Should We Have Won 10 In A Row

minstral

Was just sitting thinking last night about how we never went on to win 10 titles and set a record that would never have been beaten. I think that Negri and Laudrup both going in the huff did not help, plus Walter telling everyone that it was his last season.

Also some of Walters buys were not that good, nor were his team selections. We also sold Gazza, and we bought 4 expensive players from Seria A who were not that great. But at the end of the day we lost it to a poor Celtic team which still haunts me and there was other reasons also but i would like to hear what other members think.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course we should.

a few points....Bjorkland and stenstass (sp) were a nightmare at the back and cost us a good few points, we were right to sell gazza he had been a drunk for most of his time at ibrox but was not totally out of control like he was when we sold him, Laudrup was injury prone and didn't perform as he had during other seasons (although i hate the suggestion he didn't try, it's pish) if gough was there for the full season we would have been champions, whatever happened to Negri if he had played for the 2nd half of the season we would have probably been champions.

The day we got beaten by Kilmarnock was one of the most gutted i have ever been following a game of football, especially when they fecked up the next day

The best team always wins the league but I think we threw it away that year. Us and Celtic were so poor that I remember Hearts mounting a decent championship challenge for most of that season.

We fell away after we got beat off them in January and we only started to pick up again once the likes of McCoist and Ian Ferguson were brought back into the team and played with a bit of passion.

I can remember crying after the final home game against Kilmarnock when 10IAR died. Thought I was the only 1 until I saw my dad and many others filling up.

If ever a team deserved to gout as winners it was them but we just ran out of steam.

Just a bawhair before I really got into football, but was it worse than Manchester?

I keep hearing people say that the UEFA Cup Final was the biggest disappointment ever, but surely it wasn't as bad as losing 10IAR.

Just a bawhair before I really got into football, but was it worse than Manchester?

I keep hearing people say that the UEFA Cup Final was the biggest disappointment ever, but surely it wasn't as bad as losing 10IAR.

Different disappointments to be honest, I would only depress myself trying to work out which one was worse :lol:

In terms of dissapointment I can remember a couple of games from that season. One was the killie game which I had already posted about.

One was at Fir Park when we were just terrible. McCoist scored and went fuckin mental and the Scottish players were going crazy trying to lift the foreigners who just didn't look interested.

Another one was after we beat Celtic twice in a week. Aberdeen at Pittodrie. Stephen Glass scored and we got beat 1-0 and totally handed the initiative back to Celtic.

When we lost 10IAR I couldn't believe it. I was 11 at the time and from when I had started watching football I hadn't seen rangers lose a championship. I didn't understand what was happening.

In terms of dissapointment I can remember a couple of games from that season. One was the killie game which I had already posted about.

One was at Fir Park when we were just terrible. McCoist scored and went fuckin mental and the Scottish players were going crazy trying to lift the foreigners who just didn't look interested.

Another one was after we beat Celtic twice in a week. Aberdeen at Pittodrie. Stephen Glass scored and we got beat 1-0 and totally handed the initiative back to Celtic.

When we lost 10IAR I couldn't believe it. I was 11 at the time and from when I had started watching football I hadn't seen rangers lose a championship. I didn't understand what was happening.

Was in the motherwell end that day, ended up in a fight and had to leave....cunt of as day.... :anguish:

We also lost a last minute goal at the piggery.

Was that after a ridiculous red card to gazzza ?

Yes General can you mind that he tangled with Wieghorst where there was no contact and that C--T Rowbotham sent him off.

Was just sitting thinking last night about how we never went on to win 10 titles and set a record that would never have been beaten. I think that Negri and Laudrup both going in the huff did not help, plus Walter telling everyone that it was his last season.

Also some of Walters buys were not that good, nor were his team selections. We also sold Gazza, and we bought 4 expensive players from Seria A who were not that great. But at the end of the day we lost it to a poor Celtic team which still haunts me and there was other reasons also but i would like to hear what other members think.

this brings back bad memories. Yes we absolutely should have won 10 in a row

General the same game Stubbs made a shocking two-footed tackle on Negri and all he gave was a throw in.

Yes General can you mind that he tangled with Wieghorst where there was no contact and that C--T Rowbotham sent him off.

Revenge after he didn't sent gazza off against aberdeen and was the first,and probably only, ref to be put down a grade......

Its weird, I was 10 at the time and could remember 9 in a row so clearly and jumping about when laudrup scored that header but 10 in a row season is just a blur, I think cos I was so used to us winning I thought we'd do it easily. I don't think anyone will ever get 10 in a row. Gutting.