Day of mixed emotions for me

Just as the title says, yesterday was a mixed day for me.

It was amazing to see us pick up another title trophy and see the players and fans have fun in the sun, but it was also my last game at Ibrox for a while due to not being able to afford to next years season ticket.

Even had a wee tear in my eyes as i left the ground, been in the same seat for years and years.

Anyway thats my personal view on yesterday, whats other peoples?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted for ya Pal, Chin Up, Fantastic way to remember the boys til you next can afford a ST :21:

Cheers mate, been going since i was 7 now 31 ha no idea what i will do on a Sat now.

You'll probably go to the games and get a ticket outside for half the price mate, don't worry. I was planning getting my ticket back next season, but (a) I'm busy with family shit at the weekends & (b) Ibrox is dead compared to the place I knew. Will be Euro aways and a few midweek domestic aways for me this time.

End of the day, a Bear is a Bear whether he is at Ibrox or not. It comes from within. Chin up.

Gutted for ya Pal, Chin Up, Fantastic way to remember the boys til you next can afford a ST 21.gif

Cheers mate, been going since i was 7 now 31 ha no idea what i will do on a Sat now.

You'll probably go to the games and get a ticket outside for half the price mate, don't worry. I was planning getting my ticket back next season, but (a) I'm busy with family shit at the weekends & (b) Ibrox is dead compared to the place I knew. Will be Euro aways and a few midweek domestic aways for me this time.

End of the day, a Bear is a Bear whether he is at Ibrox or not. It comes from within. Chin up.

00000042.gif

GFG you will miss it mate, but with money being tight for alot of folk just now then you wont be the only 1 having to give it up!

emotional day for me

i thought of my dad who who took me to my first ever game and has now past away

and i thought of my son whom i took to his first ever game

i wish they were both with me yesterday

but after lifting the 53rd title

it truly shows

we simply are THE PEOPLE :21:

Gutted for ya Pal, Chin Up, Fantastic way to remember the boys til you next can afford a ST :21:

Yeah always a Bear.

Gutted for ya Pal, Chin Up, Fantastic way to remember the boys til you next can afford a ST 21.gif

00000042.gif

GFG you will miss it mate, but with money being tight for alot of folk just now then you wont be the only 1 having to give it up!

Yeah i know mate, just hope somebody else has half the fun and enjoyment from my old seat as i have had.

emotional day for me

i thought of my dad who who took me to my first ever game and has now past away

and i thought of my son whom i took to his first ever game

i wish they were both with me yesterday

but after lifting the 53rd title

it truly shows

we simply are THE PEOPLE :21:

Good post mate, i always was thinking about my granpa that is no longer with us, he was always a big Gers man.

00000042.gif

Yeah i know mate, just hope somebody else has half the fun and enjoyment from my old seat as i have had.

The sad truth is, they probably WILL have half the fun, then a third, then a quarter, then none. The stadium is horrible on matchdays now, like a funeral.

00000042.gif

The sad truth is, they probably WILL have half the fun, then a third, then a quarter, then none. The stadium is horrible on matchdays now, like a funeral.

So true again WVB, bearing in mind i started going around 94 so i cant comment on before that, but since PLG and in all honesty before him under Mcleish Ibrox was in a steady decline. Why cant the last 5 mins of yesterday be like that every game but for at least 45 mins of a game than just the last 5 mins of the last home game of the season?

Im honest enough to admit i dont do home games anymore, mostly as i play saturday afternoon, but when i spend my £24/25 quid on a ticket i want to enjoy my day out. Unless im in the broomie next to TBO then i hear fuck all for 90 mins bar people moaning. Ive tried all the singing myself malarkey and got thrown out of the Man city friendly so that just put me off altogether

Another title for the gers, but i agree with WVB that the atmosphere is gone. At one time the place would be bouncing when it was presentation day, and my son came home from the game and said its not the same anymore. He said that when you try to sing people just tell you to sit down and be quiet. Iam afraid that the old Rangers has now gone and all we have left is the memories.

I have renewed my ST but im thinking of getting a refund and just going to the away games

Dont blame you bud

It's shite the only singing comes from tbo. I stand up and start to sing and everybody looks at me like there is something wrong with me <cr>. The songs start well the last for about 10 seconds then die!

I have renewed my ST but im thinking of getting a refund and just going to the away games

im pretty sure they wont let you have a refund.

How ? The season hasn't even started yet

Yeah, but we have cunts running/ruining our club.

I hate to say it but yesterday was a disappointment in that the atmosphere at times was dire. Ok, we had already won the league but you would think that there would have been a lot more noise. I was there 10 years ago when we got trophy presented against Dundee and the place was bouncing. I mean when you consider the season we have had when we have been up against it many ways, you'd think there'd be more noise being made. Gutted for you though GFG just hope your seat goes to someone who'll make the most of it.

Dont blame you bud

It's shite the only singing comes from tbo. I stand up and start to sing and everybody looks at me like there is something wrong with me wacko.gif. The songs start well the last for about 10 seconds then die!

Its woeful mate. I loved nothing more than going to Ibrox but as ive said i got kicked out for calling Shay given a F*nian. Then i had a daft cow of a steward try to throw me out. So i said to her "How can you throw me out, do you know what it means" To which she replies "no but its banned from here" So as the debate rambles on some so called Rangers fans start there "just leave" or "stop saying things like that, its not her fault" Back in the day when stewards or police went into the crowds to throw someone out people would do the bouncy infront of them, or try stop them coming through.

I just wish it was like it was even under Advocaat or at the start of Alex mcleish's reign

the old Rangers has now gone and all we have left is the memories.

Great memories though. And every now and then it can be great again....

Manti the away support is fantastic, but at Ibrox there is something wrong for some reason.

Yeah, but we have cunts running/ruining our club.

True! But if i don't want my season ticket then i'm not going to get fucked about aff those arseholes. I'll be getting my £205 back regardless!