Leicester player hammered for voting BNP

I'm very calm, I just feel nobody should be made to feel ashamed for who they choose to vote for. And I also get a barrage of criticism myself because I have family in the BNP so you don't need to explain that to me (tu)

I just don't like being told to 'shut up' for my opinion.

Then you should not put across your opinion in such an idiotic way.

EDIT!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Why should he apologise? it's up to him who he votes.

Politics and football should never cross like this.

Yes, because BNP getting into power wouldnt effect English football at all would it :rolleyes:

It´s not like those dirty scum foreigners play the game down there.

You're backing up my point here, :lol:

I'm saying they should never cross, that's what you are saying.

I'm very calm, I just feel nobody should be made to feel ashamed for who they choose to vote for. And I also get a barrage of criticism myself because I have family in the BNP so you don't need to explain that to me (tu)

Then you should put across your opinion in such an idiotic way.

He didn't.

Tell me exactly what is idiotic about disapproving of people who vote for racist parties.

I have no problem with disapproving of voting BNP, I also disapprove of voting BNP. But claiming someone should be ashamed of how they choose to vote is idiotic, in my opinion of course.

Tell me exactly what is idiotic about disapproving of people who vote for racist parties.

I have no problem with disapproving of voting BNP, I also disapprove of voting BNP. But claiming someone should be ashamed of how they choose to vote is idiotic, in my opinion of course.

You can say that they should be ashamed of voting for a racist party and still accept that it is their right to do so.

You can say that they should be ashamed of voting for a racist party and still accept that it is their right to do so.

If someone votes BNP simply because thay are racist then they are stupid but who's to say the Leicester player did not read the BNP manifesto and based his vote on that?

If someone votes BNP simply because thay are racist then they are stupid but who's to say the Leicester player did not read the BNP manifesto and based his vote on that?

The BNP manifesto is racist, and is the rallying cry of a constitutionally racist organisation.

That's like saying "If someone votes for Hitler just because they are racist then they are stupid but who's to say the Leicester player did not read Mein Kampf and based his vote on that?"

The BNP manifesto is racist, and is the rallying cry of a constitutionally racist organisation.

That's like saying "If someone votes for Hitler just because they are racist then they are stupid but who's to say the Leicester player did not read Mein Kampf and based his vote on that?"

You're missing the point, the BNP manifesto has a lot of good points and just because someone votes them does not make them a racist and they should not be ashamed of how they vote.

The usual pc nonsense getting spouted. The BNP are obviously deemed not to be racist or illegal, if they were, they would be proscribed.

Are there any other parties that the anti-Nazi's want to stop people voting for?

Yes, because BNP getting into power wouldnt effect English football at all would it :rolleyes:

But if the BNP got into power they would cross ALOT more than they currently do, therefore it makes a man, who plays in the same team as foreigners, look very silly saying that he voted for a party whos main prio is to get those foreigners out of the country.

Think of all the great foriegn players Rangers have had over the years, and the service they have done for the club. Voting BNP is basically saying fuck you to all of them.

You're missing the point, the BNP manifesto has a lot of good points and just because someone votes them does not make them a racist and they should not be ashamed of how they vote.

There is no ignoring the pernicious and inescapable racism that is written into the very fabric of their party though, and if you vote for them you give legitimacy to that evil. The "good points" you speak of are there exactly to suck in people who would otherwise not consider themselves to be BNP sympathisers. You go "well I don't like the racism but I do agree with this" and suddenly you're a little more open to the rest of the crap they're trying to feed you.

It is not arrogant or narrow-minded or undemocratic to point out to people that they have a responsibility not to use their vote in a way that will render them complicit in very serious wrongs. You would need to be incredibly selective and willing to turn a blind idea to some pretty serious stuff if you felt you could say that you voted BNP but you're not a bad person.

I will fiercely defend the right of anyone to vote for the BNP but I will defend my right to judge them harshly for it equally fiercly.

The usual pc nonsense getting spouted. The BNP are obviously deemed not to be racist or illegal, if they were, they would be proscribed.

Are there any other parties that the anti-Nazi's want to stop people voting for?

Except they were deemed racist and illegal and so were told to change their policies so they could continue as a political party.

Obviously being told your not allowed to be racist anymore means that you´re not racist anymore though... doesnt it?

Not really, since Mein Kampf was not the Nazi Party manifesto :pipe:

Putting aside anything to do with immigration that they can cloak in pseudo-economic bollocks, the BNP openly, explicitly state that they consider white British-born people to be more British than non-white British-born people. This is blatant racism by any definition, and I doubt Nick Griffin would even deny that.

