Day of mixed emotions for me

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have renewed my ST but im thinking of getting a refund and just going to the away games

Dont blame you bud

It's shite the only singing comes from tbo. I stand up and start to sing and everybody looks at me like there is something wrong with me wacko.gif. The songs start well the last for about 10 seconds then die!

Its woeful mate. I loved nothing more than going to Ibrox but as ive said i got kicked out for calling Shay given a F*nian. Then i had a daft cow of a steward try to throw me out. So i said to her "How can you throw me out, do you know what it means" To which she replies "no but its banned from here" So as the debate rambles on some so called Rangers fans start there "just leave" or "stop saying things like that, its not her fault" Back in the day when stewards or police went into the crowds to throw someone out people would do the bouncy infront of them, or try stop them coming through.

I just wish it was like it was even under Advocaat or at the start of Alex mcleish's reign

It's actually shocking how 50,00 bears can be out-sung by about 100 well fans for parts of the game :(. Never been to an away game so looking forward to it :D

the old Rangers has now gone and all we have left is the memories.

Great memories though. And every now and then it can be great again....

Manti the away support is fantastic, but at Ibrox there is something wrong for some reason.

Much prefer going to away games, sticks in the craw that my money is going to other clubs but its much better, you get more singing, folk you can have a laugh and some banter with so much more friendly and the bus up to the games is a more enjoyable journey than my walk to the ground along Shieldhall Road! I dont know what it is with Ibrox at times, but its very underwhelming at times and its a crying shame when you consider the history of the ground and also as well, the fact as stadiums go, its pretty fucking good in terms of design. What can be done though? Fcuk knows but for me, going to see my team in a stadium I love should be a more enjoyable experience than it is.

I have renewed my ST but im thinking of getting a refund and just going to the away games

Dont blame you bud

It's shite the only singing comes from tbo. I stand up and start to sing and everybody looks at me like there is something wrong with me wacko.gif. The songs start well the last for about 10 seconds then die!

Its woeful mate. I loved nothing more than going to Ibrox but as ive said i got kicked out for calling Shay given a F*nian. Then i had a daft cow of a steward try to throw me out. So i said to her "How can you throw me out, do you know what it means" To which she replies "no but its banned from here" So as the debate rambles on some so called Rangers fans start there "just leave" or "stop saying things like that, its not her fault" Back in the day when stewards or police went into the crowds to throw someone out people would do the bouncy infront of them, or try stop them coming through.

I just wish it was like it was even under Advocaat or at the start of Alex mcleish's reign

It's actually shocking how 50,00 bears can be out-sung by about 100 well fans for parts of the game sad.gif. Never been to an away game so looking forward to it biggrin.gif

The away fans are ammense mate. Dont know how many of them actually go to home games. Few of the guys i know are bannedph34r.gif .

Just another quick point, when i see buses on the way to the game they always have people going nuts and bouncing around on them, what happens the minute they go through the turnstiles?

to many people see going to ibrox as a hobby/something to do for me, and not for the love of supporting the team. Watching and hearing the fans at our game, and then turning it over to watch chelsea, and hearing their fans. The difference was massive, and we had almost 10,000 more fans inside our ground.

the old Rangers has now gone and all we have left is the memories.

Great memories though. And every now and then it can be great again....

Manti the away support is fantastic, but at Ibrox there is something wrong for some reason.

Much prefer going to away games, sticks in the craw that my money is going to other clubs but its much better, you get more singing, folk you can have a laugh and some banter with so much more friendly and the bus up to the games is a more enjoyable journey than my walk to the ground along Shieldhall Road! I dont know what it is with Ibrox at times, but its very underwhelming at times and its a crying shame when you consider the history of the ground and also as well, the fact as stadiums go, its pretty fucking good in terms of design. What can be done though? Fcuk knows but for me, going to see my team in a stadium I love should be a more enjoyable experience than it is.

Mister C your correct mate, the design of the stadium insures a great atmosphere can be had. The UCL this year tho003.gif never has European nights been so quiet. I know the results but there was no buzz at any of the 3 games

Well instead of moaning do something about it. Join one of the fan groups and help us out.

I found it absolutely bizarre that a support who managed to orchestrate a perfect silent protest (fuck knows what we were protesting) for 85 minutes suddenly burst into song for the remainder of the game, despite the two late goals.

Full stadium singing the same songs, supporting the team.

