Danny Kops it

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago we were all wanting the club to follow the Ajax/PSV model and maximise our potential in the transfer window.

Presuming that the deal for Wilson is £2m up front with another £1m in bonuses, it would mean that we've sold our two best youth products from Murray Park (Danny and Alan Hutton) for almost £12m.

That truly is the Ajax/PSV model in full flow.

Yep said this on the 1st page about the Ajax blueprint, time we realized this is part of the reason Murray park was build. (tu)

A few years ago we were all wanting the club to follow the Ajax/PSV model and maximise our potential in the transfer window.

Presuming that the deal for Wilson is £2m up front with another £1m in bonuses, it would mean that we've sold our two best youth products from Murray Park (Danny and Alan Hutton) for almost £12m.

I'll just sit back and watch the European trophies come flooding into our trophy room then! :D

Aye, don't mind that analogy at all, but they get a lot of use of them (years) before seeing them on their way.

Hutton, 6 months and Wilson, a season.

How much did Liverpool pay Ajax for Babel?

Aye, don't mind that analogy at all, but they get a lot of use of them (years) before seeing them on their way.

£12 Million

Was it no over £10 million :unsure:

1. Carlos Cuellar is not a legend!

2. Barry Ferguson turned his back on Rangers for the might of Blackburn. Maybe not a traitor, but he made his bed and should never have been brought back.

1. Notice how I clearly said "Rangers legend" when speaking about Barry Ferguson and just "legend" when speaking about Carlos Cuellar. To me, he's the best defender Rangers have had since Richard Gough, so he's a legend to me, I accept he isn't a Rangers legend though

2. So if we sold Messi to Barcelona, you wouldn't want him back? Birthday card pish. If he's good enough, he's good enough. Barry realised he made a mistake by leaving and came back and the rest is history!!!!

Him leaving shouldn't rubbish his talents and his contributions towards Glasgow Rangers.

Barry realised he had flopped big time down south and scurried back up to Scotland with his tail between his legs.

Was that after he was made captain then broke his ankle ya fuckin tosser

Is there really any need doh

1. Carlos Cuellar is not a legend!

2. Barry Ferguson turned his back on Rangers for the might of Blackburn. Maybe not a traitor, but he made his bed and should never have been brought back.

1. Notice how I clearly said "Rangers legend" when speaking about Barry Ferguson and just "legend" when speaking about Carlos Cuellar. To me, he's the best defender Rangers have had since Richard Gough, so he's a legend to me, I accept he isn't a Rangers legend though

2. So if we sold Messi to Barcelona, you wouldn't want him back? Birthday card pish. If he's good enough, he's good enough. Barry realised he made a mistake by leaving and came back and the rest is history!!!!

Him leaving shouldn't rubbish his talents and his contributions towards Glasgow Rangers.

Barry realised he had flopped big time down south and scurried back up to Scotland with his tail between his legs.

Was that after he was made captain then broke his ankle ya fuckin tosser

Is there really any need doh

Ex-captain Neds' family are a tad protective of him. :lol:

With Rafa's future in serious doubt I dont see why Liverpool would be signing anyone just yet. New manager(if there is one) will have his own targets

If that's the case then why did Liverpool sign Jonjo Shelvey about a week ago.?

Didnt realise they had signed him.

Decent prospect that they got for a good price

For the people in here saying that they'd NEVER leave Rangers for any club - really easy to say that when hiding behind a computer screen.

I wouldn't leave at Wilson's age though.

For the people in here saying that they'd NEVER leave Rangers for any club - really easy to say that when hiding behind a computer screen.

Thats the only thing thats annoying me about it, if he was 21, 22, and racked up the appearances and winners medals in that time, along with being on a large contract, we would be getting a bucket load for him... Its the fact that, in his breakthrough season, a season he expected to get little or no game time in, has seem him get a few appearances, have some assured performances, and all of a sudden is apparently shirking at signing a new contract and feels the need to leave the club <cr>

Danny Wilson is a tim, he comes from Livingston, not a big place so if someone makes it to the Rangers first team it's big news. He went to St Margarets Academy around the corner from me in Howden, Livingston. I play in a Football team with many of his friends, who tell me he is a die hard Celtic fan, apparently even has a tim tattoo on his leg

He's a good player, let him go down south for 5 years and struggle to break into the Liverpool first team, probably end up at Celtic

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Didn't realise it was that funny

Danny Wilson is a tim, he comes from Livingston, not a big place so if someone makes it to the Rangers first team it's big news. He went to St Margarets Academy around the corner from me in Howden, Livingston. I play in a Football team with many of his friends, who tell me he is a die hard Celtic fan, apparently even has a tim tattoo on his leg

He's a good player, let him go down south for 5 years and struggle to break into the Liverpool first team, probably end up at Celtic

Got a wee feeling you might have just added that part in so we would believe you :sherlock: .

