Danny Kops it

Danny Kops it

By ROBERT GRIEVE

Published: 08 May 2010

DANNY WILSON will seal his dream switch to Liverpool in the next week.

SunSport understands the Kop giants will table a fresh bid for the Rangers superkid after their first move was knocked back last week.

And skint Rangers boss Walter Smith will be forced to give up his fight to hang on to the £3million-rated defender.

Liverpool last week offered £1.5m plus a glamour testimonial at Anfield as they tried to lure Wilson south.

Gers insisted they wouldn't part with the 18-year-old stopper on the cheap.

But Wilson has made it clear he does not plan to sign a new Ibrox contract - and Anfield insiders believe the deal will be done after the final day of the season tomorrow.

We exclusively revealed in February the Premiership outfit were leading the chase to sign Scotland's Young Player of the Year as they begin a rebuilding programme.

Tottenham were also keeping tabs on Wilson's situation, but have now conceded defeat.

Snaring the Scotland Under-21 starlet is regarded as a major coup at Anfield.

Wilson will be handed a bumper wage rise and the promise of a chance to make the grade among English football's elite.

Kop boss Rafa Benitez wants Wilson to sign this summer so he can have three years at the club before the age of 21.

That would allow him to be regarded as 'homegrown' in the eyes of UEFA for future Champions League tournaments.

New UEFA rules demand competing teams have a certain percentage of players who were developed by the club.

Meanwhile, Gers boss Smith revealed he'll forge ahead with the bank's Plan A limited spending budget if Gers don't find a buyer by the end of next week.

Businessman Andrew Ellis is still in the frame to take over the cash-strapped SPL champions.

And Smith hopes any buyout would hand him a bigger transfer kitty for new players.

However, the Gers gaffer is fearful no takeover deal will be done and he has revealed he can't wait forever before starting to revamp his squad.

Six players could be on their way out of the club after tomorrow's final league clash with Motherwell and Smith has identified possible replacements.

He said: "The situation is just the same at the present moment.

"But that is not the club's problem, if you follow me.

"That is the least of the problems, when you consider what we have to prepare for in the coming season.

Advertisement

Click to learn more...Quantcast Quantcast

"I hope we have a clearer picture, within the next week or so, on which of the paths we're taking.

"As long as we know which one it is, that's the main thing.

"I've not been able to do a great deal of planning, so that's a little logistical problem we have to get over.

"We've been doing enough in the background to keep us up to speed with what we need and what we want - effectively what we can get.

"Although our scouting department was cut back fairly dramatically, we've still been active in that area and we have a fair idea of some of the targets we would want for next season."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2964840/Danny-Kops-it.html

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will believe it when I see it. As if Benitez has any time left at Anfield, also this story is from a paper which hates us big time and does all it can to do us down. It beggars belief that bears buy that rhag and the daily rhetard as well.

Still a small chance we might be able to hang onto him for a few more years, but lets be honest we were never going to hold onto him for the long term.

Time to realize this is part of the reason Murray Park was made for, It's following the Ajax blueprint.

Yawn...

Rafa Benitez's future is unclear, as is Liverpool's, as a club. I doubt they will be making any signings just yet!

£3m rated player - by who :unsure:

£1.5m plus a 'glamour testimonial' - glamour? Liverpool are shit, their stadium is a dump...

Yet more pish written by the mhedia.

If he thinks there are bigger clubs than The Rangers, let him go, in 6 months we'll have forgotten the cunt anyway.

Good luck being the new Carlos Cuellar,you piece of shite. :pipe:

No club on earth could tempt me away from Ibrox if I was good enough. Any cunt that wants to leave is no better than our traitor ex-captain who fucked off to Blackburn in 2004.

If he thinks there are bigger clubs than The Rangers, let him go, in 6 months we'll have forgotten the cunt anyway.

Good luck being the new Carlos Cuellar,you piece of shite. :pipe:

No club on earth could tempt me away from Ibrox if I was good enough. Any cunt that wants to leave is no better than our traitor ex-captain who fucked off to Blackburn in 2004.

1. Fuck you. Cuellar is a legend and is 10x better than Wilson so if he's the new Carlos Cuellar, explain to me how this is a bad thing?

2. Fuck you. Barry Ferguson is a legend. Traitor my fucking arse. You're the traitor if you speak so lowly of Rangers legends.

A glamour testimonial? For who? Carragher? Gerrard? No thanks.

And why is there suddenly a cut in the offer? For weeks £3m has been spouted now it's halved?

I don't believe any of this shite.

1. Carlos Cuellar is not a legend!

2. Barry Ferguson turned his back on Rangers for the might of Blackburn. Maybe not a traitor, but he made his bed and should never have been brought back.

2. Barry Ferguson turned his back on Rangers for the might of Blackburn. Maybe not a traitor, but he made his bed and should never have been brought back.

1. Notice how I clearly said "Rangers legend" when speaking about Barry Ferguson and just "legend" when speaking about Carlos Cuellar. To me, he's the best defender Rangers have had since Richard Gough, so he's a legend to me, I accept he isn't a Rangers legend though

2. So if we sold Messi to Barcelona, you wouldn't want him back? Birthday card pish. If he's good enough, he's good enough. Barry realised he made a mistake by leaving and came back and the rest is history!!!!

Him leaving shouldn't rubbish his talents and his contributions towards Glasgow Rangers.

I don't want any ex player or manager back at the club. And before you post some shite reply, it's been my opinion long before this forum even started!

DANNY WILSON will seal his dream switch to Liverpool in the next week.

SunSport understands the Kop giants will table a fresh bid for the Rangers superkid after their first move was knocked back last week.

I HATE that.

He will seal his "dream" move, implying it WILL happen. But then say it's understood there will be a bid, and it's understood Rangers will accept it.

What a load of balls.

1. Notice how I clearly said "Rangers legend" when speaking about Barry Ferguson and just "legend" when speaking about Carlos Cuellar. To me, he's the best defender Rangers have had since Richard Gough, so he's a legend to me, I accept he isn't a Rangers legend though

2. So if we sold Messi to Barcelona, you wouldn't want him back? Birthday card pish. If he's good enough, he's good enough. Barry realised he made a mistake by leaving and came back and the rest is history!!!!

Him leaving shouldn't rubbish his talents and his contributions towards Glasgow Rangers.

Barry realised he had flopped big time down south and scurried back up to Scotland with his tail between his legs.

Barry realised he had flopped big time down south and scurried back up to Scotland with his tail between his legs.

Was that after he was made captain then broke his ankle ya fuckin tosser