To all intents and purposes it was. It was the most popular book in Germany and was given for free to newly-weds and soldiers. It was purposefully disseminated amongst the people to spread its message. Your average German worker in the 1930s was not going to have access to political party manifestos. They would have access to Mein Kampf.

To all intents and purposes it was. It was the most popular book in Germany and was given for free to newly-weds and soldiers. It was purposefully disseminated amongst the people to spread its message. Your average German worker in the 1930s was not going to have access to political party manifestos. They would have access to Mein Kampf.

The 25 point plan manifesto was created for ease of digestion and conveying the NSDAP common purpose...

There is no ignoring the pernicious and inescapable racism that is written into the very fabric of their party though, and if you vote for them you give legitimacy to that evil. The "good points" you speak of are there exactly to suck in people who would otherwise not consider themselves to be BNP sympathisers. You go "well I don't like the racism but I do agree with this" and suddenly you're a little more open to the rest of the crap they're trying to feed you.

It is not arrogant or narrow-minded or undemocratic to point out to people that they have a responsibility not to use their vote in a way that will render them complicit in very serious wrongs. You would need to be incredibly selective and willing to turn a blind idea to some pretty serious stuff if you felt you could say that you voted BNP but you're not a bad person.

I will fiercely defend the right of anyone to vote for the BNP but I will defend my right to judge them harshly for it equally fiercly.

So if I agree with the BNPs' more sensible views then suddenly I'm more open to their more radical views, Is that what you're telling me?

Well my friend you couldn't be more wrong.

I dont think he would have had to apologise simply because he voted BNP, by the sounds of it he is being punished because he caused the dressing room unrest. The way he was talking about it during a dressing room debate obviously annoyed some people and led to an argument amongst the team and since he started the argument he is having to apologise. I doubt in his apology he will say 'sorry i voted for the BNP'. He will be saying 'sorry i started an argument'.

Except they were deemed racist and illegal and so were told to change their policies so they could continue as a political party.

Obviously being told your not allowed to be racist anymore means that you´re not racist anymore though... doesnt it?

We're talking about a person's right to vote here. Whether you deem them racist is neither here nor there, the law of the land doesn't. You are free to campaign against a party if you want, but people shouldn't be made to apologise for their political beliefs.

I dont think he would have had to apologise simply because he voted BNP, by the sounds of it he is being punished because he caused the dressing room unrest. The way he was talking about it during a dressing room debate obviously annoyed some people and led to an argument amongst the team and since he started the argument he is having to apologise. I doubt in his apology he will say 'sorry i voted for the BNP'. He will be saying 'sorry i started an argument'.

Exactly, and he should have to apologise for that. In the same way John Terry compromised his relationship with another player by knobbing the mother of his child, Wayne Brown has created a situation where several of his colleagues are going to be uncomfortable playing on the same team as him, because he has brought unnecessary political controversy into the dressing room.

We're talking about a person's right to vote here. Whether you deem them racist is neither here nor there, the law of the land doesn't. You are free to campaign against a party if you want, but people shouldn't be made to apologise for their political beliefs.

No, but they should be savagely berated for holding repulsive political beliefs in the hope that they will see the error of their ways. If they have any spine they should be able to put together a decent defence, unless there is none to be made.

So if I agree with the BNPs' more sensible views then suddenly I'm more open to their more radical views, Is that what you're telling me?

Well my friend you couldn't be more wrong.

What sensible views are these then?

I didnt deem them racist, they deemed themselves racist when they went so many years not allowing anyone but british born whites into their party, until the law made them have to allow them. The definition of racism is in the dictionary, if you abide by that definition then you are a racist, there is no opinions involved. You are one or you´re not one.

And I´m not saying they shouldnt have the right to vote, not that BNP should be removed as a political party. Have your racist party, why should I care. If you´re a racist and happy admiting that you´re one, fair enough imo, but dont expect to be treated with kindness by people when you admit it to them. (I´m not specificaly aiming this post at you btw).

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

But if the BNP got into power they would cross ALOT more than they currently do, therefore it makes a man, who plays in the same team as foreigners, look very silly saying that he voted for a party whos main prio is to get those foreigners out of the country.

Think of all the great foriegn players Rangers have had over the years, and the service they have done for the club. Voting BNP is basically saying fuck you to all of them.

I'm not condoning him.

I'm just saying no matter who you vote far, it shouldn't affect your footballing career.