No new buyer then one season of drastic cuts then?

nvager

If we have no takeover and we make more cuts by selling players and others leaving what would be the end result?

Present debt say 25m less [profit from next season including CL money =12m] debt now = 13m less transfers out [ say Boogie + McGregor total sale price 10m] = net debt of 3m or so maybe down to zero.

Would that be worth it to have a debt free club.

We could still put out a team of Alexander, Whittaker, Webster, Wilson/Weir, Papac, Davis, McCulloch, Edu, Thomson, Miller and Lafferty.

Would WS stay on in those circumstances? Maybe but not certain.

As we seem to have an agreement with Lloyds about the management of the debt being paid at £1 million a year (apparently), I really do not see this scenario being played out, and if that was to be the case then I believe Walter would walk.

No disrespect to the OP, but it's this type of scenario which keep appearing in the press about our debts which started the scaremongering in the first place causing all sorts of panic as things were blown out of proportion from every angle.

I also believe that some funds will be made available to strengthen the squad with or without players being sold.

I agree it is speculation, but in the event of no takeover it would be one season and most if not all of the debt gone. In any event it would appear that we will be much better off financially after next season no matter what and that is certainly good news.

It would be no bad thing - we would still have the largest or second largest (at worse) budget for players in the SPL, enough to remain competitive and even win it - and self sustainability has to be plan B (With plan A a 'well funded' takeover) and self sustainability MUST be the long term goal anyway (IMHO)

Just read that Liverpool have just announced a years loss which is more than our average turnover from the last 2 seasons and their debt is 7 times that turnover and around 12 times our debt.Whoever manages them next season will still have a massive transfer budget.

I think the main thing for Rangers was cutting the operating costs. Now that we've done this and are making a profit we are in no way, shape or form in trouble. We'll pay back the loan as agreed and operate under the new business model with a budget for transfers come the new season. Buyer or not, we'll be fine.

As we seem to have an agreement with Lloyds about the management of the debt being paid at £1 million a year (apparently), I really do not see this scenario being played out, and if that was to be the case then I believe Walter would walk.

No disrespect to the OP, but it's this type of scenario which keep appearing in the press about our debts which started the scaremongering in the first place causing all sorts of panic as things were blown out of proportion from every angle.

I also believe that some funds will be made available to strengthen the squad with or without players being sold.

if we only need to service the debt by 1m ayear? surely this is manageable so why do we constantly get the doomsday scenario ????

Walter will only stay if He can improve the club n players

(tu) Walter has said as much.

Running with no money for players would put us in second or even lower in the SPL next season.It would be asking the impossible of Walter.

We should strive for so much more than that.

I agree it is speculation, but in the event of no takeover it would be one season and most if not all of the debt gone. In any event it would appear that we will be much better off financially after next season no matter what and that is certainly good news.

At what cost though?

No silverware. Pumped in the SPL by a shite Celtic team? :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

If we don't get a buyer the bank has to back us or get boycotted.

Time to stand up to the pen pushing bankers. The ones who put us in the recession that contributed to the economic shambless our club, indeed the whole of Britain is in!

The cost of a season paying off most/all of the debt would be a struggle to win the SPL. After that season though we could begin to plan for a better future with better players.

At what cost though?

No silverware. Pumped in the SPL by a shite Celtic team? :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

If we don't get a buyer the bank has to back us or get boycotted.

Time to stand up to the pen pushing bankers. The ones who put us in the recession that contributed to the economic shambless our club, indeed the whole of Britain is in!

So far lloyds haven't done us any harm,what is it about the million a year payback plan that is frustrating people, if lloyds stick to this plan we are not in as much trouble as the scaremongering mhedia would have is believe. Every transfer window the micks are salivating over fire sales which have never happened and it looks like there will be new signings this summer, when we sell a good player who doesn't want to leave [unless its a silly offer] then its time to worry, chill bears, it's gonna be three in a row!

if we only need to service the debt by 1m ayear? surely this is manageable so why do we constantly get the doomsday scenario ????

Because headlines like "Rangers to pay back £1million pound a year to the bank" dosent sound as good as "40 days to save Rangers" "Administartion avoided by 1 vote" etc It's to sell papers. How many stories ouwith the Daily Record regarding takeovers/fans/banks/fire sales/adminstration have came true? The record broke the Ellis story and surprisingly from them we havent had much scaremongering!(spelling lol)