Is Bougherra being sold?

Just mentioned in the other thread I started on McGregor that Boogie will be missing for the final match of the season, probably, officially through injury, but this will be the third game on the bounce after we've won the league that he will be missing.

Does this mean that it is more than likely he is going to be sold over the summer and possibly a fee has already been agreed with another club?

I do have a strong feeling that he will be leaving us, even though I hope there has been no official bid or agreement already made as I would like him to have a good world cup and get us more money from him.

Realistically I can see him being sold for around £5 million, even though I feel we should insist on nearer the £8 million mark, especially if he has a good world cup.

It seems very likely that Bougherra will be sold. In his interview at the POTY awards last week he said, 'We are champions and I have done my job for the team but the manager knows I have to be careful with the WC coming up and that is what I am focusing on.'

Ideally I would like Bougherra to stay as we are much more solid with him in the team and we miss his rampaging runs when he is out of the team but that is the problem, he is out of the team far too often. He misses too many vital games and for a regular starter that is not good enough. In his 2 years at the club he has missed 5 OF games, 2 cup finals and CL games and not to mention his AWOL antics.

If we can get around £6m for him in the summer I would let him go as he cannot be relied on to play 30+ games a season.

Bit off topic but wikipedia says he's only played 48 games for us. <cr>

Though he'd played alot more.

I guess it's not been updated properly, that's the amount of games he played for us up to the end of 2009, doesn't include however many games he's played for us this season.

the guy has got a world cup coming,give him a rest,,,,he's done his job for the season,he has won 2 titles for the club what more can you ask for?i bet he'll come back again next season stronger than ever,and we will all be cheering:BOUGHYYYYYYYYY :wink:

the guy has got a world cup coming,give him a rest,,,,he's done his job for the season,he has won 2 titles for the club what more can you ask for?i bet he'll come back again next season stronger than ever,and we will all be cheering:BOUGHYYYYYYYYY :wink:

No he hasn't.

He's played a part. A relatively significant part, but he's played over 25 games less than 40 year old Davie Weir in the last two seasons.

No, the team has won two trophies, there is a saying that no one player is bigger than the team, it could be argued that it was a mixture of Boyd and Miller who won us the league due to the amount of goals they've scored.

In the league, and possibly overall, Danny Wilson has played more games this season than Boogie, so it could be argued that he's had more of a hand in us winning the league than Boogie.

The guys done his job for the season hes only played 20 odd games missed 3 out of 4 old firm games went awol coming back from international games personally I think if we get offered £6 million we should accept it

Tbh the more shit I read here, the more I want to sell him.

Plus as I've said in other threads I'm sure walter already has someone in mind to replace him, since he replaced cuellar that replaced hutton.

Plus as I've said in other threads I'm sure walter already has someone in mind to replace him, since he replaced cuellar that replaced hutton.

Cuellar didn't replace Hutton, Broadfoot/Whittaker replaced Hutton, can't actually remember who played centrally for us now prior to Cuellar wasn't it Ugo or sometimes Dailly?

Cuellar didn't replace Hutton, Broadfoot/Whittaker replaced Hutton, can't actually remember who played centrally for us now prior to Cuellar wasn't it Ugo or sometimes Dailly?

You sure the gap between hutton leaving for spurs and cuellar coming in was that big?

Algeria don't pay his wages, Rangers and ultimately we the fans do. I don't pay to see him playing in the WC, I pay to see him playing for Rangers. That is his job.

You sure the gap between hutton leaving for spurs and cuellar coming in was that big?

Both of them were with us at the beginning of the 2007-2008 season, if I remember correctly Hutton left in January and Cuellar left at the end of the season/after the CL qualifiers when we didn't qualify for the CL.

Algeria don't pay his wages, Rangers and ultimately we the fans do. I don't pay to see him playing in the WC, I pay to see him playing for Rangers. That is his job.

true ^^

the player do what he thinks better for him, and none else.

poor man, he struggles through all this club and nationnal team stuf, lets hope he make a good world cup so rangers could have its bills :beer1:

He loves his country, now the leagues won, don't see a problem with resting him if thats what we're doing, can see boogie staying for another year and if not i'm pretty sure sir walter knows how to find a good centre back, chin up, we're the fucking champions ,!

The guys done his job for the season hes only played 20 odd games missed 3 out of 4 old firm games went awol coming back from international games personally I think if we get offered £6 million we should accept it

Yup, I'm a bit fed up of how many games he's been missing. He's definitely a quality player and I've always wanted him to stay on but I'd rather sign a new defender or bring on the youths if he's going to miss as many games again next season.

Nobody knows anything for a fact and a lot of people jump on the "get him to fuck" bandwagon to easily. Bougherra has had a very questionable season, but injuries can't really be avoided. I would be very surprised if Walter is making sure he is ok for the WC. If Bougherra was fit enough to play he would be playing.

Saying that he has treated our club with contempt a number of times this season. Doing it once is one time to many. Bougherra needs to take a long hard look at himself regarding his priorities. He is very passionate about his country, nothing wrong with that. He needs to remember what Walter has done for his career though. Charlton reserves was it?

Nobody knows anything for a fact and a lot of people jump on the "get him to fuck" bandwagon to easily. Bougherra has had a very questionable season, but injuries can't really be avoided. I would be very surprised if Walter is making sure he is ok for the WC. If Bougherra was fit enough to play he would be playing.

Saying that he has treated our club with contempt a number of times this season. Doing it once is one time to many. Bougherra needs to take a long hard look at himself regarding his priorities. He is very passionate about his country, nothing wrong with that. He needs to remember what Walter has done for his career though. Charlton reserves was it?

very sensible thouths.

Bougherra sure owe Walter, but you need to know that nothing but his skills did bring him at Ibox

very sensible thouths.

Bougherra sure owe Walter, but you need to know that nothing but his skills did bring him at Ibox

Yes Bougherra was signed due to his talent, I am trying to make the point that if Walter hadn't signed him where would he be? Would ha have played in the Champions League? I don't think so. He needs to remember these thing when packing his passport.

very sensible thouths.

Yes Bougherra was signed due to his talent, I am trying to make the point that if Walter hadn't signed him where would he be? Would ha have played in the Champions League? I don't think so. He needs to remember these thing when packing his passport.

yup, he would probebly not play the Cjampions league but who knows, in any rate, I'm sure the big guy know how to thank, how to give back, how to command respect :rolleyes: