Danny Kop's off with Benitez

It's some terrible news for the Rangers faithful today as the Sun newspaper has revealed that potentially the best prospect to have come out of Murray Park, Danny Wilson is to move on this week to Liverpool.

It is believed that a fee in the region of £2million with future add ons has been agreed after an alleged £1.5 million fee with a friendly against the Liverpool side knocked back last week.

View the full article

The BBC is carrying the same story on their website, so it looks as if he will go now instead of seeing out the last year of his contract, if this story is true.At least we will get something in return for him,which is better than him running out his contract and going for nothing.

I would have preferred that he stayed for another 3-4 years and seen him develope, but if he goes, then he goes.I still think he is going far too early in his career but it's his choice.I still remember young Peter Marinello going to Arsenal and can't help feeling this move to Liverpool could possibly end up the same way, but I wish the kid all the best in his career.

Maybe I'm hoping against hope here, but until I hear or see something official from Rangers or Liverpool, its nothing more than tabloid gossip.