McArthur to join Wigan

Hoody

Apologies if this old

Source

According to reports Hamilton Academicals midfielder James McArthur is set to reject a move from Rangers FC in favour of a move south of the border.

BBC Sport claims the youngster is preparing to snub his boyhood club.

The 22-year-old has been a long-term target of Wigan Athletic boss Roberto Martinez who has recently brought him to the DW Stadium for a trial.

Accies boss Billy Reid said: "I've got a wee inkling of where he'll go, but I don't want to comment on it now.

"I think he will certainly go down south. He has earned the move.

"He has served his apprenticeship with me and his level of consistency this season has been fantastic and it is all credit to James."

Views?

His loss as far as I'm concerned, if this is true

He can't reject a move to us if we haven't actually bid for him...

:lol: that thought actually crossed my mind as well, a bit of news speculation once again seeing that there is nothing to say we have tried to buy him.

Exactly!...I was scratching my head and thinking I had got fucking Alzheimers disease or something because I could never remember seeing ONE story from Ibrox saying that we had put a bid in for him.doh

People are saying they aren't bothered but in a years time we will have the same people going on about how we should have signed him :rolleyes:

yeah after every game he gets a goal :craphead:

I actually rate this lad and a source at Douglas Park told me that he was earmarked for Ibrox last January but, as everyone and their Granny knows, we didn't have the bish-bosh and it fell through.

The lad is a good bluenose too and the fact that I know his uncle (another staunch bluenose of Dennistoun fame) is neither here nor there to this tale.

James will only get better and I for one hope that this is just another BBC-led piece of pish.