Leicester player hammered for voting BNP

Just hearing this on TalkSport, here's the story;

Wayne Brown has been forced into making a grovelling apology to his Leicester City team-mates after admitting that he voted BNP in the general election.

The Foxes defender sparked fury among several of his colleagues last week during a dressing-room debate turned sour and now he has been forced to ask for forgiveness.

A number of his team-mates — principally winger Lloyd Dyer and veteran defender Chris Powell — were particularly upset and rounded upon the former Hull City man.

Reports of a dressing-room punch-up appear wide of the mark but several of the Foxes’ squad were unhappy and told him so.

Matters became so heated that when Brown reported for duty ahead of the weekend’s play-off game against Cardiff City he was told to leave the club, having been suspended for the two fixtures against the Bluebirds.

Brown was told that he needed to apologise on Thursday after Leicester’s season effectively ended following a penalty shoot-out defeat at the City of Cardiff Stadium on Wednesday night.

It is unknown as yet whether he has had the opportunity to do so as the Foxes’ squad were allowed a day off following their heartache in south Wales.

A Leicester source said: ‘There was no punch-up. But Wayne has been asked to apologise to anyone he may have offended.

‘It seems as though there was a discussion and he disclosed how he had voted.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278502/Leicester-City-star-Wayne-Brown-forced-grovelling-apology-BNP-stance.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0oIxofges

Is this right? I don't agree with BNP at all, but should anyone be hammered for the party they vote for?

Voting is a right. Welcome to Big Brother Britain, it's even affecting the football.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Why should he apologise? it's up to him who he votes.

Politics and football should never cross like this.

Shouldn't have to apologise for who he voted for. If he's getting hammered for that, then maybe the players would voted for the party that screwed our country over (labour) and made all this PC shit should get hammered too? I think not.

There's a line with politics and football and that line should never be crossed.

Bleugh.

So his team-mates should be angry at him for voting for a party as outwardly racist as the BNP! What I don't understand is this. He tells everyone he has voted for the most controversial party in the country, and rightly receives dogs' abuse in return. Why is he not standing up for himself? He should be ashamed of both his vote and his cowardice.

He should not be ashamed of his vote. Shut up.

Bleugh.

So his team-mates should be angry at him for voting for a party as outwardly racist as the BNP! What I don't understand is this. He tells everyone he has voted for the most controversial party in the country, and rightly receives dogs' abuse in return. Why is he not standing up for himself? He should be ashamed of both his vote and his cowardice.

yeah, he should

Why should he apologise? it's up to him who he votes.

Politics and football should never cross like this.

Yes, because BNP getting into power wouldnt effect English football at all would it :rolleyes:

It´s not like those dirty scum foreigners play the game down there.

People who have voted lhabour over the last 45 years are the ones who should be ashamed they are the ones who have destroyed this Nation ! :sherlock:

Great minds and all that BD :craphead:

Read this a few days ago, puts the club in a tricky situation in that it got out but he was only being honest in conversation with his team-mates.

DOES ANYBODY APOLOGISE FOR VOTING THE MURDERING BASTARDS SINN FEIN ? :sherlock:

The most sensible post, if anybody should apologise then its voting for sectarian baby killing ira/sinn fein that needs an apology.

Bleugh.

Eh calm down. It's my opinion that voting for the BNP is incredibly narrow minded. Look, vote for whoever you want, but if it's BNP then first of all you might want to watch the 'How many of you are robbers?' video, and second of all, expect a barrage of criticism after telling everyone you've done so.

I'm very calm, I just feel nobody should be made to feel ashamed for who they choose to vote for. And I also get a barrage of criticism myself because I have family in the BNP so you don't need to explain that to me (tu)

Bleugh.

Eh calm down. It's my opinion that voting for the BNP is incredibly narrow minded. Look, vote for whoever you want, but if it's BNP then first of all you might want to watch the 'How many of you are robbers?' video, and second of all, expect a barrage of criticism after telling everyone you've done so.

Talk about narrow minded :lol:

He has the right to vote for whoever he wants. He has the professional duty not to sow discontent in the dressing room. He should have kept his fucking mouth shut. Especially since many of his colleagues are non-whites.

DOES ANYBODY APOLOGISE FOR VOTING THE MURDERING BASTARDS SINN FEIN ? :sherlock:

The most sensible post, if anybody should apologise then its voting for sectarian baby killing ira/sinn fein that needs an apology.

How is this the most sensible post? It has absolutely nothing to do with the thread.

I'm very calm, I just feel nobody should be made to feel ashamed for who they choose to vote for. And I also get a barrage of criticism myself because I have family in the BNP so you don't need to explain that to me (tu)

I just don't like being told to 'shut up' for my opinion.

Talk about narrow minded :lol:

'Mein Kampf is my bible.' John Tyndall, BNP founder.

“The sick minds who would have us believe that Jews were gassed at Auschwitz are completely twisted.” Tony Lecomber, number two in the BNP.

“I am well aware that the orthodox opinion is that six million Jews were gassed and cremated or turned into lampshades. Orthodox opinion also once held that the earth is flat…I have reached the conclusion that the ‘extermination’ tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie, and latter day witch-hysteria.” Nick Griffin, BNP leader.

.......they speak for themselves.

You've crossed that line I spoke of. :sherlock: