

2. Alexander should ahve flattend the pair of them end off.

Agree 100% with No.2 but I do think that, although left horribly isolated, Smith should've been stronger in the challenge.

i still think mcgregor would have got both of them, but shit happens, we lost and they won when it didnt matter, were the champs, big jock knew

No way McGregor would have got the first. It was a deflection into the bottom corner! No keeper would have got that as they would have moved left in the direction of the ball.

For me, it shows the difference between Smith and Papac. Even if Papac couldn't jump for the ball, his experience as a centre-back means he'd do all within his power to stop Fortune getting a clean header on the ball.

But aye, you'd expect Alexander to come out, take the ball and knock them about like ten-pins.

It was a foul, and when i watched the Ref chalk off a goal in the Man City game for something similar i am more convinced.

That was Ledley King's header right? I thought the exact same thing as you. If that one was disallowed then Fortune's should have been disallowed as well.

When I seen the immediate replay, I said 'Why was McCulloch wondering to the full-back position?' and still think he was largely at fault for leaving Stevie Smith to compete in the air.

And Davis needs to remember also to help out his full-back as Whittaker was aloe but that's not me being hypocritical as McCulloch should have been in his own position.

Should Neil have claimed it better or handled the header better?

dont think the ifs and buts matter here and i am not going to shoot alexander but i think he should have been claiming it(6yrd box is the keepers to dominate) but hey we all make mistakes and from what i can remember thats one of the very few he has made for us