Alastair Johnston skeptical about Ellis deal

Ibroxblue

All AJ has done here is to voice the concerns of all Rangers supporters.

Well......actually he's done two things.

He's also guaranteed his jotters if the Ellis deal were to go through. :sherlock:

I always thought that AJ's position was a temporary one, designed solely to take us through a change of ownership. He has his own business interests in the United States to keep him busy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All AJ has done here is to voice the concerns of all Rangers supporters.

Well......actually he's done two things.

He's also guaranteed his jotters if the Ellis deal were to go through. :sherlock:

That's an intersting point...AJ must be REALLY convinced the Ellis deal is a no-go. If he thought there was ANY chance that Ellis was going to be taking over surely he wouldn't come out and critisise him. Personally, I would take it from this that the Ellis deal is pretty much dead. But, as has already been said, that may be no bad thing.

Anyone else think that AJ could be trying to force Ellis into an official public statement. We all know were not the kind of support who will take people trying to piss on us from all angles(well some like to just sit and take it)

We will now demand answers from anyone who wants the role of owner of the worlds most successful club. I am wondering tho after the assembly were told last week ellis had provided proof of funds wtf would be the point in providing proof, looking over the books etc if you aint serious about ownershipwacko.gif

Anyone else think that AJ could be trying to force Ellis into an official public statement. We all know were not the kind of support who will take people trying to piss on us from all angles(well some like to just sit and take it)

We will now demand answers from anyone who wants the role of owner of the worlds most successful club. I am wondering tho after the assembly were told last week ellis had provided proof of funds wtf would be the point in providing proof, looking over the books etc if you aint serious about ownershipwacko.gif

As i said, i think that is exactly what he's trying to do. (tu)

Why aren't the media going straight to the heart of this issue? David Murray. He stuck us in this debt, his personal fortune remains intact; pay up David and remove the great obstacle that's putting people off buying the club.

If this debt was removed I'm sure there'd be a queue of people willing to buy the club.

Why aren't the media going straight to the heart of this issue? David Murray. He stuck us in this debt, his personal fortune remains intact; pay up David and remove the great obstacle that's putting people off buying the club.

If this debt was removed I'm sure there'd be a queue of people willing to buy the club.

he has already says that whoever is buying the club, will be buying a debt free club

Ellis has sort of commented on AJ's attack, going to be a case of wait and see it seems.

Ellis’s spokesman, David Gilmour, today refused to respond to Johnston’s comments, stating: “There will be an indication in the next few days – apart from that, I am not allowed to comment.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks-ignore/rangers-chairman-sceptical-about-ellis-takeover-bid-1.1028614

Ellis has sort of commented on AJ's attack, going to be a case of wait and see it seems.

Ellis's spokesman, David Gilmour, today refused to respond to Johnston's comments, stating: "There will be an indication in the next few days – apart from that, I am not allowed to comment."

http://www.eveningti...r-bid-1.1028614

Well i take it he wouldnt be allowed to quote due to legal reasons?? well im guessing i dont have a scooby haha. He did say through ssn a few weeks back it would be in the next 3-4 weeks before things would gather pace. As i say tho i do not have a clue, im just going by what i hope i supposeboogie.png

On that issue there is not good news. “I don’t see any imminent resolution of a new owner for Rangers, so I believe we are going to have to plan and budget on a ‘no change in ownership’ basis going into next season,” he said.

:anguish: :anguish:

Like walter said 2 weeks past .. either put up or shut up looks like this andrew ellis is a bit of a no hoper as far as buying Rangers is conserned wht wouldnt he be in contact or why would he come out publicly and say all the stuff he said and then going into hiding. its bad enough us as fans know nothing about whats going on never mind this guy playing hide and go seek.

he has already says that whoever is buying the club, will be buying a debt free club

Murray has said a lot of things in his time here, unfortunately most of it has been wind and pish. If we have no debts why are we downsizing the playing staff and wages?

Murray has said a lot of things in his time here, unfortunately most of it has been wind and pish. If we have no debts why are we downsizing the playing staff and wages?

We have debt, but the way i take it would be that they will be paying the debt owed rather than anything to Murray. He does talk shite at times, but i cant see him noising us up and kidding on we would be debt free once bought

Clyde 1 reporting that the 'Ellis consortium' still interested in buying rangers!

Why does nobody just tell the fucking truth?

If anyone has seen the only fools and horses with the gold chains and del and his "consortium" buy the chains. For some reason every time i see or hear the word consortium i think of this. Way of topic but still10310.gif

It is possible that Ellis is talking directly to Murray/Muir and AJ is frustrated at not being privy to what is going on. As for planning for the worst possible scenario we should surely do that anyway (along with other scenarios).

Ellis’s spokesman, David Gilmour, today refused to respond to Johnston’s comments, stating: “There will be an indication in the next few days – apart from that, I am not allowed to comment.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks-ignore/rangers-chairman-sceptical-about-ellis-takeover-bid-1.1028614

Ellis' spokesman is not allowed to comment but if you read FF, the attention seeking fantasist NorthamptonLoyalist has been on the phone to him again :lol::lol::lol::wink:

Ellis' spokesman is not allowed to comment but if you read FF, the attention seeking fantasist NorthamptonLoyalist has been on the phone to him again :lol::lol::lol::wink:

Let me guess, a bid is imminent?

Why dont you, for the good people of RM, copy the post that I put up in here. The one that was up 2 hours ago, contradicted 100% AJ and has just a few minutes ago been 100% corroborated by Ellis in the sporting life article. THAT fantasy. Great wee crystal ball I have there, dont you think?

This post is EXACTLY the reason I dont put the news up here anymore.