how highly do you rate the current barcelona side?

GOAT

easily the best team I've ever seen, easily better than the madrid of the late ninties, early noughties.

Anyone care to mention a better tesm in your lifetime?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are good - but far from greats IMO.

AC Milan and Ajax of the 1990 ish era where better.(from modern times)

AC Milan simply killed games like Chelsea used to, and Ajax played proper total football.

Juventus teams of late 90's where a more dominant team too.

Then you have the Ajax teams of the 70's, along with the Brazilians etc etc.

In the history of football, this barca team dosnt even make it into the book.

In fact I reckon our team of 92/93 would have enough mettle to give the current Barca team a good game :wink:

Funnily enough I was going to create a thread about who people enjoyed watching most, This current Barcelona side or the Galacticos at there best with the likes of Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo etc :drool:

Zidane vs Xavi ?

Ronaldo vs Messi ?

Figo vs Iniesta ?

Valdes vs Casillas ?

I must say this Barcelona side are playing football like I have never seen it before...so Barcelona for me

They are brilliant to watch, and allthough they aren't in the CL final, I think they are still the best in the world.

You can't compare them to teams of the past as football has moved on greatly since then,

Teams from the 70s 80s and even the 90s would never be able to compete with this Barcelona team, as the fitness and athleticism would shine through.

Imo you can only be the best in your era.

Judging by this season, definitely NOT the best ever...

Failed to win the Copa Del Rey or a European Cup!

However last season, you could definitely argue a case for them being up there.

It's about results, and this season they have just stumbled ever so slightly. (tu)

Tbf in my lifetime the young Ajax team featuring De boer x 2, Davids, Kluivert, Witschge, Van der saar et al was unreal. Nearly all young dutchies, were unreal.

Then my favourite ever player (the real) Ronaldo's Madrid team, were class. However this Barca team are the best team to watch on the planet. For the game against Arsenal to be classed as the battle of total football. It was more like men v girls. Barca absoloutely destroyed them hail.gif

In a one-off season, they are surely as good an any team ever.

I think consistent success over a much longer period is needed to be remebered as an all time great team, like Real in the 1950's, Liverpool in the 1970's or Man Utd under SAF.

They definately aren't as good as they were, Pep made a HUGE mistake getting rid of Eto'o, and replacing him with Ibra.

Record points tally in La Liga, most goals scored ever....the theory that Ibrahimovic has flopped is a fallacy. He's scored something like 14 La Liga goals, despite starting many matches on the bench, and in fact ranked 2nd in the Barcelona player of the year, ahead of Xavi and Iniesta, as voted for by the fans. give him another year and Camp Nou, and watch his consistency increase as he settles down. There's a lot of pressure being Barcelona's record signing.

Statistics as always are what you make of them. With Eto'o Barcelona were pretty much unbeatable, and won every tournament available to them, in Guardiolas first season.

Without Eto'o and with Ibra they missed out on the Spanish Cup and Champions League, and the gap in the league was reduced.

By far and away the best team in the world at the moment.

If they win a La Liga and Champions League double next season while entertaining the way they do, they'll go down as the best ever.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

They are a good side but I feel they are a bit overated

Stupid... Oh I see, you're a female.

Spot on. They don't have a clue about football. Stick to rating the players arses darling. :craphead:

Try going out and playing a real game of football and then you appreciate how good these guys actually are.

AC Milan simply killed games like Chelsea used to, and Ajax played proper total football.

In fact I reckon our team of 92/93 would have enough mettle to give the current Barca team a good game :wink:

Nonsense. They're outstripping the original dream team of the early 90s, and are better than the Ajax team of the mid 90s. I'd put them up there with the Milan side of the late 80s til 94 who aside from this Barca side have been the best side I have watched.

As for the league gap being reduced as someone mentioned. 38 games played, 6 drawn and 1 lost. The gap has not really been reduced, Real stepped up this season but how far ahead were both of them from Valencia? Real had to spent a ridiculous amount of money to try and bridge the gap, but Barca showed that they are just too good. Even with injuries at times they stayed true to their philosophy to play good football. If it wasn't for a couple of suspect decisions in the Semis they'd also be going for back to back Champions League.

Behave!

Spot on. They don't have a clue about football. Stick to rating the players arses darling. :craphead:

Try going out and playing a real game of football and then you appreciate how good these guys actually are.

doh I said they were good and they play attractive football (you hear that football, not footballers ;) ) but I do think they are a tad overated, if they were so invincable they wouldnt have lost to Inter and Real wouldnt have ran them so close to winning the title.

Their performance in the 6-2 El Classico was probably the best I've seen from a club side in my life.

Same here mate.

It was an absolute annihilation.