***PreMatch Analysis*** Rangers versus Motherwell

nvager

Rangers versus Motherwell at Ibrox Stadium on Sunday May 9, 2010. Kick-off 1:30 PM. This is the last game of this season.

Time for a celebration. We are champions and the SPL trophy will be awarded to us on Sunday after a hard fought campaign. Let us finish this season in style with a win over Motherwell.

A full house is expected and all of us can enjoy this great occasion. Winning the title was huge and sets us up for a great financial boost next year. We can forget the financial woes and takeover talk and just enjoy the day.

Walter has Papac back at left back, but McCulloch misses out due to the undeserved red card (second yellow) he received against Celtic on Tuesday. Walter may not play Thomson and Boyd in order that they do not go over the points limit and receive suspensions at the start of next season's campaign. With the title in hand there is no reason to take that risk. Injury would appear to rule out McGregor, Bougherra and Wilson.

The team then is likely to be Alexander, Whittaker, Broadfoot, Weir, Novo, Davis, Edu, Naismith/Fleck, Miller and Lafferty.

I would like to see Wylde, Ness, and some other youngsters get some time on the pitch too, but with Walter it has not happened as yet. Still it would be nice to see.

This is a day to enjoy and everyone should have a smile on their face today irrespective of the result although a few goals going in the M'well net would certainly add to the occasion.

A great season for Rangers under difficult circumstances and really one for the history book.

I think it is likely that we will get a whole bunch of good news over the next several weeks and that will keep the smiles on our faces the whole Summer.

I feel very optimistic about the future of Rangers and no matter what happens in the East End of the city I firmly believe we will be on our way to three in a row next season and in a much better financial situation too.

Until next season - have a wonderful Summer and that goes for Rangers FC too!!