Aye mate cause that's what I'd do, try my absolute hardest to prove that one of our players is a Celtic fan when he's not really.

Believe what you like, I don't mind. I know the truth and that's all that matters I guess :)

he doesn't have a celtic tattoo ya daft arse.... :lol:

I didn't say he did? I said "Apparently he does"

I'm not daft, I don't hear something and think ohhh dat must be soo troo! It's been rumoured he has a Celtic tattoo that's all I said.

I don't really mind if the boys a Celtic fan, he's a quality defender and I do not have anything against him. Just clearing it up for anyone who doesn't believe he is

So what are you saying? If you, a Rangers man through & through, were playing at Rangers, you'd consider leaving for A.N.Other FC?

It is REALLY easy to say what I said, because it's a fact. I'm not hiding behind a computer screen, take your journalists notepad to my door & I'll repeat it. Hell, take a TV crew. :pipe:

Got a wee feeling you might have just added that part in so we would believe you :sherlock: .

Aye mate cause that's what I'd do, try my absolute hardest to prove that one of our players is a Celtic fan when he's not really.

Believe what you like, I don't mind. I know the truth and that's all that matters I guess :)

You're a disgrace then !

So what are you saying? If you, a Rangers man through & through, were playing at Rangers, you'd consider leaving for A.N.Other FC?

It is REALLY easy to say what I said, because it's a fact. I'm not hiding behind a computer screen, take your journalists notepad to my door & I'll repeat it. Hell, take a TV crew. :pipe:

Not until I'd achieved every realistic aim I had with Rangers, no.

Think about the lads in our squad just now that have been to the UEFA Cup final, played in the Champions League, won the league, League Cup and Scottish Cup during our worst 'financial run' in recent history.

How can they ever top that? If they do it again when we're relatively rich, they'll get told that it wasn't as big an achievement as when they done it when they were skint.

I can't understand Wilson leaving. He'll be getting £8k-£10k more a week at Liverpool, perhaps that's why, but it's clearly too early. If I was being offered better money after I'd won everything I could at Rangers, I'd perhaps consider going out on a high though.

Spending a few years in Spain, Italy or Germany as a Rangers icon with a full trophy cabinet isn't the worst way to go.

This image just popped into my head:

2vl192e.jpg

Realistically, I'd want to spend every minute of my career with the club I loved, then be a coach at said club, and eventually manage us.

Or i might piss off to Blackburn and show myself up as a twat. :craphead:

Wilson can go fuck himself, like Cuellar. Neither will be remembered as Rangers Legends.

Realistically, I'd want to spend every minute of my career with the club I loved, then be a coach at said club, and eventually manage us.

Wilson can go fuck himself, like Cuellar. Neither will be remembered as Rangers Legends.

I'm sure that "twat" was made captain of Blackburn.

Defender Danny Wilson is expected to agree a move from Rangers to Liverpool in the next seven days.

The 18-year-old has just over a year left on his contract and had turned down the new deal on offer to him.

Liverpool had a previous bid turned down but have returned with an improved offer in the region of £2m plus add-ons that Rangers have deemed acceptable.

The Ibrox club stood to lose the player for around £500,000 in compensation had he not been sold this summer.

Wilson, who made his debut in October, was recently voted PFA Scotland young player of the year, having made over 20 appearances - two in the Champions League - and scored once this season.

Injury ended his campaign prematurely, but he will leave Ibrox with winners' medals from Rangers' Scottish Premier League and Co-operative Insurance Cup triumphs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8669988.stm

I'm sure that "twat" was made captain of Blackburn.

Captain of The Rangers

Captain of Blackburn Rovers

Go Compare. :wink: