Day of mixed emotions for me

Tbh i think the main reason the atmospher is crap at times is the football we are watching.

Yes we won the title and i loved that but i really think it's hard to get excited and create alot os atmospher when the football has been dire most of the time.

That excuse doesn't wash with me at all.

Was the football in the last 5 minutes yesterday the kind which inspired you? Conceding two goals to throw the win away. Meaningless game, yes, but it puts that excuse to rest.

Tbh the last 5 mins was the build up to the trophy nothing really to do with the style of football.

So you all only decided to get excited about lifting the trophy with 5 minutes of the season left? Where was the excitement for the other 85 minutes, we were still lifting it regardless.

Excuses excuses excuses for the majority of posters on here and no actions or ways to improve things. Too happy to sit back, have a moan about the atmosphere whilst going to the game and sitting in silence like everyone else.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh i think the main reason the atmospher is crap at times is the football we are watching.

Yes we won the title and i loved that but i really think it's hard to get excited and create alot os atmospher when the football has been dire most of the time.

Was the football in the last 5 minutes yesterday the kind which inspired you? Conceding two goals to throw the win away. Meaningless game, yes, but it puts that excuse to rest.

Tbh the last 5 mins was the build up to the trophy nothing really to do with the style of football.

So you all only decided to get excited about lifting the trophy with 5 minutes of the season left? Where was the excitement for the other 85 minutes, we were still lifting it regardless.

Excuses excuses excuses for the majority of posters on here and no actions or ways to improve things. Too happy to sit back, have a moan about the atmosphere whilst going to the game and sitting in silence like everyone else.

Me and my mate start a wee sing song but it never comes too anything and you just think wtf is the point tbh The 2 guys behind us usually join in but thats all it comes too

I dont moan about the atmosphere mate, was just making a comment about something somebody else said.

I also think that alot of people now go to the games to really watch the football, not just for a piss up with there mates.

I think fans are just starting to feel scunnered tbh. No idea why, but there seems to be a lot of apathy inside the stadium.

I dunno, sometimes I get the impression that going to Ibrox is more of a chore, than a day out.

Spot on mate, think it really has alot to do with the style of football. Not having a go at anybody just my view.

We scored 83 goals this season in the SPL and ended with a goal difference of +54.

Do they need to be Barcelona or Chelsea before the fans start being vocal?

I dont moan about the atmosphere mate, was just making a comment about something somebody else said.

I also think that alot of people now go to the games to really watch the football, not just for a piss up with there mates.

I wasn't specifically referring to you, but the majority on this and every other Rangers forum.

I go to the football to watch the game too, but tht doesn't stop be from getting behind the team. Nor should it stop anyone. There is a culture of apathy amongst the support whereby they believe that going along and putting their bum on a seat equates to supporting the team to the max.

Anything else over and above that is frowned upon.

I think fans are just starting to feel scunnered tbh. No idea why, but there seems to be a lot of apathy inside the stadium.

I dunno, sometimes I get the impression that going to Ibrox is more of a chore, than a day out.

Spot on mate, think it really has alot to do with the style of football. Not having a go at anybody just my view.

We scored 83 goals this season in the SPL and ended with a goal difference of +54.

Yes we scored alot of goals but get real mate, are you honestly going to say we have played good exciting football?

I wasn't specifically referring to you, but the majority on this and every other Rangers forum.

I go to the football to watch the game too, but tht doesn't stop be from getting behind the team. Nor should it stop anyone. There is a culture of apathy amongst the support whereby they believe that going along and putting their bum on a seat equates to supporting the team to the max.

So would you prefer people who dont sing dont go? Therefor no money going into the club.

Yes we scored alot of goals but get real mate, are you honestly going to say we have played good exciting football?

For much of the season, yes, we have.

But it is all relative. The football on display should not be a factor in supporting the team. If anything when things are going badly they need more support, not less.

It is all just excuses. I've heard them all. From stewards/Police to style of play, right through to not being able to drink in the stadium. I don't buy any of them.

For much of the season, yes, we have.

But it is all relative. The football on display should not be a factor in supporting the team. If anything when things are going badly they need more support, not less.

It is all just excuses. I've heard them all. From stewards/Police to style of play, right through to not being able to drink in the stadium. I don't buy any of them.

We have not played good football for much of the season, only for about 6 games in Dec.

So would you prefer people who dont sing dont go? Therefor no money going into the club.

This won't be a popular opinion but i'd rather 10'000 fans at Ibrox going nuts every game in support of the team than 50'000 sitting in silence moaning at the players.

Perhaps all seater stadiums have spoiled it a wee bit. If there were standing areas you'd get more folk who'd go and stand with their mates instead of being split up around the stadium and get some singing going. I wasnt there when we had terracing but no doubt some of the olders bears can tell us what it was like. My flatmate used to stand in one of the enclosures and he said week in week out it was bouncing.

so the team needs to be playing pretty football before you start singing ? would you rather lose pretty and take it on the chin like Mowbray or win no matter what way that win comes like Smith and end up with trophys at the end of the season. Thats the problem with fans, they go to ibrox to watch there team play and if they dont play well they are on their back from the first minute till the last. im sure that doesnt help the players at all.

would just like to say a big thanks to TBO and the UB For this season, the displays and effort has been outstanding. I thought it was brilliant yesterday when you had the BOYD Banner out, these things can make a difference.

so the team needs to be playing pretty football before you start singing ? would you rather lose pretty and take it on the chin like Mowbray or win no matter what way that win comes like Smith and end up with trophys at the end of the season. Thats the problem with fans, they go to ibrox to watch there team play and if they dont play well they are on their back from the first minute till the last. im sure that doesnt help the players at all.

would just like to say a big thanks to TBO and the UB For this season, the displays and effort has been outstanding. I thought it was brilliant yesterday when you had the BOYD Banner out, these things can make a difference.

Mowbray's septic team certainly did not play pretty football.

Aye the thing is though. You are sitting with tbo so everyone around you is singing all the time so you are obviously going to be singing. If you were sitting somewhere else in the stadium it wouldn't be so easy to start a song etc.

Was a mixed kinda atmosphere, just a pity we didn't win it against Hearts on the day always makes for a better time. Some of the stuff they play over the tannoy is pure pish but I thought the playing of Penny Arcade was a plus and maybe before long they will have the bottle to play TBB. :sherlock:

Aye the thing is though. You are sitting with tbo so everyone around you is singing all the time so you are obviously going to be singing. If you were sitting somewhere else in the stadium it wouldn't be so easy to start a song etc.

Join one of the fan groups then and you'll have no problem. I also sang when i was in the East Enclosure despite being the only one bothering.

This won't be a popular opinion but i'd rather 10'000 fans at Ibrox going nuts every game in support of the team than 50'000 sitting in silence moaning at the players.

Sorry mate but that is the biggest load of bull shite i have ever read on here.

Mate try reading what has been said, nobody said they would want to lose.

I'm with BlueIsTheColour here, although money mean's everything to the club and you want your club to have plenty of it, the atmosphere means alot to fan's.

Well it mean's alot to me and I would love to see Ibrox properly bouncing again.

I'm with BlueIsTheColour here, although money mean's everything to the club and you want your club to have plenty of it, the atmosphere means alot to fan's.

Well it mean's alot to me and I would love to see Ibrox properly bouncing again.

Only problem with this nonsense would be Ibrox would be shut down due to lack of money. doh

Certainly with the Football on show, can often feel that way since the PLG days.