Which shows that all of you guys who make excuses for not singing don't have a leg to stand on because the entire stadium found its voice to a man. I expect you all to be doing the same from the first whistle next season to the last. Because you proved it can be done if the fans were interested.

to many people see going to ibrox as a hobby/something to do for me, and not for the love of supporting the team. Watching and hearing the fans at our game, and then turning it over to watch chelsea, and hearing their fans. The difference was massive, and we had almost 10,000 more fans inside our ground.

I dare say the fans at that game were going that bit more crazy than usual because not only did they have to win the game to take the title, but also the fact they were humping their opponents! One game this season where the atmosphere was fantastic was the 7-1 win over Dundee Utd. Maybe thats a factor, who knows, also remember Chelsea havent won the league for 4 years. I just think though that due to the league already being won, it took a lot of edge off the game.

People keep saying to me to stop living in the past. But when i see the modern day Rangers, i prefer to remain in the past with my memories of all the good times following the club that i love.

Tbh i think the main reason the atmospher is crap at times is the football we are watching.

Yes we won the title and i loved that but i really think it's hard to get excited and create alot os atmospher when the football has been dire most of the time.

I think im going to phone the TO after college and get a refund. Get the away tickets from the local rsc and just buy tickets for any home games I want to go to :wink:

Roll On 10/11 season

Roll On 54 :uk:

Well instead of moaning do something about it. Join one of the fan groups and help us out.

I found it absolutely bizarre that a support who managed to orchestrate a perfect silent protest (fuck knows what we were protesting) for 85 minutes suddenly burst into song for the remainder of the game, despite the two late goals.

Which shows that all of you guys who make excuses for not singing don't have a leg to stand on because the entire stadium found its voice to a man. I expect you all to be doing the same from the first whistle next season to the last. Because you proved it can be done if the fans were interested.

Your correct mate, people shouldnt moan and do something about it but look back at my post, i tried got no help and then got flung out. I would love to sit near you guys every game but as im still playing football myself then its more or less impossible. However i missed 3 or 4 away games all season and itl be more or less the same next yearhh.gif

I think im going to phone the TO after college and get a refund. Get the away tickets from the local rsc and just buy tickets for any home games I want to go to :wink:

Roll On 10/11 season

Roll On 54 :uk:

You will defo get your money back.

Ha just thought, do i have to change my user name now ha ha?

Tbh i think the main reason the atmospher is crap at times is the football we are watching.

Yes we won the title and i loved that but i really think it's hard to get excited and create alot os atmospher when the football has been dire most of the time.

That excuse doesn't wash with me at all.

Was the football in the last 5 minutes yesterday the kind which inspired you? Conceding two goals to throw the win away. Meaningless game, yes, but it puts that excuse to rest.

Mate, the quality of football in the early-mid 80s was pish, but the atmosphere was better at a 0-0 draw at Ibrox with Clydebank than most of this season. We finished 5th that season and I always woke up on Sunday minus my voice.

Your correct mate, people shouldnt moan and do something about it but look back at my post, i tried got no help and then got flung out. I would love to sit near you guys every game but as im still playing football myself then its more or less impossible. However i missed 3 or 4 away games all season and itl be more or less the same next yearhh.gif

Agree mate, i sat in in BF3 RowG For a year and the fans around Me & near TBO werent exactly singing aswell. The only thing for me that would change this would be either people moving closer together with a fan group, or a standing section. Or even just telling the guy behind you to shut the fuck up haha.

I found it absolutely bizarre that a support who managed to orchestrate a perfect silent protest (fuck knows what we were protesting) for 85 minutes suddenly burst into song for the remainder of the game

At which point the team went to sleep.....

That excuse doesn't wash with me at all.

Was the football in the last 5 minutes yesterday the kind which inspired you? Conceding two goals to throw the win away. Meaningless game, yes, but it puts that excuse to rest.

Tbh the last 5 mins was the build up to the trophy nothing really to do with the style of football.

Mate, the quality of football in the early-mid 80s was pish, but the atmosphere was better at a 0-0 draw at Ibrox with Clydebank than most of this season. We finished 5th that season and I always woke up on Sunday minus my voice.

Yeah, just dont see it coming back.

I think that another problem is lots of fans have now been priced out of going to the games and have to watch on Tv. There is a few guys that i know who would sing all game are now in that position of not got the money to go to the games.

I think fans are just starting to feel scunnered tbh. No idea why, but there seems to be a lot of apathy inside the stadium.

I dunno, sometimes I get the impression that going to Ibrox is more of a chore, than a day out.

Spot on mate, think it really has alot to do with the style of football. Not having a go at anybody just my view.